Pages:
Author

Topic: What can I use Bitcoin miners for other than mining? - page 9. (Read 21373 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
To simulate sound of vacuum cleaner of 60s 70s.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
I use my obsolete miners as dust collectors. I live in the desert so they'll soon be virtually invisible. Maybe thousands of years from now some archaeologist will uncover them and wonder what the hell they were for.

You should keep them for your grandchildren's children those miners will be real collectable pieces whether bitcoin will be still alive or not.

That won't work for me. I refuse to procreate.   Grin
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I use my obsolete miners as dust collectors. I live in the desert so they'll soon be virtually invisible. Maybe thousands of years from now some archaeologist will uncover them and wonder what the hell they were for.

You should keep them for your grandchildren's children those miners will be real collectable pieces whether bitcoin will be still alive or not.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
show off to chichs with your miners, they will get horny.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
should i solo mine some heat
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Collect 100 BFL 40-50-60 GH/s miners (I think they are all same size.)

Take the ASIC boards out to lighten the box weight down and make the fans work alone without the ASIC boards.

Assamble the boxes to each other to make a board all boxes blowing down...

Put a electric generator on top and a chair.

Making a hoowercraft.

Tongue

Most probably it's not going to work. Box is still heavy without the ASIC boards.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Air Circulation
Activity: 392
Heat the room and dry the cloths
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
My ASIC manufacturer claims they have military encryption applications for their chips. Thieving bastards also claimed they would ship me a miner 6 months ago. They're definitely crooks and liars but it possible there's some truth to this.

rly? Military Encryption applications, you bought that??  That's more embarrassing than pre-ordering a monarch.

LOL you're very close..... the only company made such claim is infact BFL.

I ordered from Black Arrow, what a bunch of crooks they're worse than BFL.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
My ASIC manufacturer claims they have military encryption applications for their chips. Thieving bastards also claimed they would ship me a miner 6 months ago. They're definitely crooks and liars but it possible there's some truth to this.

rly? Military Encryption applications, you bought that??  That's more embarrassing than pre-ordering a monarch.

LOL you're very close..... the only company made such claim is infact BFL.

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
You can warm the room in the winter  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
It truly is quite sad that there can be no other function used for these devices.   Just imagine all the crap that will be in the garbage.  Wonder how much copper/etc are in these for recycling?  Maybe open up a bitcoin ASIC recycling company? LULz.

Look at it as an appliance. A toaster toasts and a bitcoin miner mines.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1024
Mine at Jonny's Pool
It truly is quite sad that there can be no other function used for these devices.   Just imagine all the crap that will be in the garbage.  Wonder how much copper/etc are in these for recycling?  Maybe open up a bitcoin ASIC recycling company? LULz.

Kind of happens when you're dealing with Application Specific Integrated Circuit... they're sort of purpose built for execution of exactly one thing.

That's probably why you're getting a bunch of comical answers on what to do with them other than mine SHA-256 coins.
Activity: 420
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
It's too bad that the FPGA miner era went by so fast. You could reprogram the FPGA devices to do something else. ASICs have one job, and that's all they can do.
Even this was not really true of FPGAs. Most people here had basically no use for their FPGAs when they stopped mining with them. Yes they can be reprogrammed to do other things, but no miner here ever really came up with a good use for them and the main reason was they kept thinking there would be another use for them that would earn them money.
Activity: 504
sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad
There's a guy who has to dry wood from his kiln in the US, and he uses bitcoin miners in another room with the hot air vented in. Pretty cool, if you ask me.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
Food defroster

De-humidifier (although YOU DONT want them to do this)

noise machine (sounds like a server room drowns out silence)
Activity: 526
If you waited like 60 years you could probably take your asicminer tube onto the antiques roadshow.   They'll tell you how much bitcoin it'll fetch at auction.
Pages:
Jump to: