Pages:
Author

Topic: What does KYC gives you ? - page 10. (Read 26228 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
December 19, 2018, 02:33:09 PM
I look at it as a precaution measure. Investing in shady project will give you nothing, no matter if there is a KYC involved or not. Shady project will rip you off even without the KYC. On the other hand, it seems completely legit to me for you to have some kind of portfolio with your documents to confirm your identity and for the other party to know with whom are they doing business with. It is a contract, security contract, that's the way how am I looking at it.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 111
December 19, 2018, 02:30:36 PM
1. KYC or must be tell you KNOW YOUR CUSTUMER!!!
is this will help you to get yout token? nor help you boost the price in the market?

there is no 2 if you are waiting for that!

2 is, it is not on our side, it is on the ICO team on themselves to be protected for those who wants to enter but in the restricted area!
Activity: 546
Merit: 105
December 19, 2018, 02:24:34 PM
KYC is a procedure for verifying your customers. For you, it will not be useful, on the contrary, you risk, sending your documents is not clear where.
Activity: 378
Merit: 2
December 19, 2018, 02:07:06 PM
Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining
There us no thing wrong with kyc, except if a scam project is the one requesting for kyc from you, which you need to be very careful of. As a matter of fact, you should not give your personal information out to any project team you do not trust.
Nonetheless, there are some genuine projects that ask for kyc and your info can be very safe with them.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI
December 19, 2018, 02:03:46 PM
It is better you to keep your personal data than to give it out for some shit coins. Most of the airdrops that request for personal information from participants even end up not listed on exchanges.
It is these projects that ultimately sell your data, of course they can send you shitcoins, but then they really won't go out and you just lose another great chance for a successful life. Be careful.
Activity: 334
Global Trans-Fee Mining Exchange
December 19, 2018, 04:34:40 AM
Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining

For bounty hunters KYC is a chance to make more money on this project, as people with a large number of accounts will not be able to go into one project and pick up most of the awards, which should be equally shared.
Activity: 420
December 19, 2018, 03:22:03 AM

At the moment-it's a headache for the safety of their data and their protection. Now there are no companies, or I personally do not know them, which would be engaged in the preservation of data provided for the passage of KYC.
Activity: 378
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
December 18, 2018, 02:18:37 PM
if the project seems reliable to you, then you should not be afraid of the KYC procedure, but if you are alerted by something, then pass by the project
I think it’s right that the developers are warned about the necessity of going through the KYC right away and not after a long participation in the project.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 335
December 18, 2018, 02:13:05 PM

KYC is ok if it is done because of regulatory purposes. Some countries are not allowed to join any bounties or ICO, if ever they are not allowed and they were able to contribute or be part of any ICO, the ICO will face a huge problem. That's why it is important. However, sometimes KYC is used as a delaying tactics, especially if it is announced at the later part of the bounty.
Activity: 868
Merit: 106
December 18, 2018, 02:09:29 PM
I see KYC has many uses, especially so that users and developers get to know each other, the meaning of KYC is to verify that investors or users of these tokens are not spammers. Another reason I think is only as a legality in carrying out a project.
Activity: 434
December 18, 2018, 02:06:38 PM
Now I do not join the projects that require KYC, since I will not be guaranteed by anyone who protects my personal data.
I agree with you that it is very unsafe, and it is better to refrain from it, but what if the project is really worth it??? or do you participate in the project for a few months and then at the end before the distribution create an update to pass KYC, you just give up the coins that you honestly earned???
Activity: 854
Merit: 250
December 18, 2018, 02:01:12 PM
If I decide to invest in ICO, then I understand that KYC is a mandatory procedure and I am ready to put up with it, but I do not see any point in going through KYC in the role of a bounty hunter, it always looks suspicious.
Activity: 504
ONe Social Network.
December 18, 2018, 01:39:43 PM
We can give more security, knowing that other fellow investors are legitimate people, or at least took the trouble to use credentials, that adds a little legitimacy to the projects, but does not guarantee anything, just the same is a waste of time using KYC in airdrops, not even worth it.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
December 18, 2018, 01:36:27 PM
It gives me danger for my identity to be expose in public or to be use in other purposes.
Nothing as follow but the risk on my side. KYC are meant for the ICO team to be an advantage on their side and not for bounty participants nor investors.
Activity: 630
Merit: 11
NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter
December 18, 2018, 01:35:16 PM
People need to remember that they are giving away their documents to a stranger in the internet by KYC. DONT give kyc for petty Airdrop or if the project is shitty.
Activity: 770
Merit: 254
December 18, 2018, 01:13:18 PM
Big trouble if handed to wrong person. Project owners should first reveal their identification and then ask it from investors.
KYC will only push people away from crypto and crypto lost its purpose. We gave banks right to make rules and this just isn't something satoshi created.
Activity: 411
December 18, 2018, 01:02:57 PM

I think KYC is not too important, especially for bounty and Airdrop participants. I further agree that KYC is used for investors so they do not lose investor money.
Activity: 560
December 18, 2018, 12:50:56 PM
It is better you to keep your personal data than to give it out for some shit coins. Most of the airdrops that request for personal information from participants even end up not listed on exchanges.
Activity: 490
Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI
December 18, 2018, 12:42:03 PM
I understood in general that many people are against this procedure, but why they go through it, although I think that they do not go through it quite the way the developers want, but you know what I mean, I think that there are not legal documents.
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
December 17, 2018, 02:52:08 PM
KYC gives me the understanding that the project I want to invest in is keep the rules of the government, so that I don't affraid about violation of the rules.
Not always the project with kyc comply with the rules of the government, you still need to check their documents to accurately everything was with the documents, but of course projects with kyc are often more successful than without it!
Pages:
Jump to: