Pages:
Author

Topic: What are your rules for profit taking - page 7. (Read 1445 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 250
August 06, 2018, 12:21:53 AM
I always hold back my profits from trading Crypptocurrency.
Because to get profit from trading Bitcoin it is very difficult for now.

Unless I have a sudden need, like I am sick and have to buy medicine to the doctor.
Activity: 2114
Merit: 182
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
June 22, 2018, 06:24:21 PM
When do you withdraw funds? Do you sell into fiat or USDT? Im thinking something like this: After a 50% increase sell 20% into USDT, repeat. Reinvest in dips. When 100% increased sell 20% into fiat

herein my country I can use bitcoin to convert it into fiat or can I withdraw it into fiat money using my local wallet authorized by the central herein my country where I'm located and sometimes I use my bitcoin to pay my bills using my online wallet

I sell my bitcoin if I need to use I'm not selling bitcoin waiting for my target increase interest if I need I sell it but most of the time I will hold my bitcoin as long as I cannot need it to use in my personal expenses.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
June 22, 2018, 06:14:38 PM
When do you withdraw funds? Do you sell into fiat or USDT? Im thinking something like this: After a 50% increase sell 20% into USDT, repeat. Reinvest in dips. When 100% increased sell 20% into fiat

I always exchange my cryptocurrency on the right time, if you want to earn more profit in the market then you need to endure the pressure just like what is happening right now and wait for the price to grow again.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
June 22, 2018, 06:11:41 PM
well i am never selling coins for less than 1% of profit for me, otherwise it would be just like a loss trade and it would not make any sense to trade
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
June 22, 2018, 05:40:10 PM
So Short whichever coin you're most familiar with, take half the profit and tether, then invest the other half in promising new coins.
I always wonder whether or not people fear holding Tether with the underlying thought of it becoming worthless if it doesn't turn out to be backed. It's actually a very important factor to take into consideration.

I wouldn't feel good selling my coins for something that might be totally worthless in reality. You can't even cash it out to fiat yourself without going through verification, which is another major downside of Tether.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 793
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
June 22, 2018, 04:20:53 PM
There is no any rules in profit taking because all incomes or profit taking are based on your own decision which is very democratic or freely way and not dependent to others.

The 75 percentage of profit will be coming up with the larks and a good time in cryptocurrency investment the 25% will be there intelligent and patient level made by you so but they're very important to take profit annual investment in crypto currency.
Activity: 2982
Merit: 790
June 22, 2018, 03:45:39 PM

If you no need of money,converting bitcoin or ETH into USD will not be a good option.My rules for profit taking is holding.Many traders use to cash out from bitcoin at any price.But actually it is not a good option.If you hold till the maximum price raise,you will get more profit from bitcoin investments.
Holding? It isnt considered to be profit taking because if we do mean about this one is on converting our coins into USD. You do really have the opt to hold on depending on people or traders preference if he would go for long term but there are people who do active trades. Certain percentage of income or profit is just enough on a short period of time we do have different rules some might wait for 100x- 1000s or more but on some 10-20% gains would be just enough but this one actually depend on your bankroll or capital.
Activity: 336
Merit: 11
June 22, 2018, 03:30:16 PM
I usually cash out 50% of my profit in any trade once I tether. Then I'll reinvest that interest into low volume, high potential coins that have the potential to multiple in value, and I just sit and wait on it.

So Short whichever coin you're most familiar with, take half the profit and tether, then invest the other half in promising new coins.
Thus, a continuous flow of investment is obtained. The received profit Again goes on investment, but some percentage should be left for personal needs.
Activity: 616
Merit: 263
June 22, 2018, 03:13:46 PM
I usually cash out 50% of my profit in any trade once I tether. Then I'll reinvest that interest into low volume, high potential coins that have the potential to multiple in value, and I just sit and wait on it.

Activity: 602
Merit: 255
June 22, 2018, 02:41:48 PM

If you no need of money,converting bitcoin or ETH into USD will not be a good option.My rules for profit taking is holding.Many traders use to cash out from bitcoin at any price.But actually it is not a good option.If you hold till the maximum price raise,you will get more profit from bitcoin investments.
Activity: 644
June 22, 2018, 02:17:08 PM
I tend to keep a diversified strategy. I am a short term trader as well as long term hodler. I research extensively in low cap but potential coins and make investment in them for long term. Such tokens are worst hit during a dump and are best to accumulate in every dump. I go short term with large and mid cap coins. Until the market shows and significant sign of recovery from the bear phase, I will continue to play shorts with large and mid cap.
Activity: 378
June 22, 2018, 02:03:42 PM
There is no any rules in profit taking because all incomes or profit taking are based on your own decision which is very democratic or freely way and not dependent to others.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
June 11, 2018, 05:05:22 AM
No one can predict exactly how much the market will go up, so you prefer to withdraw half of your funds every time you see a decline. This cycle continues and you keep pulling half to zero. I'd rather stick it out. The problem is if you hoard Bitcoin and then start selling a little regularly, you are sure that the price will drop much lower than what you bought as your initial deposit. I find it hard to time with our local exchange because of its spread. It's about $ three hundred.
Activity: 434
June 11, 2018, 02:55:58 AM
If the price of my altcoin suddenly jumped and double its price then I will quickly take my profit from it. And I will never encash all of it because I need to reinvest to repeat the process of profiting like investing 20%-30% of it.
Activity: 644
Merit: 261
June 10, 2018, 10:20:00 PM
My main rule in terms of profit taking is to never become greedy and always set your goals to withdraw. This might look simple but many people fail to follow this rule due to which they need to face loss in their investment. When your coin is rising everyone wants to earn more and wait for the coin rise but in this wait coin gets crashed or dumped in no time due to volatility of crypto currency. I believe if you really want to play with risk then you should take your initial investment out and invest he remaining amount.

Taking your initial investment would be a big help so that you can control your emotion. Knowing that what is left in the market is your profit is an assurance that wherever the market will go, you still have a profit and you will have a rational thinking of when you should decide to take it all. Having a trading plan or sell levels would help in deciding when is the right time to sell. As for me, I don't wait for big gains but instead, I aim for small gains and if that profit percentage is reach, I would move my stop loss above so that in case the price go south, I am assured that I have less losses or I still have small profit. I let my profits run but I am strict to when should I stop my losses especially in this very volatile market.
Activity: 1050
June 10, 2018, 09:55:50 PM
When the profit is over 50% I sell it, 25% in eth form for my capital to buy coins and 25% more for me to sell to USDT. But it depends on the situation of the coins that I am trading if the coin is growing rapidly well usually the profit that I get I sell to be in the asset to buy the coin and then I resell for profit. This situation depends on my needs if I do not need it, I just make it as my investment.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
June 10, 2018, 08:25:10 PM
Set profit limits in accordance with what the overall market is doing.  Yesterdays 20% gain could be todays 4% gain
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
June 10, 2018, 08:00:18 PM
my rule are:
1. Analyse the market.
2. Think like sharks and see the future.
3. Before doing something, think twice. Stay away from margin.
4. Finish all your work then wait.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 507
June 10, 2018, 07:45:19 PM
My main rule in terms of profit taking is to never become greedy and always set your goals to withdraw. This might look simple but many people fail to follow this rule due to which they need to face loss in their investment. When your coin is rising everyone wants to earn more and wait for the coin rise but in this wait coin gets crashed or dumped in no time due to volatility of crypto currency. I believe if you really want to play with risk then you should take your initial investment out and invest he remaining amount.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 523
June 10, 2018, 06:27:21 PM
It depends to what profit I get. If I think it is good to sell and I compute my capital and when I seel it if I see the profit is good I will sell it . But better to sell your altcoins if you get more than 50 percent and suggest don't sell all the coin the price increase because they have chance to increase more.
Pages:
Jump to: