Pages:
Author

Topic: What Do You Look for in a New Project? - page 13. (Read 2028 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0
April 17, 2018, 11:18:23 PM
There are many projects, but I am most interested Shivom project !
The Lisk project looks good. I read the Lisk project whitepaper multiple time  and I liked the idea.
Wish you good luck for the project and Developers.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
April 17, 2018, 11:16:04 PM
Well for me I look out for the team, are they really good? what previous experience do they have in the project they want to do? I will check if they have prototype, I can't give you my money with only ideas on the white paper, we all have an idea, so show me something first, mvp is accepted. I also check their road map and their token metrics, very important.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
homt.net
April 17, 2018, 11:14:11 PM
Title says it all. If you're looking to invest in an ICO or pre-ICO blockchain project, what's 1-2 attributes that are most important to you? Market size/potential? Management team? Technology that is distinctive? Strong white paper? Social media following? Other...

Aaaaaaaand go!

The technology involves is one of the main features I look for in any good project however this should be backed with a strong and powerful team that can handle the project to a successful completion with the help of powerful social media campaigns.  The governance structure of the project is also very important however I prefer a decentralized  governance vertical with a disruptive tendency.
Activity: 123
April 17, 2018, 11:13:31 PM
Yes, you mentioned the market size/potential, the management team, the unique technology is very important, it also includes the transparent use of funds and the team members. If a team meets the above conditions, then I can give a rating for such projects (A )
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
April 17, 2018, 11:07:45 PM
For me I am always basing on its bounty manager and how they active they are on their telegram...
This is key to me too. I have come to realize that highly respected campaign managers here don't just choose campaigns for the sake of it. They peruse them and pick the ones that won't turn scams. OP should take his time and look carefully here, he will discover these managers.

I think you have to check through their website and figure out the goal and visions of the project
then you look into their whitepaper to ascertain their claims
after which you check through their roadmap and figure out their limits and shortcomings.
Tosin, if you go by those criteria you will sooner get scammed. Did you not read the story of Vionex and how they erased all traces to them and shutdown their website? It was a dramatic turn of event that shock the crypto community. I was lucky I didn't buy in during the ICO because I wanted them to be listed first before buying in

In all that and besides gauging a good ICO through my first points stated above, I also consider the use-case of the coin and marketing strategy. Team selection is secondary to me.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069
April 17, 2018, 11:05:22 PM
All I look for is applicable use of the product or service offered by the company.
The experience the team have on the subject and visible works the team had done before the launch of the ICO.
At least you have to do some work before asking for funding.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 521
7enius - Your Cryptocurrency Marketing Consultant
April 17, 2018, 11:04:48 PM
1. I will see price and also bonus, I will not invest in ICO whose price is already high enough, this is because more high risk to go down.
2. Bounty managers strongly influence the sales of ICO and will make sales successful.
3. Read the whitepaper, but this is not too often I do.
Activity: 224
April 17, 2018, 11:02:19 PM
For me I am always basing on its bounty manager and how they active they are on their telegram aside from that I dont it is more important that you read their site especially their white paper.
But in this case you spend your time. What different between money and time,?
April 17, 2018, 10:59:55 PM
I'm looking for a solution to a popular problem in a new project and so many people should know about the startup. because if the idea is not needed by people then nobody will buy it.
Yes this is true. But project could solve a problem for some industry or field.
I mean don't look to the product which can be used for people only. Because people very bad customer).
April 17, 2018, 10:56:56 PM
Title says it all. If you're looking to invest in an ICO or pre-ICO blockchain project, what's 1-2 attributes that are most important to you? Market size/potential? Management team? Technology that is distinctive? Strong white paper? Social media following? Other...

Aaaaaaaand go!
For me most important:
1. Team - I want to be sure that this people really existing, I can find they and can talk.
2. Product - what is this, does it has competitors and on which market they plan to sale it.
3. Business model - I want to understand how it will be work. Because some time business model look like that "product - ? - profit" or "?-product-sale-profit".
Activity: 53
April 17, 2018, 10:49:37 PM
The one they're trying to attain must be attainable in real-world scenerio because flowery words wont hold the price too long.
Activity: 42
April 17, 2018, 10:48:10 PM
I'm looking for a solution to a popular problem in a new project and so many people should know about the startup. because if the idea is not needed by people then nobody will buy it.
Activity: 42
April 17, 2018, 10:45:46 PM
all that you have listed is important. you can not throw something away. you when you buy a car you look not only appearance but also that inside. Laziness ultimately takes a person upwards and does not want to waste time analyzing, but if you do not waste time analyzing it, it's better not to go into the market.
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
Silence
April 17, 2018, 10:44:26 PM
For me I am always basing on its bounty manager and how they active they are on their telegram aside from that I dont it is more important that you read their site especially their white paper.
Activity: 24
April 17, 2018, 10:41:10 PM
I think this year in ICO will be an infrastructure year. I put priority in companies with an actual track record and market-ready product. Looking at one now by UK's Green Running - https://vlux.io/
Activity: 1050
Merit: 102
Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.
April 17, 2018, 10:37:10 PM
yes I am looking for the uniqueness of the project, function, features and seriousness of the dev community to build the project seriously. because many projects are made just to make easy money and then leave without thinking about others this is a real criminal act
Activity: 182
April 17, 2018, 07:54:32 PM
I like to see unique projects. For example, tokens that are becoming backed by commodities is my go to at the moment. For a token to survive, in my opinion it needs to be backed by a stable asset. Even if it's backed by 25% gold or diamonds or something that is going to either be steady or slowly increase in value will help. Take Darico.io- 50% of the ICO will be divided into gold, btc and eth. The rest is for liquidity in other assets. The coin also wants to be the bloomberg of crypto. So this coin has stability. In saying this- coins that are not backed by anything needs to have use value. Whether its privacy, or reward for content. It needs to do something- than say, Verge, which is purely p&d garbage.
Activity: 546
Merit: 4
April 17, 2018, 04:41:58 PM

Aaaaaaaand go!

I think you have to check through their website and figure out the goal and visions of the project
then you look into their whitepaper to ascertain their claims
after which you check through their roadmap and figure out their limits and shortcomings.

Then you can join and associate with their social media handles and have a good and positive ico with such token.
Activity: 231
Augmented Reality World Discovered
April 17, 2018, 04:34:21 PM
Im looking for anew innovative technology,good vision and a good working product or MVP because if theres none of these,the project is indeed worthless,dont want to waste my money and time joining these shit projects in the community,believe me or not 95% of these new projects are trash,only few of these projects are going to survive.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 503
April 17, 2018, 04:32:57 PM

Aaaaaaaand go!
I always choose projects that allocate funds for very high ads and products that have worked of course.
Pages:
Jump to: