Pages:
Author

Topic: What are your rules for profit taking - page 8. (Read 1445 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 0
June 10, 2018, 06:12:57 PM
Good day, discipline, I practice myself to set an entry point and an exit point, also be a little less greedy. that way you will likely less lose a trade and easier to set a profit.
this is about the best way to make profit without much hassle
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
June 10, 2018, 06:00:38 PM
Some rules to make a profit through trading:
- Expand the View
Most traders are only fixated on one trading instrument only. It's not wrong if you do something like that, but it also means you will simply ignore opportunities in other currencies, or other stock indexes. In fact, there are so many trade subjects that you can transaksikan.
- Set Risks
As has been said, the risk is directly proportional to the odds. That's why you need to set how much your tolerance to the risks that may occur. Risk in trading is certainly a loss. If you do not limit the risk tolerance, it's the same to let all your capital (possibly) be consumed by the market. This risk restriction is also set in the trading plan.
- Immediately Withdraw the Benefits Provided
Most traders do not realize that profits should not be mixed with capital. If for example you start trading with a capital of $ 5,000 and you have managed to collect a profit of $ 1,000, then immediately pull that advantage. Let your account balance back to $ 5,000.
- Know the Time Out
The "exit" strategy is also important. The simplest is to close the position after the target profit is reached, or stop-loss taxable. It can also close positions as soon as your trading system requires it to be. The less aware is to immediately close the position after the loss reaches a certain percentage of the profit already earned.
Activity: 539
Merit: 100
My rules are very simple, I buy bitcoin, buy bitoin alto, I wait 100% for violas, I sell 50%, the rest I leave for storage in long.
Activity: 420
Merit: 103
I think that the answer to the main question, I will say briefly, is not to play with one leverage. And even better, play more in altcoins.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 251
Hexhash.xyz
I just join the market, i set a target of no more than 3% per trade, and i let it in there for a few hours, if it is closed, then i take the profit and i continue with another pair, otherwise, i just let it in peace.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 532
When do you withdraw funds? Do you sell into fiat or USDT? Im thinking something like this: After a 50% increase sell 20% into USDT, repeat. Reinvest in dips. When 100% increased sell 20% into fiat
This is the way every active traders will be doing, if the target they are aiming reach those valuation they could either convert them to USDT or Tether but i have my reservation on trusting the entire scope of tether because they are not transparent but that is how i deal if i am planning to reinvest my coins after a correction.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
If you invest in the short term of the day you should aim to profit and cut yourself loss, remember to fulfill the target set. For long term investment you should choose when the market drops, buy the altcoin has good potential. I am constantly doing this two ways of investing and I feel that it is extremely effective.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
When do you withdraw funds? Do you sell into fiat or USDT? Im thinking something like this: After a 50% increase sell 20% into USDT, repeat. Reinvest in dips. When 100% increased sell 20% into fiat

We have different approach in terms of selling so maybe you can't really get an answer that will fit your criteria. As for me, I really tend to hold no matter what's the trend is or massive shit happening around.

So when will I sell?

a) as soon as Im fine with the profit whatever it takes
b) as soon as I need cash

So basically no such thing as %%% here because most of the time, I do hold. Since I have gotten enough on my stash, I rarely do buybacks.

My suggestion: How about executing what's your on mind and see if that will give a good output to you. Really a must to test some methods in order to find a winning strategy.

P.S Only applies to bitcoin. I have different approach into altcoins and it will requires another discussion.

Maybe you should moved this thread to Trading Discussion.

Since we are talking about trading , you need to have a strict rules to make every session ended up profit steadily , don't set too high profit , just piece by piece but a sure profit.
Holding as long as possible without actively buy and sell aren't considered as trading for me. Control your desire to win big , it's always become your biggest nightmare.
Being greedy or not to contented with profits is one of the reasons should really be controlled when we are talking or doing trading because this motive will really make your actions into a rush state where you cant think off clearly because you are expecting too much that the price might shoot up even more.Always put up in your mind even on small percentage gains will be already a good thing.Dont ask for more if you do see or already gains.
Activity: 364
Merit: 107
April 26, 2018, 02:48:57 AM
For long term and day trade i always set a target. When it hit the target i will sell even though sometimes i think it will still go upwards. I always say to my self that a gain is a gain. I always follow my trading rules.

With convertion i just convert it to FIAT always then buy again when i think it is safe to buy.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008
April 26, 2018, 02:47:50 AM

We have different approach in terms of selling so maybe you can't really get an answer that will fit your criteria. As for me, I really tend to hold no matter what's the trend is or massive shit happening around.

So when will I sell?

a) as soon as Im fine with the profit whatever it takes
b) as soon as I need cash

So basically no such thing as %%% here because most of the time, I do hold. Since I have gotten enough on my stash, I rarely do buybacks.

My suggestion: How about executing what's your on mind and see if that will give a good output to you. Really a must to test some methods in order to find a winning strategy.

P.S Only applies to bitcoin. I have different approach into altcoins and it will requires another discussion.

Maybe you should moved this thread to Trading Discussion.

Since we are talking about trading , you need to have a strict rules to make every session ended up profit steadily , don't set too high profit , just piece by piece but a sure profit.
Holding as long as possible without actively buy and sell aren't considered as trading for me. Control your desire to win big , it's always become your biggest nightmare.
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
April 26, 2018, 02:44:52 AM
Your plan not too bad! But you must take time to identify when to buy at the right time. Bitcoin has been making a very high significant progress and this give little opportunities to take profits along the way if you can easily covert to dollars and buy again at the fibonicial level of downward trends. Therefore, you must be careful in the way you trade in other not to buy at the wrong time.
Activity: 659
Merit: 250
April 26, 2018, 02:28:53 AM
I withdraw my funds if there is an emergency that needed immediate money, aside from that nothing more. I don’t sell into fiat, because your capital will be totally stuck up. My idea is buy bitcoin and use this bitcoin to buy some potential alts so that when you sell your alts in 100% increased your profit will be cash out into bitcoin, hence your bitcoin hold increase. That is only my idea.
Rules are almost same for all the investors and by applying that rules an investor can take benefit and make profit easily. I am these days making a rule not to invest further because I have taken the advantage of the previous bears market and now going very well towards a good position. Investing at this time is also valid for me but as I have invested at low price so my all focus is on the market value to find it stable so that I can sell immediately in order to get huge returns of my investment.
I think there is no such rules to follow, a one thing that we should be also bear in mind in don't be greedy. Greedniess is the only emotion that stay out our mind to sell most of the time we are waiting and wanting for more. Selling in profit and not being greedy is the best rules.
Activity: 566
Merit: 102
April 26, 2018, 02:22:04 AM
I withdraw my funds if there is an emergency that needed immediate money, aside from that nothing more. I don’t sell into fiat, because your capital will be totally stuck up. My idea is buy bitcoin and use this bitcoin to buy some potential alts so that when you sell your alts in 100% increased your profit will be cash out into bitcoin, hence your bitcoin hold increase. That is only my idea.
Rules are almost same for all the investors and by applying that rules an investor can take benefit and make profit easily. I am these days making a rule not to invest further because I have taken the advantage of the previous bears market and now going very well towards a good position. Investing at this time is also valid for me but as I have invested at low price so my all focus is on the market value to find it stable so that I can sell immediately in order to get huge returns of my investment.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
April 24, 2018, 12:48:39 PM

if you are saying about bitcoin to usdt trading then i would suggest if you are good at trading then only try scalping with bitcoin because bitcoin gets massively volatile at times and you may not be able to buy back after selling.
For alts i prefer converting into bitcoin after a certain amount of profit from my trades usually 10-20% for short term and long term I take out my principal amount after my investment does 3x profit.
Activity: 167
Merit: 0
April 24, 2018, 12:03:35 PM
This is simple . But before you want to make a profit you have to learn to keep your greed. When you buy it at a low price and when it goes up you get profit then you should sell it. This is less profitable but it is safe.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011
April 24, 2018, 11:35:37 AM

whatever you do, do not trust USDT that much because its future and its price depends completely on one company that may exist today but disappear tomorrow and with it being tied to also bitfinex a simple exchange hack can turn into a disaster for this altcoin.

back to topic, what I do is that I consider bitcoin as my currency instead of fiat. this means I invest my bitcoin and I buy before the pumps and then sell on top of the peak of the pumps and that way I increase the amount of bitcoin that I have.
USDT is also one coin but the price is always stable at $1 that is why people use it to trade and hold there profit in USDT, but you are right don't put more hopes on USDT just for short time hold you can use but if you ask me i will say BTC is the best pair for trading and also it will increase your profit if you hold it for a long time.
Activity: 714
Merit: 261
April 24, 2018, 10:36:51 AM
Hm, I am not sure about putting my investment into USDT when I have received profits from other coins. I mean I know we can just keep the dollars to the original prices and thus can keep the profits without losing dime on it. But, think about this in broad sense, you can get the money cashed out in the fiat also and still can keep the investment in the same way as you would do in USDT but more or less more safer than that. USDT is anyway crypto one and it does fluctautes by cents and affect your store value. Fiat wont. Just re-invest when the time is good for your portfolio and let go for the good future.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
April 24, 2018, 09:39:06 AM

I think the principle of taking out money after a certain percent gain is a very good idea.  Unfortunately, i did not follow this principle before the last crash and i ended up down more than 50% from my peak.  If i were to hold i would have increased my ethereum stack by nearly 5x which would have left me in a much better position than i am now.
For profit taking means to sell out coins and getting profit is a process follows but some conditions and after that you will get the output. The basic rule of getting profit from an investment is to know about the market price. As long as the price is decreasing the hold your coins and try to buy even more and if the market price is increasing eventually then wait for the maximum high jump so that you will get good output at the end.
Whatever strategy you are comfortable to use might work, the principle of having your target goal and always take the advantage is better than
anything, as long as you think that you already achieving then continue though we are all aware that fluctuations really affect our target zone, better
to have more alternatives, keep buying when price is decreasing then sell when you are already satisfied and your target zone already been reached.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
April 24, 2018, 09:29:06 AM
It depends what trading pair i used to trade, i don't sell in usd i am in Btc with other alts. The factors or idea is the same after 20-50% increase i use to sell some portion of my holding depends in a coin if its for long term i will sell 50% only and try to buy back the half that i sold same as it goes 100% or more selling half amounts. For some coins that i didn't like i used to sell after i gain any profits and don't get back on it.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
April 24, 2018, 09:06:22 AM

whatever you do, do not trust USDT that much because its future and its price depends completely on one company that may exist today but disappear tomorrow and with it being tied to also bitfinex a simple exchange hack can turn into a disaster for this altcoin.

back to topic, what I do is that I consider bitcoin as my currency instead of fiat. this means I invest my bitcoin and I buy before the pumps and then sell on top of the peak of the pumps and that way I increase the amount of bitcoin that I have.
Pages:
Jump to: