Pages:
Author

Topic: What does KYC gives you ? - page 13. (Read 26228 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 1
December 12, 2018, 03:56:29 PM
On Sammo case of hemorrhoids,and loss of tokens,then profit!How many tokens I have not received because of the KYC, where I overlooked, where the managers cheated, different situations,but the fact is that thanks to the KYC, you can spend time on work and reports,and then just miss what it took to provide your data for verification,and you're in flight
Activity: 868
Merit: 289
December 12, 2018, 03:50:49 PM
Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining

Most often even I don't like to do it but it required us sometimes in the bounty for us to be paid to our task to their project. Because if we didn't submit we will not be compensate to our hard work in promoting during the time campaign that it was running. But as much as the bounty has no kyc I will not submit it.
copper member
Activity: 411
Merit: 1
December 12, 2018, 03:48:17 PM
KYC doesnt gurantee the success of a project. In the past it was more of a sure deal if a project is requesting for KYC, but these days it doesnt come with any kind of feeling.
Activity: 262
Merit: 2
December 12, 2018, 03:38:36 PM
And if they request early before joining any of the bounty or airdrop how good might it be but the worst part is that most of them requested the kyc late periods of the project not knowing who really has the requires details but used them as source of free advert.
Activity: 266
Merit: 2
December 12, 2018, 03:33:06 PM
KYC Documents submission depends on the bounty/airdrop. This has recently become a requirement by most top projects. It wasn't like this when it started hence the decentralized nature of the crypto technology however, with recent compliance measures, projects have been forced to ensure Know Your Customer or KYC verification. There are risks associated with this. I read somewhere on this forum about people's KYC documents being sold online by some of these projects which could most possibly result in identity theft. One has to be very careful where and how your sensitive documents are submitted. You must be sure these projects are genuine and completely verifiable offline.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol
December 12, 2018, 02:08:48 PM
If i'm answering you directly i will say KYC gives you the token you looking for. Its not that safe since you given out you identity details to an unknown person out there. You ask yourself what will they use those details for but sometimes you just have to comply with it and go your way.
Activity: 490
Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI
December 12, 2018, 11:33:46 AM
I don't trust campaign that requires KYC because it will gather your personal data and you are not 100% sure that your information will not leak.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. I also do not trust projects that today collect a lot of data about investors. It seems to me that it is better to try to probably invest in private projects, so I try to look for such projects.
Activity: 319
December 12, 2018, 05:59:47 AM
Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining

KYC is a procedure that I don't want to go through ever. I try to think about the fact that if KYC is not introduced, and the rate would not fall so much. There's definitely a connection.
Activity: 700
Merit: 11
December 12, 2018, 05:32:35 AM
KYC requires you to submit your personal data which many find unwise as it exposes it to the internet where it can get stolen and misused by unscrupulous individuals
Activity: 490
December 12, 2018, 05:22:13 AM
For example, if one member is using multi accounts to collect the most possible amount of tokens from each campaign. It is not allowed and to protect other bounty members, the team decides to undergo the KYC process.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/
December 12, 2018, 05:18:01 AM
Some countries now ban ICO projects, and the purpose of KYC is to exclude investors from these countries.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
December 12, 2018, 04:12:23 AM

Now KYC brings me nothing but disappointment. Often I do not pass it, although I am sure that I did everything right. I hope that in the end this useless procedure will be canceled
Activity: 294
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
December 12, 2018, 03:13:34 AM
Most KYC projects still don't give us any rewards, so now I prefer to participate in the KYC project that has already entered the exchange, instead of participating in the ICO phase of the KYC project!
Activity: 826
Merit: 265
December 12, 2018, 03:08:01 AM
This has nothing good to brings us,but only to favor the company assuring our legitimacy and besides this will only make us vulnerable to hacking,scamming or other misleading issues because the team will learn about our personalities and profiles,this can be use against us if the people who handles this has a negative motive in asking about KYC .so beware of this
Activity: 378
December 12, 2018, 03:05:13 AM

When I was young and naive I believed that most of my invested money will turn in worthy tokens in future, I performed almost every KYC I could come across. Right now I ignore all the projects with KYC because I can see no purpose in them: cryptocurrencies are not regulatet.
Activity: 308
Merit: 5
December 12, 2018, 12:02:50 AM
Oh yeah,,, KYC is both good and bad into the security of the person. What if the system is compromised by the hackers or what if the system if compromised by the team itself? Possible to use others identity to scam other persons in crypto as the owner doesn't have a power to manage his/her own information because it was passed to the team by requiring KYC process. It is risky strategy but hunters doesn't have a choice but to comply most specially if the announcement done one week before the campaign end.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
December 11, 2018, 11:54:54 PM
I would say no. You are giving your personal details to gray party. You don't know what they gonna do with it.
Activity: 784
December 11, 2018, 11:50:25 PM
will be less worthy KYC should be applied in the bounty. However many bounties now that implements it and certainly used to find out the truth of the recipient of the payment and could even reduce will double in the bounty. but the misuse of identity can also be the thing to look out for in this case.
Activity: 644
December 11, 2018, 11:31:12 PM
Yes, to get tokens from the results of working on the campaign, of course, we have to go through KYC filling. But not all projects that I follow use KYC for bounty hunter participants. Using KYC must be careful because we submit personal data to people we don't know.
Activity: 700
December 11, 2018, 11:10:24 PM
You know,a lot of airdrop and bounty that requires kyc and there are even some people willing to kyc to be paid with money that is not in accordance with the risk. Personally if who's asked for personal data is a big project I will be more able to understand but if only to pay a token with a small value I think it's totally not worth it. Personal Data very dangerous to share with another.
I think if you are important then that is worrying. Almost all bounty hunters are ordinary people so the sharing of personal information is not a concern for us as we do not have much influence in this market.
Pages:
Jump to: