Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think about immortality? - page 18. (Read 12083 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
December 01, 2017, 12:25:34 PM
Immortality is a lonely life... you will always keep on remembering on the people that you loved so much who died many centuries ago...
Activity: 11
December 01, 2017, 12:22:33 PM
Speaking of immortality, immortality is just a mirage for us. Because later or tomorrow we do not know when we live for the last. So, let's prepare to meet the creator.
Activity: 64
December 01, 2017, 12:55:40 AM
Plain immortality is pretty shitt after a couple of lifetimes when you go insane and all those you care about die. Couple more lifetimes and your immortality becomes a curse rather than a gift
Activity: 255
Merit: 100
https://burst.money/
November 30, 2017, 11:21:48 PM
I think it is possible about immortality. There's nothing impossible when it comes to science. It just a matter of time to achieve our goal. So going back, the immortality that you are pertaining is like transferring the brain to an AI? So this is not immortality that I am thinking. Immortality that I am thinking is a person won't die forever. So if only the brain of a person you want to keep alive forever, then it is possible. I think. Only science can explain that how.
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
November 30, 2017, 11:07:09 PM

eternal torment on this planet
Activity: 53
Merit: 10
November 30, 2017, 11:02:34 PM
Your life will be booring and lonely....
Activity: 17
November 30, 2017, 10:30:31 PM
What do you think about immortality? Will people find immortality in the future?
Is it possible to transfer a digital copy of the brain to a computer environment?

Maybe, just maybe, immortality can be tiring. You'll see history repeating itself. Dunno, if it's really possible in the future. After all, 'all things that begin shall end'. Alpha and omega. We see clocks everyday to reminds us of how mortal we are. Of how everything that we do each day will definitely come to a stop, to an end someday.
Activity: 94
Merit: 1
November 30, 2017, 10:20:28 PM
Body is mortal, its your values,Love & thoughts which makes you immortal.
Merit: 102
November 30, 2017, 10:18:50 PM
Based on my opinion I think Immortality is a subject that some people have mixed views on. Some think that life is only meaningful if it has an end, others think being immortal would be terrible because you'd never be able to connect to anyone. While others see it as something wonderful and amazing to have, a gift to live and discover, or experience.
Activity: 322
November 30, 2017, 09:15:20 PM
What do you think about immortality? Will people find immortality in the future?
Is it possible to transfer a digital copy of the brain to a computer environment?

I think it is possible. But only rich can affford
Activity: 58
November 30, 2017, 09:10:19 PM
Something that came from the fantasy of people, a dream of kings...
Activity: 322
╔►[FILIPINO Translator]◄╝
November 30, 2017, 09:09:55 PM
If only i can buy immortality, then i would and because being immortal means power. Smiley
Activity: 104
November 30, 2017, 07:15:07 PM
My soul is immortal
November 30, 2017, 06:55:58 PM
I did..but I’m not a God. So immortality in your physical state is just a fantasy. And existence outside of your physical being cannot be considered as immortality. I believe that immortality is existence in your original state. Once this is compromised, then it is not immortality.
Activity: 29
November 30, 2017, 06:15:22 PM
I truly can't say anything because i don't know, nobody nows.. But i feel there is no immortality. At the end we all going to die. But i believe in soul. I think one way our soul will live forever.
Activity: 67
November 30, 2017, 05:48:10 PM
yes, i think its possible. maybe people can be digitized into a virtual world.
Activity: 14
November 30, 2017, 02:25:06 PM
maybe  Wink
Activity: 44
November 30, 2017, 10:56:29 AM
I like using this topic for my students in philosophy class, and they all end up saying they want to be immortal. Most reasons is because they feel like their lifetime is not enough to reach their dreams. Contentment is something to reflect on
Activity: 18
November 30, 2017, 10:55:39 AM
I think immortality can be a pain, because you have so much time - once you'd do everything possible and nothing will be fun and interesting to you anymore. Immortality only with the power to end it - that's my choice.
Activity: 82
November 30, 2017, 10:51:02 AM
I think humans can only enjoy immortality if they’re living in a perfect world where there are no diseases, no mental health issues, no relationship problems, no hatred, no hunger, and other issues that beset life.

Being immortal in an imperfect world tantamount to saying, “Humans are fucked up forever.”

So, immortality isn’t worth desiring and achieving at all.

Now, death is something that humans can look forward to because death brings a full stop to all sufferings and miseries.
Pages:
Jump to: