Pages:
Author

Topic: What does KYC gives you ? - page 14. (Read 26228 times)

Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
December 11, 2018, 11:08:03 PM
Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining

Not worth I notice my friends who have done KYC for these airdrops are actually getting nothing or shits in exchange for giving them so much of themselves, you don't give your personal and sensitive details to strangers in exchange for IOU things which has no value at all, it's one of the tricks of scammers and people should know this thing in the first place.
Activity: 749
Merit: 13
December 11, 2018, 11:01:15 PM
You know,a lot of airdrop and bounty that requires kyc and there are even some people willing to kyc to be paid with money that is not in accordance with the risk. Personally if who's asked for personal data is a big project I will be more able to understand but if only to pay a token with a small value I think it's totally not worth it. Personal Data very dangerous to share with another.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
December 11, 2018, 10:48:35 PM
KYC is proof of identity. that is, by doing so the project makes sure that the user has one account and that he is authentic and not a fraudster

but what is feared is that this KYC system is recognized to avoid money laundering and other criminal attempts, and the personal data therein is misused by the ICO company for criminal matters in the ICO or future business forms.
Activity: 226
Merit: 103
December 11, 2018, 12:27:38 PM
I don't trust campaign that requires KYC because it will gather your personal data and you are not 100% sure that your information will not leak.
Activity: 490
Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI
December 11, 2018, 11:20:44 AM
One of the main dangers of passing KYC, if fraudsters get your documents. We must be very careful about this. Learn the best possible projects before you go pass KYC.
This is really a big problem for investors today, because no one can say for sure that there is a problem today, because today there are a very large number of projects that look very good for investing, but these projects are a scam.
Activity: 504
Merit: 112
quarkchain.io
December 10, 2018, 02:03:32 PM
One of the main dangers of passing KYC, if fraudsters get your documents. We must be very careful about this. Learn the best possible projects before you go pass KYC.
Activity: 868
Merit: 100
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
December 10, 2018, 01:59:40 PM
Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining

I don't know why they need KYC for bounty hunter but for me it's normal if investors will passed a KYC for their account investment to know one by one of their customers.
December 10, 2018, 12:55:28 PM
Maybe KYC is a good tool to prevent multiple accounts for bounty participants, but KYC is not too excessive for bounty participants who have done their jobs but are not rewarded because of KYC. KYC should only be aimed at investors, because investors play an important role in an ICO
Not only for investors and in general, it seems to me that it is time for the KYC process to be already engaged in the government. Who knows where they send our data, have you ever asked yourself this question? It seems to me that it is time to think about why today.
Activity: 643
Merit: 253
December 10, 2018, 12:41:37 PM
Maybe KYC is a good tool to prevent multiple accounts for bounty participants, but KYC is not too excessive for bounty participants who have done their jobs but are not rewarded because of KYC. KYC should only be aimed at investors, because investors play an important role in an ICO
Activity: 210
December 10, 2018, 12:17:27 PM
Well, there is nothing good in KYC except for intence. It was created for protection of money laundering, but now none of the platforms is able to protect my personal data. I do not want to waste a lot of time waiting for better days to come, so I give up on KYC.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 259
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
December 09, 2018, 12:22:16 PM
I never want to give my KYC data, because I am afraid one day my data is sold or used to deceive others. I would rather leave the bounty / airdrop if they ask for KYC
I am not try to judging your decision is right or wrong. But nowadays mostly 80% projects developers asking KYC whatever you investor or bounty hunter. You can't participate in the all projects. Even promising projects must be asking KYC remember it. If you don't want to this obviously you have to shutdown.   
Activity: 589
Merit: 100
December 09, 2018, 12:15:13 PM
Usually KYC is some kind of protection from bounty hunters to use multiple accounts. However it is also good for bounty hunters, because they get more stakes and tokens
December 09, 2018, 12:12:12 PM
Only perform a kyc to a projects that is good to be true in terms of promises, i mean analys the whole ICO projects first before to do, because some of the fake ICO wants some on other people information to perform a scam or evil job underground so be careful about that.
Of course, being careful is simply necessary, because now all the same people will be in a panic to hand over their documents. But at this time, many guys can be in great danger. here the most important thing is, as you said, to correctly understand what KYC is and how to choose the right project.
Activity: 584
Merit: 252
December 09, 2018, 09:12:09 AM
Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin were developed solely to avoid the use of banks altogether. Fans and developers of crypto like the idea of a decentralized network that does not require the need of any other parties to process a transaction.Slowly it has brought revolution and it continues to grow.Earlier days and now also crypto are used for many illegal purposes but that depends.Moreover making anonymous payment and security are two causes which mostly people are looking for.Many crypto have also come in market which is making kyc policy to prevent money-laundering,in these way making it for mass adoption.Crypto is something which had and always give good return to its user.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
December 09, 2018, 08:54:16 AM
KYC is just a regulation requirement for the law. Yes you can do KYC but only for the legit companies and teams and for the bounty managers only. Other than that, you can avoid. Because do not be easily give your KYC to the person you truly don't know.
copper member
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
December 09, 2018, 04:28:47 AM
I don't like it in any way as crypto is all about privacy but government is looking for a way to tax crypto trader and never put in to consideration when the person lost but only concern about the gain , which to me is a bad one and also think of money laundry, terrorist which is just mere thinking but no targible excuse, I think kyc is still much important in centralized exchange and soon we will all go to dex which require no kyc and if people don't submit details to ICO that require kyc I wonder how that ICO will survive so the user should be in control not the dev .
Activity: 854
Merit: 267
December 09, 2018, 04:16:19 AM
The KYC only helps to prevent cheaters. However, sometimes legal projects may require KYC for bounty and airdrop distributions. These rules are already said at the very beginning.

Activity: 392
December 09, 2018, 04:12:18 AM

Anxiety. I am always aware of using my personal data. And also I would not be able to find out what the ICO used my persona data for its own needs, so I would not be able to prove a thing. It is very bad and it scares me a lot. That is why I want KYC to be cancelled.
copper member
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
December 09, 2018, 12:26:40 AM

Some project require KYC as they want to assure and to know the identity of the participants in such campaignoperated, they make sure that there's no participance abusing the campaign like doing a multiple account and capture bounty scammer on those using others info to be accepted in the bounty campaign. As experience, most project looking for KYC are those legitimate one. Its okay to pass but always take a time to review on it first for more security purposes.
copper member
Activity: 476
Merit: 0
December 09, 2018, 12:05:58 AM
KYC ensures that nobody is doing double cross and that person is not fraud. A genuine person will never hesitate to show his identity but fraud will try to hide their identity. So,  KYC is beneficial jn every aspect.
Pages:
Jump to: