Pages:
Author

Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down? - page 8. (Read 34295 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
I think in case of a nuclear war we will be ruins. The atomic bombs could destroy everything. countries should be really stupid to start a nuclear war. Also, I think things would be really bad without the internet. We won't make it without. We love our confort.
Activity: 266
Merit: 102
For me, the transaction of money in bitcoin may affect if th internet goes down. In fact, many users will also affect if internet goes down in a way of posting in the different forum. We can't see or read what is the updates, we can't apply in different signature campaign, and we can't invest anymore. And lastly, the bitcoin price will affect too, we can't see how much is the price now and we can't have any information about bitcoin if there's a new updates.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is how do we trade bitcoin during this time if we can't access internet.

home internet and mobile internet goes down
Bitcoin network completely breaks down. no hash power, no node. no confirmation, then we have to go cash, like dollar, euro.
I am pretty sure that if there's a will, there's a way. Yeah people who are using bitcoin will find a way to transact with each other. Maybe a face to face trading using a Bluetooth or a hotspot to transact. Maybe using codes like what we used in out phone. Maybe through mobile phones then send each other to trade bitcoin or to transact bitcoin with each other. Maybe a peer to peer connection to exchange bitcoin. There is a lots of possible way if you really like to transact. We are now in the digital age and never let your mind to be occupied by limited resources.
If internet stop work so it will make a lot of people jobless because bitcoin is a digital currency and its only available on interment and there are a lot of people who are doing online trade and they are also doing investment here from a long time so I think bitcoin must also find a way to fix this problem because we want to use bitcoin any time any place its now a part of life and when it stop work so a lot of people can suffer from it.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
face to face trades? Of course there must be a way to broadcast the transaction anyways. And as said on previous topics, if there is no internet service, we probably have bigger things to worry about.

Well that could be an option, but it would be so difficult and ineffective to do that. I mean, one of the key features of the cryptomarket is the fact that you can do transactions even if you're worlds apart just like any internet-based transactions, although transfer can be made offline, that would surely cripple the system since most transactions and exchanges done in the cryptomarket is predicated in the use of the internet. Therefore, even if it won't go down totally, the usage rate would surely be slowed down significantly.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027
Dump it!!!
Without the internet bitcoin use is rendered useless as there will be no way to communicate with other computers but be rest assured that your bitcoins will intact and undamaged.

And other crypto services will all come to a standstill until the internet is back.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
Assume internet as the bank which helps you transfer your funds to other accounts. So if the bank is closed due to some reason, say on a holiday or something. And you totally depend on the bank for any kind of transaction like bill payments or so. Then all you can do is wait. And in the case of bitcoin, if the internet goes down, you only can wait until it's back again. As a war might hopefully not last forever.
If the internet go down the bitcoin also will go down but i believe that there is no way of the internet to go down because even our government will really use an internet to make all transaction simple yet fluent to make every works verry convenience enoughf and it is for good we are now living a life with the internet imfluence and we cant really stop this because we are really in a mpdern world.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
If there's no internet Bitcoin is useless because we all know that bitcoin transaction is through peering with other network computer,that is why we need internet to work for bitcoin.
Activity: 223
Merit: 102
Bitcoin's trading and operation would have required support from the internet, which would have disappeared without it.
Activity: 266
Merit: 114
Assume internet as the bank which helps you transfer your funds to other accounts. So if the bank is closed due to some reason, say on a holiday or something. And you totally depend on the bank for any kind of transaction like bill payments or so. Then all you can do is wait. And in the case of bitcoin, if the internet goes down, you only can wait until it's back again. As a war might hopefully not last forever.
Activity: 308
it will definitely would have big impact on digital currencies. because if internet goes down, it will disturb of digital currencies transaction. and with that problem, many of coin holder would like to sell their coin.
Activity: 406
Merit: 105
If the internet goes down then so as bitcoins because bitcoin transactions wil always be depend on internet does how it works. The other scenario is our bitcoins will be froze for awhile until internet connection come backs in.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
if the internet network drops or dies a lot of bitcoin will die because this bitcoin depends on the internet network and its transactions through the internet network, it is impossible to run this bitcoin tampa internet network. I think this is not possible
Activity: 48
I never think about this but if it is happen I will just go and pray and go to my bed and had a long time sleeping because there is nothing to do 
Activity: 333
Merit: 11
How would you use your credit card if the internet goes down? Tongue
It doesn't de-legitimate Bitcoin more than it does for FIAT,
Except that fiat has hard CASH.

I would rather have family/friends/food/shelter/defense/transport/isolation and gold if these apocalyptic circumstances happen.  Smiley
Activity: 560
Merit: 13
Bitcoin is a shit coin if internet goes down. Paper currency is safe at all times, we cannot depend on this shit internet and bitcoin all the time. Think if any one has an emergency situation where internet is down on that time, really annoying. Never depend on this kind of internet thing in currency all the time.
Activity: 95
Merit: 20
Internet failure affects not only bitcoin, but also the operation of the entire world. I think this is impossible. If this happens, Bitcoin transactions will only be abandoned and development will slow down.
Activity: 350
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

home internet and mobile internet goes down

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away
Given this scenario it makes non sense  of the money you earned from bitcoin.You should be more secure  save your money in your some accounts. And make it cash so that you can save your money not just stayed on bitcoin. So that if it will happen you are more secure .
Activity: 82
If we lose the internet may well be in vain because bitcoin is not available yet . But in my perception internet will not goes down. We know the edge of having an internet nowadays.
Activity: 188
Broadly speaking if the internet down then bitcoin as a replacement. Do not you know that blockchain operates independently you can connect your computer and use it even though you like, you can even gamble and watch movies that use blockchain as your main browser. Cool
Activity: 181
Merit: 12
Internet is now becoming the basic needs of human life. If internet goes off, not only bitcoin but whole world gets halted. Because almost all economies, industries, educational institutions are using internet in their day to day activity. Whole world will collapse for a while. Bitcoin is a digital currency. It get stored, verified and secured with the help of miners which are spread worldwide, internet is the main connecting link between them. Bitcoin investors will suffer a huge loss; they will not be in a position to perform any transaction. But situation like this will arise only when World war will broke out or a huge Tsunami will hit and destroy the whole civilization.
That’s right, Internet plays a very important part for our modern life.  Wow, I fancy that it’s really terrible , I can’t do anything without internet even a day . If someday the internet goes down, I definitely think that it affect badly in many fields. With crypto currencies market, we all know that internet is not only important but also necessary with this digital market. We need internet to take transaction, get information, or exchange news about bitcoin.. Therefore bitcoin will bankrupt and even so are many other coins.
Pages:
Jump to: