Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you do when your coin spikes? - page 11. (Read 3329 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 250
September 14, 2018, 05:24:25 AM
I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?

depending on the conditions and situation. at least I will first study the same altcoins that I have and hold in a period of time. this will determine every speculative action I will take. especially at the current level of chaos. there are many choices and maybe a short trade will provide the best solution rather than just waiting for the miracle of growth.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
September 14, 2018, 05:14:10 AM
I check buy or sell orders and volume then I decide whether to sell or not If I see more buyers than sellers I hold on my coins if sellers are more than buyers I sell off instantly when a coin spikes. But some coins are long-term coins that I love to hold on the other hand every coin is not good to buy again if the coin has good potential to rise back then there is no issue to buy again. Otherwise I use to buy back only well established coins in the market.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
dApps Development Automation Platform
September 14, 2018, 03:49:43 AM
I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?

If my coins raise to 30%, I will sell it immediately because I am sure that it will decrease back after that. Why we don't take advantage of this opportunity to increase the amount of coins that we are holding
Activity: 68
September 14, 2018, 01:22:06 AM
More likely I would sell it, and buy back again when the price drops again or buy another altcoin with lower price and wait for it to increase. Holding your coins is the safest way to gain profit but it takes a long time.
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
September 14, 2018, 12:56:16 AM
Sell the coins, because after a spike you can be sure that the next thing is going to be a dip, so sell at the high price when the coin spikes, wait a little bit for the coin to fall back down then you can buy back in again. That is what I do, even though there are price targets I set for my coins but I know there are times when you gotta take a little detour in the plan
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
September 12, 2018, 12:41:05 PM
When the coins in the market already rising up it is great because we can obtained a huge income from thos wherein lots of peope will benefit and will become successful.
Activity: 85
September 11, 2018, 05:22:00 AM
Such a better than average new when you coin shoots, When it does I offer part of it, I disdain dumping all coins without holding an entirety on me. In any case, I think in case you needn't waste time with money for anything at that moment, you will continue holding. Better still you can offer and go purchase diverse altcoins you trust in.
Activity: 826
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 11, 2018, 01:12:15 AM

Hmmm, I think it depends on which exactly coin you speak about. But most likely my reaction would be to sell it. And maybe even then I will not buy it again.

I will invest the coins that I have. because investment is very capable of carrying coins so increase and generate more value is valuable and considerable benefit in the future. so the very investment recommendations to enhance development.
Activity: 244
Official Street Team member
September 11, 2018, 01:10:06 AM
As I'm a holder, I only wait for new ATH or close one. Altough I have missed a lot of chances of getting more profit. But I'm satisfied with what I gain.
Activity: 184
September 11, 2018, 01:08:09 AM
It is all rely upon our prerequisite. In the event that my holding coins bounces 30%, at that point from add up to amount, I will offer portion of them and reclaim my speculation with some benefit since I hold them for my future objectives. In any case, in the event that they accomplish my objective cost and from them I satisfy my fantasies objectives, at that point I offer every one of them. Furthermore, in the event that they again down, at that point certainly I will again purchase back these coins from of my half benefit and hold them till they will bob back.
Activity: 192
September 11, 2018, 01:01:42 AM
I used to be a 100% holder.  This time however if one of my coins has a super spike and Bitcoin does not budge I 'm going to switch over if I think the market is going to turn over again.  Holding does not seem to pay off during long bears.  I think I'm going to trade the cycles a bit more and possibly utilize Tether. 
Activity: 341
Merit: 4
September 11, 2018, 12:54:44 AM
I will sell them immediately. Because this market is a pump and dump market. So we should take advantage of the pumping moments to make a profit for us. So you should not hesitate to sell them quickly, you will have a huge profit.

yes, this is what I will do. that is our time to sell it fast because we need to make a profit again. right now, we almost see the price will go up again and I think it will no need to take any longer and if the coin can increase at least 10% from the price before and I see that I can make a profit, I will sell by instant. I don't want to get stuck in the price again and all I want to get is only makes the profit again.
Activity: 226
September 08, 2018, 05:27:02 PM
I'm not a greedy person and so if the price of coins has significantly increased, then I sell the coins and wait for the price to fall again.
Yes, if we encountered bull run market I rather not to greedy selling my coin and my strategy is to hold for a couple of months or year until it will explodes again in higher prices, for now I rather to buy more cheaper coins.
Activity: 532
September 09, 2018, 09:53:30 PM
I will sell them immediately. Because this market is a pump and dump market. So we should take advantage of the pumping moments to make a profit for us. So you should not hesitate to sell them quickly, you will have a huge profit.
Activity: 35
September 09, 2018, 09:51:55 PM
I will check the cause of this mutation and prepare the Blowdown method. By the rise of this price cannot be forever, at one time the price continuously decreases
Activity: 196
September 09, 2018, 01:37:41 PM
I do not sell coins that grow from time to time, because it is difficult for me to control each of them. I always wait for a long-term profit, holding coins.
I think so too.  If you have invested in a promising coin and hold this coin for a long term, then do not sell coins when the price has increased by only 30-40%.
Activity: 30
September 07, 2018, 11:36:10 AM
Sure I'll calculate and sell out to get profit. By this is the joyous of those investments. If prices continue to rise drastically, I'll wait for more and sell when the highest price
Activity: 427
September 07, 2018, 11:12:53 AM

Hmmm, I think it depends on which exactly coin you speak about. But most likely my reaction would be to sell it. And maybe even then I will not buy it again.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
September 07, 2018, 11:07:52 AM
I will sell them when it up top. Then I will buy back the coins at a low level. This is a not simple. You must regularly monitor the prices of the coins, and choose the appropriate time to sell them.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
September 07, 2018, 10:26:31 AM
I have been in this situation and I have decided to hold. I have no regrets for not selling when the market was up. I am still holding
Pages:
Jump to: