Pages:
Author

Topic: What are the Real Risks of Crypto? - page 13. (Read 22075 times)

copper member
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
www.codex.one
December 19, 2018, 05:36:28 AM
What do you guys think are the real risks of cryptocurrencies and are there any ways of overcoming them? I've attached a good article below that covers a lot of the solutions to what people consider problematic at the moment, and it essentially says most of the risks are down to the user and not the technology (i.e. lack of education). Am interested to hear your opinions.

The interesting article: https://medium.com/@DDhopn/what-are-the-risks-of-buying-crypto-ff1c991a6c83

P.S. I am heavily involved in crypto, just keeping an open mind

I think another real risk in cryptocurrency today is the exposure of anonymity by providing unnecessary KYC to different ICO's without really figuring out if it is legit or not. This might put our lives in risk.
copper member
Activity: 84
December 19, 2018, 05:22:16 AM
You are not comppletely right here, remember that business itself is defined as a pool of of risk, and i think that even living on this earth is a risk in my opinion.No venture no success, if you enter into a business for instance, you either stand to gain or loss; and those that venture in cryptos, entered to make money but they can also experience lost. I think risk taking is generally a win or loose thing in every business.
Activity: 392
Merit: 14
December 19, 2018, 05:05:38 AM
It will always be the user and not the technology. The lack of knowledge and understanding is really what drives the risks in any kind of industry. Let us have an anology: for instance you would want to learn how to drive a motorbike the risk of being in an accident is not to be blamed to the bike but rather your knowledge and experience on how to drive it.

Users can expose flaws in the technology but if the flaws aren't there in the first place then there's nothing for them to expose. The biggest risk for investors is always loss of capital, aside from that I don't really see any risks.
Yes, the technical flaw is that cryptocurrency is the most deadly, but the probability of this happening is almost zero. Especially if the main coin depreciates sharply in the event of a loophole, the probability is very small. Vulnerabilities in trading platforms are usually more likely to occur.
Activity: 490
Merit: 2
December 19, 2018, 04:27:17 AM
I think the collapse of the market is not a risk, the only one is the threat from hackers who want to steal and also the issue of crypto legality from the government which is likely to be banned.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
December 18, 2018, 09:08:10 AM
What do you guys think are the real risks of cryptocurrencies and are there any ways of overcoming them? I've attached a good article below that covers a lot of the solutions to what people consider problematic at the moment, and it essentially says most of the risks are down to the user and not the technology (i.e. lack of education). Am interested to hear your opinions.

The interesting article: https://medium.com/@DDhopn/what-are-the-risks-of-buying-crypto-ff1c991a6c83

these are not the risks of crypto, these are the risks of BUYING and HODLING crypto.
You can support crypto without owning any.
And considering that buying crypto is gambling, the risks should be pretty obvious even if you hadn't read the article.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036
December 18, 2018, 09:06:42 AM
I think there is one big crypto risk - volatility! Many people came on the market in January 2018 and invest their money in crypto and now their portfolio 90% reduced... Of course u can make money on crypto, but u have to spend all your time here..
I do not even know how to express my indignation. I can only bring an example of the fact that in my wallet the volume of certain coins should have been about $ 1,000 for the price of ico. But today there are only 60 dollars.
Your example shows the current worst trend of crypto markets and I guess you are choosing cryptos and ICOs carefully for your investment. The risk while investing in cryptos always there but you must take time to do your own research and analysis so that you may not need to get panic in this down market. If the coins and ICOs you have invested are good for long term holding then you do not need to worry about.

Yes, with the long-term holding we can eliminate most of the real risk of cryptos. Because only in short-term, the total crypto market is looking down but by this time next year they must be having new peaks where most of the reputed cryptos will be trading around.  Risk management is not an easy science. But with respect to cryptos, we can easily eliminate most of the risks by simply choosing long-term prospects coins.
Activity: 334
Merit: 1
December 18, 2018, 08:50:07 AM
One of the big risks of crypto is losing, so many people invest and at the wrong time then there is no patience and throw and leave crypto.
This unpreparedness is fatal and feels like a failure.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
December 18, 2018, 08:39:12 AM
Big volatility is the big risk in the crypto which scares the small investors to invest for earning. Due to this reason, thousands people don't like to crypto and keep away from this. But in future, these people will also invest in the crypto.
Activity: 672
Merit: 144
December 18, 2018, 08:24:41 AM
I think there is one big crypto risk - volatility! Many people came on the market in January 2018 and invest their money in crypto and now their portfolio 90% reduced... Of course u can make money on crypto, but u have to spend all your time here..
I do not even know how to express my indignation. I can only bring an example of the fact that in my wallet the volume of certain coins should have been about $ 1,000 for the price of ico. But today there are only 60 dollars.
Activity: 608
November 24, 2018, 02:41:16 PM
The biggest risks are for people who do not know how to manage their deposits and manage risks, because the coins are now highly volatile and they will be like this for a very long time but the people who earn in the market have not decreased.
Activity: 616
November 24, 2018, 11:31:27 AM
The most important thing is that there is always a risk of losing your deposit. This is the most important thing that can happen to you, of course this is the final situation, there are still very small risks, but they still lead to this.
Activity: 406
November 23, 2018, 02:46:31 PM
I also think the riskest thing is that anyone join this world without having any experience or knowledge about cryptocurrency then they'll easily fall into shitcoin or shit project then they'll lose their money Smiley. But it's not the only risky thing in this world.
copper member
Activity: 995
Merit: 1
November 23, 2018, 02:45:37 PM
Great stuff. I read fluently. Bookmarked for detailed study. Well, about financial risks, I think they exist everywhere.
Activity: 188
November 23, 2018, 02:43:53 PM

The most real risks of crypto is the competition each token faces against each other. IF your project, vision and white paper are better than your competitors' you'll win. Paragon is not the only cannabis coin, however its project is just so unique it is the best amongst all cannabis tokens.
Activity: 546
Merit: 11
November 23, 2018, 02:36:50 PM
The risks involved in cryptocurrencies is that,  you are not sure you are making profit or a loss. You will never know the coin you are investigating in will become successful or not.
Activity: 1
November 23, 2018, 02:27:23 PM
Need to sell a crypto now?
Activity: 616
November 23, 2018, 02:15:27 PM
The real risks are only that today, to a greater degree, people simply lose their money on the fact that they hope for cryptocurrencies, and as we understand cryptocurrencies, this is a high-risk market and you should evaluate the risks and accept them.
yes,the risk in crypto is very large, but this is what makes crypto very profitable, therefore we must be able to minimize the risk by being careful when choosing coins or ICO and also always monitoring market movements and coins because any decline or increase can be our weapon for benefit from crypto.
Activity: 555
Merit: 12
November 23, 2018, 01:30:02 PM
I think the highest risk involved in crypto is hacking leading to loss of funds. For example, leaving your coins or tokens on exchanges and when the exchange is hacked, you lose funds. Another big risk is the fluctuating market, which may reduce the value of your holdings. Scam projects are also a big issue in crypto space.
Activity: 588
November 23, 2018, 01:00:34 PM
The real risks are only that today, to a greater degree, people simply lose their money on the fact that they hope for cryptocurrencies, and as we understand cryptocurrencies, this is a high-risk market and you should evaluate the risks and accept them.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
November 23, 2018, 12:37:21 PM
I believe that there is always a risk in any investment particularly in cryptocurrencies since there are scam ICO's in the crypto market that are uncontrollable on the side of the forum's admin. I think the most important thing to do atleast to minimize any risk is to gain more knowledge and understanding about cryptocurrency. Research and study the ICO or the existing altcoin you wish to invest. Analyze properly the market trend before you proceed with your investment.

The real Risk in the market is the Risk of losing your investment if the market  not favorable to your choice on investment, the market is very Volatile, will never know on what will happen on the next trading market. We've seen the ups and down on the market preview, the unexpected drops on some coin just recently was never predicted by experts on the market, they gave us all possible scensaio on what to expect or just an speculation, the most crucial are the confidence level of consumer's on the market. plus the negative news about crypto, the regulation issue had affected the performance of the crypto, all of this can be considered risk factor.
Pages:
Jump to: