Pages:
Author

Topic: What are the Real Risks of Crypto? - page 20. (Read 22075 times)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503
November 01, 2018, 06:16:07 PM
What do you guys think are the real risks of cryptocurrencies and are there any ways of overcoming them? I've attached a good article below that covers a lot of the solutions to what people consider problematic at the moment, and it essentially says most of the risks are down to the user and not the technology (i.e. lack of education). Am interested to hear your opinions.

The interesting article: https://medium.com/@DDhopn/what-are-the-risks-of-buying-crypto-ff1c991a6c83

P.S. I am heavily involved in crypto, just keeping an open mind

There are really tons  of risks. It only depends on the person on how you would see it, lean on the benefits or the cons. If which side are you more inclined then your bias must be there no matter what. So the first should be proper mindsetting and then follow the other discourse that can have effects on your disposition in this space.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 30
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
November 01, 2018, 05:47:16 PM
1) User transaction error: Transaction are final in this face. When one carelessly send cryptocurrency into the wrong wallet address.
2) Loss of private key: When the private key is missing, it cannot be recover and all the crypto store in such wallet are gone forever.

These are some of the major real risk of crypto.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 68
November 01, 2018, 05:35:26 PM
The risks are simple and easy
Crypto currency can make you very richer than before
More similarly but opposites, crypto can make you poorer than ever and even leave you debts

So be smart and learn your way around
Activity: 364
Merit: 105
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
November 01, 2018, 05:29:24 PM
It will always be the user and not the technology. The lack of knowledge and understanding is really what drives the risks in any kind of industry. Let us have an anology: for instance you would want to learn how to drive a motorbike the risk of being in an accident is not to be blamed to the bike but rather your knowledge and experience on how to drive it.

Users can expose flaws in the technology but if the flaws aren't there in the first place then there's nothing for them to expose. The biggest risk for investors is always loss of capital, aside from that I don't really see any risks.
Activity: 462
Merit: 11
November 01, 2018, 05:05:33 PM
It will always be the user and not the technology. The lack of knowledge and understanding is really what drives the risks in any kind of industry. Let us have an anology: for instance you would want to learn how to drive a motorbike the risk of being in an accident is not to be blamed to the bike but rather your knowledge and experience on how to drive it.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
November 01, 2018, 02:12:58 PM
What do you guys think are the real risks of cryptocurrencies and are there any ways of overcoming them? I've attached a good article below that covers a lot of the solutions to what people consider problematic at the moment, and it essentially says most of the risks are down to the user and not the technology (i.e. lack of education). Am interested to hear your opinions.

The interesting article: https://medium.com/@DDhopn/what-are-the-risks-of-buying-crypto-ff1c991a6c83

P.S. I am heavily involved in crypto, just keeping an open mind
Pages:
Jump to: