Pages:
Author

Topic: What are your rules for profit taking - page 2. (Read 1444 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 12
October 04, 2018, 04:43:56 PM
I always exchange my cryptocurrency on the right time, if you want to earn more profit in the market then you need to endure the pressure just like what is happening right now and wait for the price to grow again
Activity: 78
Merit: 0
October 04, 2018, 03:21:10 PM
I am a long term investor, so I will hold all my coins and will only sell them when the portfolio increases by at least two times
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
October 04, 2018, 01:35:59 PM
In the rules of trading you have the path to make your money increase but it's also depends how you will start taking profit for you strategies in trading.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
October 02, 2018, 06:02:16 AM
I have a rule that I will sell soon when I get a profit even if it's only a little and I will exchange it for cash if I need money, the rest I use to buy coins again and hope to get more profit
Activity: 476
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
October 02, 2018, 04:00:23 AM
For now i try first to compound my profit while waiting for bull market,  use compound in this situation that all price of crypto in the bottom is less risk and will give more potential profit. After bull market passed, i will withdraw all of them and put in others asset.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 283
September 12, 2018, 04:14:05 AM
For profit taking my strategy is half half if i have 1000 $ i always do if i buy a token 50% of my investment or 500 $ for buy and 50% too for sell 500 $

Very interesting way, I think.
Always apply the simple rules that we have learned in our first class that subtract your cost price from the selling price will result in profit and you can also get in as percentage gain as well. Now the tough job is to make profit that is possible only if you are enriched with the great knowledge that an economist and trader or investor has so it has been much easy for them to make profit.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
September 05, 2018, 11:50:23 AM
I rely on two main criteria - levels and math. When I rely on levels, I look at the levels that price may gain on different timeframes. As for math, I calculate 2R, 3R etc meaning my risk level is multiplied by 2 or more.

Almost similar with me, though I go with trend lines

going profits with initial confirmation as target

dividing it into 2 setting with my risk or cuts

if I have a clear trends with risk I doubled it with profits

setting target as 1:2 ratio as possible
Activity: 56
Merit: 1
September 05, 2018, 11:37:42 AM
Take 50% off after the logical target has been hit and i see bearish divergence of the indicators/candles. See how the trade is gonna continue after couple hours and either sell the rest & go short or let the trade continue climbing while staying long with 50% of my initial capital.

Repeat the steps at next resistance.
Activity: 434
September 05, 2018, 11:25:42 AM
thank you for nice advice.i have loss many due to  being greedy,now i have learn hard way it's okay to take profits and anyone who tells you that it isn't either has made enough good trades to not have to worry or they're naive and will end up losing in the long-run.
Activity: 168
September 05, 2018, 09:11:01 AM
For profit taking my strategy is half half if i have 1000 $ i always do if i buy a token 50% of my investment or 500 $ for buy and 50% too for sell 500 $

Very interesting way, I think.
copper member
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
September 05, 2018, 09:08:27 AM
I have a tendency to preserve a varied method. i am a short term dealer as well as long term hodler. I studies substantially in low cap but capacity coins and make investment in them for long time. Such tokens are worst hit at some point of a sell off and are exceptional to build up in every sell off. i'm going short term with massive and mid cap cash. till the marketplace suggests and huge sign of recovery from the bear segment, i can maintain to play shorts with huge and mid cap.
Activity: 168
September 05, 2018, 09:06:38 AM
I rely on two main criteria - levels and math. When I rely on levels, I look at the levels that price may gain on different timeframes. As for math, I calculate 2R, 3R etc meaning my risk level is multiplied by 2 or more.
Activity: 756
Merit: 505
September 05, 2018, 08:58:34 AM
Now the market is moving towards stockpiling. more precisely in the long-term forward-looking profit. I buy ether, waves, neo, ripple, helbiz. These are the princes that I believe will rise in the future. If the market gets a little moving, what I'm saying is going to be black.
Activity: 756
Merit: 102
September 04, 2018, 09:57:30 AM
I prefer to hold because I think it is quite safe and I don’t have much time. Everyone has different rules or strategies for profit taking. My risk taking abilities are not good so I often end up liquidating my investments after a considerable increase in the price because if fear that the price might start falling. So its better to have something than losing, although many times the price doubled and even tripled.

were on the same boat mate because im also scared to do trade and risk what i already have . instead id rather stay on my comfort zone (which is hodling)  .  i guess that is the number one rule that i always follow .

in trading, perhaps the most important rule is that we have to know the right time to buy and sell, which is to buy at a low price then hold and sell when the price is high, then we will get profit

yes i agree .  that is also the most popular rule that everyone is following when it come to trading and investing . however in some rare cases , there are people who still buy even the value of the coin is not low and they ended up selling it for a low price due to panicking . so it result for huge looses .
Activity: 364
September 04, 2018, 09:33:40 AM
in trading, perhaps the most important rule is that we have to know the right time to buy and sell, which is to buy at a low price then hold and sell when the price is high, then we will get profit
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
September 04, 2018, 08:09:34 AM
I don't have clear and stable rules to make a profit. It depends on the situation and the market situation.
But most of me usually sell when I get 5-15% profit and cut loss if it loses more than 15%. This market is always profitable if you invest in time. So don't hesitate to cut losses when you lose more than 15%
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
September 04, 2018, 08:04:56 AM
I prefer to hold because I think it is quite safe and I don’t have much time. Everyone has different rules or strategies for profit taking. My risk taking abilities are not good so I often end up liquidating my investments after a considerable increase in the price because if fear that the price might start falling. So its better to have something than losing, although many times the price doubled and even tripled.
TGD
Activity: 1288
Merit: 620
Wen Rolex?
September 01, 2018, 11:37:38 PM
When do you withdraw funds? Do you sell into fiat or USDT? Im thinking something like this: After a 50% increase sell 20% into USDT, repeat. Reinvest in dips. When 100% increased sell 20% into fiat

I don't set rules for it but I rather set goals. Once I have invested something I'll make sure to sell it when the prices are high. Knowledge about the right time of selling and buying is always an edge and an advantage.

Even you may have to set rules but the thing is you dont have any disciplne for your self on there is no sense of t , setting some goals are really important too yet you may also have to learn by your self how are you able to be disciplnary person.
Activity: 588
Merit: 256
September 01, 2018, 11:16:53 PM
When do you withdraw funds? Do you sell into fiat or USDT? Im thinking something like this: After a 50% increase sell 20% into USDT, repeat. Reinvest in dips. When 100% increased sell 20% into fiat
there are no specific rules that I do to make a profit, usually if I want to withdraw funds, first look at the financial situation
depending on the situation of the financial condition that I have, if there really is a very urgent need usually first I can convert the coins I have into local currency available on the exchange market exchange to make it easier to withdraw the money that has been converted to the account that I have.
Activity: 484
Merit: 0
September 01, 2018, 09:15:13 PM
My rules are pretty straightforward. In Trading, there must not be signs of greediness. Once I notice my trades are on profit, I take away my profit and wait for the dip. This is something I do regularly and from time to time
Pages:
Jump to: