Pages:
Author

Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down? - page 6. (Read 34295 times)

Activity: 193
Merit: 10
If there is a war, then any money is depreciated. More importantly, food, clothing, gold. In addition, now I think bitcoin is a fragile investment. Yes, it can grow, but it can also become nothing. Therefore, it is important to make part of the profit material.
Activity: 196
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
I think, then bitcoin will disappear.
Then you need to bring your equipment to the Internet where you can normally transfer BTC.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
If the Internet breaks down completely.
Then bitcoin will disappear.
Because bitcoin lives on the Internet.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
How to use Bitcoin without the Internet? Is there any scenario for which the Internet will not be?
In my opinion, this will never happen.
Bitcoin can only fall if interest in it falls. While this is not observed)))
Activity: 70
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

home internet and mobile internet goes down

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away
Maybe that can be a downside of digital currency,  bitciin together with the otger crypto are hard to process when we lack technology,  mainly, internet.  If we still want to process bitcoin or trade it,  we should find an alternative solution if the internet goes down
Activity: 274
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

If this will happen not only bitcoin will down but also with us who participating on online business.But i know it will never been happening because many people supporting online business specially in bitcoin cryptocurrency.We hope that nuclear war will be stop and will never be happened because not only mobile internet will be down but also the lifes of all people.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away
the world lives billion years without bitcoin and internet so i see no problem when the internet breaks down..what bothers me is the funds i invested in bitcoin.it would be gone for nothing,i hope before this things happen i can withdraw my investments before that phenomenon happens
Activity: 9

If no internet, no wifi , bitcoin or blockhain won't work. Because bitcoion cyrptocurrency is attached to internet world. Then we will go back to using fiat. But this scenario is very unlikely to happen.

Activity: 448
Merit: 100
Lets Go Adab

Bitcoins was being produced through using the internet and mining was been able to use because of the algorithm that requires internet connection in order to work. It only means that bitcoins production wont grow farther and it will die eventually if internet goes down.
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
Bitcoin will be no value if the internet goes down. Virtual be nothing without a virtual world. Internet is the soul of btc without it, it simply dead.
Activity: 98
Merit: 6

I guess with the absence of internet, bitcoin can't survive. It's a very unfortunate thing to happen in the future for bitcoin. But I guess face to face transaction is still possible, it still has value after all.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
If the internet goes out of commerce then the bitcoin will face a serious problem which can leads to a big threat in their performance which leads to a loss.
Activity: 336
Assuming the internet goes completely down, Bitcoin will be rendered useless because all transactions, trading of bitcoin, buying and using bitcoin to pay, all these happens with internet, so you can't do anything if the Internet goes down. However it's something that can't happen and i can't believe the internet will ever go down, imagine fully shutdown internet across the whole world.
Activity: 308
Merit: 30
if the internet get down the bitcoin will goes down too, but I think the developer of bitcoin will think another way for bitcoin to run even if the internet goes down and for us to earn money.
Activity: 327
Merit: 250

If the internet is lost? people will also lose access to bitcoin. We can transfer to bitcoin via the internet. The internet needs to be transact and communicate with people. In other words, if there is no internet? No bitcoin. If bitcoins do they do offline? Difficult to process that happens, many will change in the fast and good transactions rather than thinking of losing or goes down the internet
Activity: 157
If Internet disappears, so does Bitcoin, at least until the day that Internet appears back. But of course, by that time , it will have lost ALL of its value.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
I think that if thr internet goes down so definitely bitcoin will also go down because bitcoin is not the paper based currency of any country or givernment, it is online network based currency work through the internet and becoming popular and valuable by each day through internet, so if the internet goes down it will also go down.
Activity: 588
Merit: 107
How can the internet go down? It's like electricity or running water. It's here to stay. Maybe btc might go down, but not all ISP's can go down all of a sudden.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
Today, bitcoin is still dependent on the internet so if the internet is decreasing maybe the bitcoin market situation will become chaotic so with the price. But it is not impossible that developers will come up with the latest innovations to develop this blockchain technology so bitcoins can be accessed offline.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 611
  How is it possible that internet will go down? Since internet era nobody can imagine a day without internet in life;now internet have become a part and parcel of life to all of us .The only way of shutting down of internet is by cyber attacks so government may take some steps in order to prevent such cyber attacks The question is that what happens to Bitcoin if  internet goes down then Bitcoin also will go down.

Yeah…the chance of this happening is very unlikely and nobody is really saying that internet will die in the future. Things are going damn opposite in reality.

More and more stuff is getting on internet now. It was just an imagination that what if such a bad happens. And also. Why on earth will hackers or cyber criminals want to kill internet. You see, their whole life and earning is due to this buddy.
Pages:
Jump to: