Pages:
Author

Topic: What can I use Bitcoin miners for other than mining? - page 7. (Read 21373 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
you can always recycle it for parts, gold and other metals from them
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
My ASIC manufacturer has been using its obsolete miners as incendiary bombs and mailing them to its customers.

"there was a loud bang sound, and then i could see one of the X3's was on fire"
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
Just submerge them in mineral oil, pump and heat exchanger to the water heater and you are done.  Not only are you done but you've extended the payback of your miner because now it heats your water (which you are paying for anyway)  and mines coin.

Like... drop the whole miner in mineral oil?  LOL WHAT?   Or set a cooling system to use mineral oil within the tubes to the chips and out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OpjknGXZAE

That looks like a GPU setup.

It is but the hardware is irrelevant the point is immersion cooling is not LOL WHAT...  If you can stick a couple of GPUs in it you can jam a couple of PCBs with SHA256 ASICs on them in it.

Mineral oil is just one option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pNSUKp8ov4
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/novec-7000-project-immersive-evaporating-cooling-255613
Activity: 394
Merit: 250
Just submerge them in mineral oil, pump and heat exchanger to the water heater and you are done.  Not only are you done but you've extended the payback of your miner because now it heats your water (which you are paying for anyway)  and mines coin.

Like... drop the whole miner in mineral oil?  LOL WHAT?   Or set a cooling system to use mineral oil within the tubes to the chips and out?

It is, but the video is 2 years ago so he is making a lot of money..
Activity: 420

Activity: 146
Merit: 100
I'm going to open a chain of laundromats

The key is you can charge less for drying the clothes, and only need the tumblers for the dryers, so can save money, and upkeep and maintenance on the dryers will be minimal.

Also, the water line for the hot water heater, will be fed through the "heat" chamber with the exhausted air from the miners, heating the copper tubing water pipe up probably 20 degrees, saving more money!!!

It's science.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

Activity: 301
Room Heater? If u live in cold country Wink
Just submerge them in mineral oil, pump and heat exchanger to the water heater and you are done.  Not only are you done but you've extended the payback of your miner because now it heats your water (which you are paying for anyway)  and mines coin.

Like... drop the whole miner in mineral oil?  LOL WHAT?   Or set a cooling system to use mineral oil within the tubes to the chips and out?

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
Any other cool funky ways to use it? I'm sure we have a clever community here which will know some funky ways to use them .

You can use your miner to warm your room  Grin . I think is a best solution for the winter.
Activity: 616
Merit: 503
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I used it as a heater last winter. Wink Wink and felt good

ASIC release metal smell which is bad for health..
As someone said before, you just have to open your windows once in a while.

ASIC release metal smell which is bad for health..
Activity: 27
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000
I think as long as the bath is set up in a modular way (components can be dropped in and out in the same slot spaces ((standardization! aw yissss!)) when upgrades are needed), we could get it done.

www.3xergy.com -------> for review!

This dance happens countless times a day….and that’s still only running 10% of brain capacity. What if you could take that remaining 90% and send it out over a Grid for someone else to use?

--> yeah , thats esoteric BS. Better keep away from that to prevent bad experience and loss of time.
Activity: 25
I think as long as the bath is set up in a modular way (components can be dropped in and out in the same slot spaces ((standardization! aw yissss!)) when upgrades are needed), we could get it done.

www.3xergy.com -------> for review!
legendary
Activity: 1008
Anybody try using it to heat your water heater?

Lol how would you do that?  have it exhaust out on the water tank?

Something like a watercooling system

I think that would be a challenge as you need to put cooling heatsinks/tubing on the asic chips -> water heater.

Just submerge them in mineral oil, pump and heat exchanger to the water heater and you are done.  Not only are you done but you've extended the payback of your miner because now it heats your water (which you are paying for anyway)  and mines coin.

That is a good idea, but it sounds really difficult and would cost a lot for renovation..
Activity: 16
Anybody try using it to heat your water heater?

Lol how would you do that?  have it exhaust out on the water tank?

Something like a watercooling system

I think that would be a challenge as you need to put cooling heatsinks/tubing on the asic chips -> water heater.

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
Heat a tropical fishtank by installing water cooling blocks on the ASIC and use the fish tank as the reservoir.

That would be really risky unless you install another temperature controller so the fish tank don't get too hot..
Activity: 810
Heat a tropical fishtank by installing water cooling blocks on the ASIC and use the fish tank as the reservoir.
Activity: 810
I use my obsolete miners as dust collectors. I live in the desert so they'll soon be virtually invisible. Maybe thousands of years from now some archaeologist will uncover them and wonder what the hell they were for.

If they are sitting around as dust collectors, would you consider 'donating' them to a renewable energy based mining system? I put my initial 1st round of BTC profits into a 1.5kW solar array, based in central Victoria - Australia. I now use the array to churn the blockchain with old gear...
Pages:
Jump to: