Pages:
Author

Topic: What are your rules for profit taking - page 4. (Read 1445 times)

Activity: 363
Merit: 10
August 23, 2018, 08:31:09 AM
I only sell USDT, when I really need money then I sell fiat, I prefer to usdt to be ready to trade at any time.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 101
August 23, 2018, 06:30:45 AM
To begin with, all the capital should be divided into various investment instruments, trading will not go far if there is no discipline and enough time. It is better to allocate 10-15% of your deposit to this case and fix the profit in fiat when you reach 100%.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
August 23, 2018, 06:11:36 AM
If I invest and I have made profits, the simplest and the easiest thing I do is to withdraw the money in fiat money. With this, the funds are always constant and you can be sure you made profits. You might decide to keep your profits in cryptocurrency and when the price of bitcoin declines, you can't say that you have made good profits as the market is down now
Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
August 22, 2018, 11:18:06 PM
The main rule for profit taking - have a plan before enter trade. A major mistake from traders is taking small profits and letting losses run. Result from having no trade plan.
Too long holding back when prices go up is also not a good thing because maybe you will throw away the opportunity that comes, because it is very possible the price will turn and fall. so I think make the best use of it, when you are profitable then sell it, that's my strategy...
Activity: 162
Merit: 1
GPTCash Weekly Airdrop: https://discord.gg/YHngU9x
August 22, 2018, 09:03:42 PM
When do you withdraw funds? Do you sell into fiat or USDT? Im thinking something like this: After a 50% increase sell 20% into USDT, repeat. Reinvest in dips. When 100% increased sell 20% into fiat

It may be a good idea to have that scheme, as you take some profits of your earnings into fiat.  But in crypto, it’s quite hard to predict when will the price increase by 50% or 100%.  But to assist you in achieving the goal, always do research in which coins/token projects to invest.  In the end, investing in the right coin will make everything much better and fun to manage.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
August 22, 2018, 08:30:52 PM
Yes, of course for me, I currently hold in the long run on all of my coins. I do not sell but want to buy some big coins that I do not have. There are no rules in taking profits because all income or profit is based on our own decisions.
I agree.People may have set rules to take profit but the truth is it all depends on your own decision making.I personally do a long term holding for only those potential coins because it gives me assurance of a sure profit even if it takes years to realized.But there are really times wherein i badly needed my money so i just sell a fraction of it enough for my expenses.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 2259
August 22, 2018, 07:49:09 PM
When do you withdraw funds? Do you sell into fiat or USDT? Im thinking something like this: After a 50% increase sell 20% into USDT, repeat. Reinvest in dips. When 100% increased sell 20% into fiat

I hodl first my fund then when the price is good I withdraw it when I only need but if I do not need the money then I do not withdraw it first I hodl it for the good price of the token but when I withdraw it I do not withdraw all of the token I hold some of it.
Ah! It’s not good to be driven by the need based profit theme. There may be many chances where the profit level may be higher when you don’t need any money and then when you need to withdraw your profit might have been less than 20-30% or maybe more, who knows.
It is a brilliant idea to not to withdraw all your funds at the same time and withdraw it in packages. This reduces the chances if the price goes high meanwhile you will be having funds to withdraw and gain more profit on it.

The HODL tactics is profitable when the crypto currency you bought is currently growing. In most of the cases I sell all my coins or tokens if I am aware of the future negative trend of a crypto currency I trade. It is quite difficult to "reinvest in dips" because no one knows where the bottom of the price falling will be. The primary rule is a patience and a waiting for a good chance to buy or sell a promising crypto currency.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 294
www.licx.io
August 22, 2018, 12:35:56 PM
I just applied to be able to be unaffected by market conditions when prices fell because when I was affected and could not control my patience then I would only get a loss so the most important thing is to control the patience you have.
Activity: 322
Merit: 12
August 22, 2018, 12:22:26 PM
Yes, of course for me, I currently hold in the long run on all of my coins. I do not sell but want to buy some big coins that I do not have. There are no rules in taking profits because all income or profit is based on our own decisions.
Activity: 266
August 22, 2018, 01:59:05 AM
Hold my coins, Buy at dip price  be patient, don't panic  even the market is going down and always set my target price that's my rules to earn a lot of profit
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
August 19, 2018, 03:32:54 PM
The main rule for profit taking - have a plan before enter trade. A major mistake from traders is taking small profits and letting losses run. Result from having no trade plan.
Activity: 588
Merit: 254
August 19, 2018, 02:45:44 PM

I hodl first my fund then when the price is good I withdraw it when I only need but if I do not need the money then I do not withdraw it first I hodl it for the good price of the token but when I withdraw it I do not withdraw all of the token I hold some of it.
Ah! It’s not good to be driven by the need based profit theme. There may be many chances where the profit level may be higher when you don’t need any money and then when you need to withdraw your profit might have been less than 20-30% or maybe more, who knows.
It is a brilliant idea to not to withdraw all your funds at the same time and withdraw it in packages. This reduces the chances if the price goes high meanwhile you will be having funds to withdraw and gain more profit on it.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
August 19, 2018, 11:27:12 AM
Be quick, be really quick. If you are looking for x100 profit for your investment, you are going to be incredibly sad. Will that never happen? No it sometimes happens. Will it happen to you again ? Probably not. Just take your profit and leave. Get in and get out quickly, like 5% or so is good rule of thumb. Just put your sell order on 5% profit and wait it out.

When you sell it, than wait for it to drop back and do it again. Do not wait for a coin to skyrocket and get pumped 700% before you sell, that sometimes happens but most likely won't happen. It is about small incremental profits rather than big huge gains over time.
Activity: 126
August 19, 2018, 09:37:41 AM
Be patient and do not rush to sell coins when the market drops, wait for the chance when the market rises.
Activity: 70
August 19, 2018, 09:37:29 AM
For me, setting a percentage for keeps and re-investment is wise. It's increasing you assets at the same time saving for urgent needs. In this way, incase of emergency, you'll be saved by the percentage of what you keep, saving you without compensating your investments.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
August 19, 2018, 09:26:22 AM
We here in the world of crypto currency in order to have an income either it will be huge amount or not but somehow most of us here we want a great amount of profit as we believe it's definitely possible. On my part, I will set aside some of my profit from my traded tokens since there is still have chance to increase those potential coins I have in the future. Well, some of it become dying but I don't take it seriously as there a lot of coins I have in the future came from my bounty campaigns. Cheesy
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
August 19, 2018, 08:58:16 AM

Activity: 25
August 19, 2018, 08:18:48 AM
I try to work within elliot wave structure and sell on the fifth wave, reinvesting on the second corrective wave
Activity: 1106
Merit: 11
Crypto in my Blood
August 19, 2018, 08:04:36 AM
To take the profit I follow the simple rule, Buy from the bottom and sell to high. That's mean bear market is the opportunity to buy and hold for a bull market. Mainly I am feeling good to invest in ICOs and when hit the market I expect 3x to sell the token to get back my the initial invest and after that, I wait for some big. This is my simple rules
Activity: 588
Merit: 128
August 19, 2018, 06:37:10 AM

Your strategy is good and I think that can be sustainable in the this state and considering USDT is good in buying dips so just continue what you're doing.

Though what I usually did is when I didn't need the fiat even I profited 100% I'll still go with USDT as it's more easy to buy using this so I can maximize my earnings.
Pages:
Jump to: