Pages:
Author

Topic: What can I use Bitcoin miners for other than mining? - page 2. (Read 21370 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I keep seeing people state that heating with miners is bad for your health, but with no proof presented. Proof or BS.

Its BS, the chemical that these idiots were talking about is the fire retardant coating. It is toxic IF the board is on fire, within 10 seconds the fire should be self-extinguished. The smoke is toxic gas.

Some dumb ass confused this with the "smell" by from the warm exhaust fan. The smell is most likely from cooling oil residue from manufactured metal parts in the miner.

Their argument about high temp is laughable. They said its safe from normal computer because its not as hot as bitcoin miners. Dumbest shit i've heard. Pick an IR camera and look into your computer retards.

My source: Work in datacentre industry, EE degree.

Well to be fair, it is generally bad for your health when things catch fire in your home, but this is regardless of any chemicals inside what has caught fire. 
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
I keep seeing people state that heating with miners is bad for your health, but with no proof presented. Proof or BS.

Its BS, the chemical that these idiots were talking about is the fire retardant coating. It is toxic IF the board is on fire, within 10 seconds the fire should be self-extinguished. The smoke is toxic gas.

Some dumb ass confused this with the "smell" by from the warm exhaust fan. The smell is most likely from cooling oil residue from manufactured metal parts in the miner.

Their argument about high temp is laughable. They said its safe from normal computer because its not as hot as bitcoin miners. Dumbest shit i've heard. Pick an IR camera and look into your computer retards.

My source: Work in datacentre industry, EE degree.
Activity: 784
Merit: 504
I believe we can cook egg and food if we put it directly on the heat sink..

Egg cooking is not possible, but you can practically heat water for drinking or bathing.
Keep water in a metal container and place over the heatsink or hot air outlet.
Make sure you keep water in an airtight container.
Activity: 202
Merit: 100
I believe we can cook egg and food if we put it directly on the heat sink..
Well,

Anyone wanna give this a go??

ebay/itm/BIONICS-INSTRUMENT-TG-3000BA-TOXIC-GAS-DETECTOR-/181537717176?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a447dbbb8

Need to know how reliable this product is.
Better buy a conventional good quality heater than using these expensive hobby miners.
Activity: 353
Well,

Anyone wanna give this a go??

ebay/itm/BIONICS-INSTRUMENT-TG-3000BA-TOXIC-GAS-DETECTOR-/181537717176?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a447dbbb8
I was worried and purcahse a Electromagnetic Radiation Detector and this are my photo result. Next would be Toxic testing...

Send me a like ...

Donation greatly appreciated Cheesy
1NVfLo58NvTtgkhLw5Y9qayUQxR4BwTHvv

click on each image to see image. As you can see i stack 2 antminer s2 and the reading was o.oo but there was a high reading on the power plug.

Nice, good job. So we are fine from Electromagnetic Radiation while using miners? I am glad to hear this.

Those who suspected and tested for electromagnetic radiation from these mining hardwares are utter FOOLs.
But toxicity test, if can be done properly and effectively will help.
Still it's not good to think these low-quality devices as space heaters.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
I was worried and purcahse a Electromagnetic Radiation Detector and this are my photo result. Next would be Toxic testing...

Send me a like ...

click on each image to see image. As you can see i stack 2 antminer s2 and the reading was o.oo but there was a high reading on the power plug.

Nice, good job. So we are fine from Electromagnetic Radiation while using miners? I am glad to hear this.

Send me a like ...

Activity: 236
Merit: 100
Guys,

Maybe i have a stuff nose but i really dont smell weird stench from my S2. Cheesy now what on earth am I going to use the EMF reader for when it gets here then ... Smiley Ghost Hunting!!!!

Are you sure? My mining farm smells like burning metal....

Whats special with this coin to get more profit?
Or, as usual you are asking to "contribute to network"?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
Activity: 711
Merit: 500
Activity: 1568
Merit: 507
i used to use my old antminer s1 as a spaceheater, save money lol Grin
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
I've heard of some miner programs developed in China which can serve this purpose, not sure if they works or not.
Guys,

Maybe i have a stuff nose but i really dont smell weird stench from my S2. Cheesy now what on earth am I going to use the EMF reader for when it gets here then ... Smiley Ghost Hunting!!!!

POM
Activity: 547
Merit: 254
I just fired up my good ol BFL jalapeno for the first time in 3 months to keep my foot warm while i'm browsing  Tongue a whopping 5.5Gh/s!!!!
I am currently running few S2 Antminer and taking it apart and seeing what is inside indeed make me wonder is it really toxic. I had purchase a meter from ebay to test the radioactive reading. Each S2 cards resembles a graphic card and nothing more. I wonder how toxic can it be. BTW i believe 80% of electronics from the world are from China so lets not stereotype.

Thanks

I don't think its radioactive, but the air that come out from S2 antminer should have metal smell which isn't really good for human body..

It's not about the radiation it emits since no ionising radiation is emitted by these devices.
The health hazard occurs from the chemicals released with extreme hot air.
This is not like computers running normally.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I am currently running few S2 Antminer and taking it apart and seeing what is inside indeed make me wonder is it really toxic. I had purchase a meter from ebay to test the radioactive reading. Each S2 cards resembles a graphic card and nothing more. I wonder how toxic can it be. BTW i believe 80% of electronics from the world are from China so lets not stereotype.

Thanks

I don't think its radioactive, but the air that come out from S2 antminer should have metal smell which isn't really good for human body..
Pages:
Jump to: