Pages:
Author

Topic: What are your rules for profit taking - page 5. (Read 1445 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 14
August 19, 2018, 04:05:14 AM
your method is best for full time traders. I use to trade in BTC or ETH because most of the time I am using altcoins. For profit I use to set a specific target for every altcoin, depending upon the investment. For conversion I use localbitcoins
Activity: 643
Merit: 264
August 18, 2018, 02:54:01 PM
If the reasons for why you entered the trade are no longer present, or if the technicals (or fundamentals) have changed significantly from the time of your entry so that you have no reason to be in the trade, then exit the trade
Activity: 220
Merit: 2
August 18, 2018, 02:24:23 PM
I step out in increments and never try to time the top no matter how tempting it may be.  USually if I double up I take my initial investment out.  After that I let it ride for another double as I have nothing to loose.  I tend to over hold once I have my initial investment out. 
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
August 18, 2018, 04:58:43 AM
There are people with different approaches and you can do what suits you the best.
Activity: 28
August 16, 2018, 04:45:51 PM
I like to withdraw some amount at least half of the funds when there is a fall as it helps.
Activity: 76
August 16, 2018, 04:12:29 PM
Everyone has a different take on this and it is always better to know what you are doing.
August 14, 2018, 05:57:12 AM
It is not possible to predict the market and the rise and fall of the market.
Activity: 27
August 14, 2018, 05:51:46 AM
It is necessary to look at the situation - how critical is the need for fiat money. If very then I change the crypt to Fiat, if the situation can wait - I search for good coins, you can even see new ones. New coins very often have the potential for growth (not all of course) the project and the future will be a coin, now I'm working with the BOOSTO project - I think there will be xxx.
If you are involve in crypto trading and you want to make some profit from there, then no doubt that you have to do research for the best place and coin to invest your money there. Without having good study and satisfaction investing your money in crypto is to take a big risk.
Activity: 154
August 13, 2018, 04:06:21 AM
Everyone has his or her way of taking profit. Some take profits and keep the funds on bitcoin, while some take profit and keep their profits in fiat. I take profit and keep it in usdt. I usually sell half of my portfolio if the token am holding does an x2
August 13, 2018, 03:59:01 AM
I think holding is the best option and it really helps in making some profit.
Activity: 324
Merit: 10
August 10, 2018, 05:40:29 AM
I don't have any rules for profit taking, I mean that I follow standard rules as the most traders in the crypto world and think that it is better to stick to the plan that someone else has already checked
Activity: 62
August 10, 2018, 05:36:14 AM
When do you withdraw funds? Do you sell into fiat or USDT? Im thinking something like this: After a 50% increase sell 20% into USDT, repeat. Reinvest in dips. When 100% increased sell 20% into fiat

I always apply the rule sell high and buy low so I prefer buying during the dip. I believe that our profit depends on how we handle every situation and it is based on buying and selling at the right time. Whenever I gain a good profit, I reinvest the half of it in a good and potential coin or in bitcoin and ethereum to have a good gain out of it again.
It is like basic rule that if you buy low and sell high, believe me this would be getting so amazing for you. the results after this implementation would make you astonished and totally wondered that how greatly someone can improve. The only way to get profit is buy low and sell high rule. You must keep your mind high and under controlled whenever prices are down.
Activity: 532
Merit: 102
August 09, 2018, 01:54:49 AM
It is necessary to look at the situation - how critical is the need for fiat money. If very then I change the crypt to Fiat, if the situation can wait - I search for good coins, you can even see new ones. New coins very often have the potential for growth (not all of course) the project and the future will be a coin, now I'm working with the BOOSTO project - I think there will be xxx.
Activity: 68
August 09, 2018, 01:20:48 AM
How I go about is make a goal. So when I reach that goal in the amount I would get profit, I will sell and put that money into use/save.
I will not take everything though. The price may go up even higher so just in case I keep some.
It's always good to hold. It seems like every year the price keeps going up so for bitcoin specifically, I would hold.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
August 09, 2018, 01:11:41 AM
My rule is to take the profit whenever my profit target has been reached.
And the specific target depends on the market situation  and  on the specific coin.
Agree is a very good strategy. actually I'm not too greedy in taking profit. try to make a plan for the price target you must achieve.
but also adjust the price target with market conditions. so that the target will not be difficult to reach. nice rules dude!
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
August 08, 2018, 05:30:10 PM
My rule is to take the profit whenever my profit target has been reached.
And the specific target depends on the market situation  and  on the specific coin.
Activity: 377
Merit: 252
August 08, 2018, 04:32:42 PM
The old rule in  this matter of 'buy low sell high' applies and one can't deviate from it if they want to make profit. But also knowing when the market is about to go down or up is used but gathered by knowledge. And of course, don't invest what you can't afford.
Activity: 770
Merit: 126
August 08, 2018, 02:51:14 PM
When do you withdraw funds? Do you sell into fiat or USDT? Im thinking something like this: After a 50% increase sell 20% into USDT, repeat. Reinvest in dips. When 100% increased sell 20% into fiat
Well, since everyone here has different reason for investment so also we all have different take profit position. Personally, I withdraw any time I make up to 10 to 15 percent profit from my investment but on a rear occasion, I use to withdraw up to 50 percent of my investment in crypto currency even if the increase in the profit if not up to the said 50 percent.
Activity: 307
Merit: 100
August 08, 2018, 02:45:40 PM
The idea that you have given is reasonable. There is enough money when trading logic is worthwhile. There is no reason behind the lack of urgency. At that time money is not worth the price. Percentage is not a sight to see. But there is a need to keep things together without doing anything at all.
Activity: 742
Merit: 397
August 08, 2018, 02:26:33 PM

I always apply the rule sell high and buy low so I prefer buying during the dip. I believe that our profit depends on how we handle every situation and it is based on buying and selling at the right time. Whenever I gain a good profit, I reinvest the half of it in a good and potential coin or in bitcoin and ethereum to have a good gain out of it again.
Pages:
Jump to: