Pages:
Author

Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down? - page 7. (Read 34295 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
The question is if that happens and let’s face it, the chances of it happening are not much. However, if the internet goes down for some time then BTC will be considered useless because there will be no mining etc.
We all know this fact that internet carries a key role when it comes to regulating of bitcoin and other crypto coins which are there in the present world. All the crypto currencies need to have an internet connection for performing any kind of operation. In case internet goes down, we will be unable to do any kind of transaction or any other thing like that and we have to then wait for the time till internet connection recover.
Activity: 353
Merit: 250
Bitcoin is a digital currency that requires an internet connection so if the internet went down bitcoin certainly can not be used.
copper member
Activity: 68
Merit: 0
The probability of this scenario happening is very very highly unlikely. Even in the event of nuclear war, "the internet" is not going to stop functioning. Yes, a lot of the sites and services we use online might cease, but the internet runs on a set of protocols that will continue to exist in such an event. Even today, some people connect to the internet through internet satellite receivers, which connect directly to geostationary satellites in space. And I am pretty sure there are at least a few of those people running Bitcoin nodes. You probably have people running Bitcoin nodes in nuclear bunkers somewhere on earth. So with those two things in place, I think the odds of having a Bitcoin extinction level event is very slim to none. And if such an event were to occur, I think most people would be preoccupied by things other than the safety of their Bitcoins.
It won't go down. Stop it with the drama.
Activity: 33
If internet goes down, you can still make bitcoin transactions through regular snail mail - would just be a lot more inefficient!
Activity: 189
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

home internet and mobile internet goes down

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away
no internet no bitcoin
For the internet to go down every internet service provider in the world would have to terminate.
Activity: 403
Less is more
If ever the time comes that internet goes down, then most probably bitcoin network will also go down. Bitcoin is a digital currency, which means that it only exists, somehow, in the digital world which is, by the way, powered by the internet. Your bitcoin account and wallet may not be harmed and still be intact, but you will have no way of accessing it.
True. If internet went down, there won't be no sign of Bitcoin's life in the world. Your Bitcoin is still in your wallet for sure and it won't disappear. However, you can't take it out anymore. Bitcoin always go along with internet. Internet is life source of Bitcoin. The point is internet won't never goes down.
Internet won't go down. Enough with the drama.
Activity: 812
Merit: 105
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
if the Internet network is problematic it will have a big effect on bitcoin.
people will be hard to send and pull bitcoin, bitcoin trade will be paralyzed.
chances are people will be back using paper money and gold to store wealth.
Activity: 173
Merit: 19
First of all internet can not be terminate because in our generation there are a lot of networks that offer internet all over the world so bitcoin will increase of its employment
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
If ever the time comes that internet goes down, then most probably bitcoin network will also go down. Bitcoin is a digital currency, which means that it only exists, somehow, in the digital world which is, by the way, powered by the internet. Your bitcoin account and wallet may not be harmed and still be intact, but you will have no way of accessing it.
Activity: 331
Personal Text: Blockchain with a Purpose
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away
If internet goes down everthing in bitcoin is nothing. No trading, no mining, all transaction made in bitcion none. Because you can only access bitcoin with internet connection. And not only bitcoin, all are affected on internet goes down mostly the business and all transactions that need internet connection will not operate.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 115
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

If internet is down, then all the cryptocurrencies would probably be affected and that includes bitcoins. The coins will remain where they are, although they will not be accessible at all. Still, the internet being down is unlikely to happen these days, especially that mankind has become dependent on the internet.
Activity: 168
Merit: 101
If the internet goes down then there will be no way for the people to use bitcoin and also transact using bitcoin and the bitcoin will just get stuck and there might be a lot of problems that will occur in bitcoin because of the shutdown of the internet but i think that in the reality, it will never happen.
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
For me, the transaction of money in bitcoin may affect if th internet goes down. In fact, many users will also affect if internet goes down in a way of posting in the different forum. We can't see or read what is the updates, we can't apply in different signature campaign, and we can't invest anymore. And lastly, the bitcoin price will affect too, we can't see how much is the price now and we can't have any information about bitcoin if there's a new updates.
Overall, internet going down will have definitely a  huge impact to Bitcoin. I conclude that it will be a great chaos in the Bitcoin world. But who knows in the future if the internet really goes down, maybe there will be an alternative method will exist.   
Activity: 432
Merit: 10
Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI
when the internet is lowering the bitcoin user is also less because not all places are the same internet connection in other places because the internet is weak so sure bitcoin will also decrease the connection with people. maybe personal trading that people in bitcoin when the internet slows down.
Activity: 74
I think, can be transferred to other transactions by buying goods or in the form of gold and can invest other business, although still using the system online and internet network
Activity: 168
Merit: 102
Internet is the heart of bitcoin or bitcoin needs internet so he can live properly if the internet is slow then the bitcoin transaction process also slowed because bitcoin delivery depends on the speed of the Internet network and if the Internet went down it would be good bye bitcoin for everyone internet will disappeared for forever it will trouble to everyone who needs internet everyday!
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
If that is going to happen than Bitcoin will be bad and there will be also a lot of people that is going to hate Bitcoin and that is quite logic because they use it as a payment method.
And the chance is also really small that it can happen for Bitcoin that the internet will go down.
Pages:
Jump to: