Pages:
Author

Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down? - page 45. (Read 34295 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I think if internet goes down bitcoin will never exist again, because bitcoin itself earned by online and internet. if internet goes down, so no people can't access their bitcoin again.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

I think paper wallet will be use if its happens that you can transfer it into another pc or laptop..
But i think it will not happen because internet is the half of my life without it i will die..
of course it would be complicated if you use a paper wallet? for now, the Internet plays an important role, for the sustainability of the transaction in bitcoin

if the internet goes down. the entire blockchain ceases to exist right, there will be different versions that can't be verified so the whole system fails. am I wrong?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500

I think paper wallet will be use if its happens that you can transfer it into another pc or laptop..
But i think it will not happen because internet is the half of my life without it i will die..
of course it would be complicated if you use a paper wallet? for now, the Internet plays an important role, for the sustainability of the transaction in bitcoin
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is how do we trade bitcoin during this time if we can't access internet.

home internet and mobile internet goes down
Bitcoin network completely breaks down. no hash power, no node. no confirmation, then we have to go cash, like dollar, euro.
You forgot gold, silver, juwelery, whatever that has some value. Maybe you can sell your body if you have no paper money or value things. Be prepared for it should i say. We definatly gonna get crisis at the world.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

home internet and mobile internet goes down

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away
bitcoin is stay on wallet and exchange,they can't be use for transaction or transfer,the only one can doing with bitcoin is use papper wllet and create scanner for transafer,and it will make bitcoin stay alive without internet,or transfered via bluetooth maybe Grin
Activity: 252
The scenario like this should be covered soon by stakeholder of bitcoin because who's know this will happened in the future.
I myself guess if internet goes down so do bitcoin. Anybody have discussed how to backing up the situation like this? Imean the stakeholder.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
i have the perfect example here, and the answer is nothing

the day before yesterday i was unable to connect for the whole day, in that case if you have nothing to buy you're fine like it was for me, if you need to buy something urgent it may be a problem

a fuction that make it possible to send bitcoin in delay, so you receive the good and then the payment will be released, would coem in hand for those times
Offer escrow, receive negative trust
we have to do is, how that bitcoin could be used for offline, what is that possible ?
internet is the half of my life without it i will die..

You won't die, because you'll still have that other half.  You'll adapt to a world without internet, and learn how to replace certain activities you perform online in the real world.  Sounds like you need a vacation to some remote location that has no satellite service!

This isn't the matrix dude - the internet has only been mainstream for what, 20-30 years?  I'm pretty sure people managed the horrible task of living offline for....however many millennia before that Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
we have to do is, how that bitcoin could be used for offline, what is that possible ?
Activity: 490
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
i think if internet goes down everything will start again  ofcourse BTC too ,
the ideas cant die just change and find new methods

Yes just a one thing will not change everything. It will be hard for that to happen. Bitcoin is a global currency, and has value more than U.S dollars, lots of people prefer Bitcoin, because, Bitcoin is versatile, and being versatile is what makes the value of Bitcoin. The versatile things will withstand any difficulties like internet break down.

Well I don’t think no possibilities to break down the Internet, even if it does break down it will be for a while, and Bitcoin will seize through out the time of break down, and there will be no transaction of bitcoin only at that time. Then bitcoin will work normally once internet gets resumed.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

Yes just a one thing will not change everything. It will be hard for that to happen. Bitcoin is a global currency, and has value more than U.S dollars, lots of people prefer Bitcoin, because, Bitcoin is versatile, and being versatile is what makes the value of Bitcoin. The versatile things will withstand any difficulties like internet break down.
Activity: 756
I don't bite.
This is the same question that will be asked when the bank system fails. There will be no more Bitcoin transactions when the internet goes down.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
I don't know what of this topic which is full of funny replies there it is impossible to go down the whole internet set up around the globe so that i don't think we need that kind replies here about what happen or not this looking totally out of mind.

Yes you are right. Bitcoin can never seize, and the Internet will never break down, it’s totally impossible, no one can break down the Internet, so, Bitcoin will continue to exist.
Because there are multiple format for keeping the internet alive always. This is the power of distributed network computing.
Offer escrow, receive negative trust
If the internet gos down will use (IPoAC) IP over Avian Carriers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_over_Avian_Carriers

with a packet loss ratio of 55% (due to user error)

this technology suffers from poor latency

Cheesy This is GOLD, LOL

What's the point of implementing packets through pigeons though?  Just send whatever damn message as a whole and save the bird a few flights

I wrote an article about pigeons in Damascus - might be interesting to some:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ea1_1397012080

If you really think about it, IP over Avian Carriers might actually serve as a back up one day...let's not hope it comes to that  Shocked
Activity: 308
then it would be impossible to use bitcoins because all the transactions and the mining process happens with the help of the internet i guess then we would have to wait till the internet would be fixed and brought back to our everyday use

Yeah that is really true, lets just hope that doesn't happen to bitcoin.
With out  internet bitcoin won't be big an issues, but other stuff will be more issue like social networking or other things.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 586
then it would be impossible to use bitcoins because all the transactions and the mining process happens with the help of the internet i guess then we would have to wait till the internet would be fixed and brought back to our everyday use

Until the restoration of internet what will happen?
If Bitcoin network breaks down then we will go for cash. But, it will be very bad, because lots of people will end up loosing the money they invested in bitcoin. It should not happen for the sake of God.
Activity: 406
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1032
The first thing is that internet is not going anywhere .. It will be here always.
If internet goes down then there will be no miner running and the difficulty will starts decreasing ..
No nodes ... Nothing .. And if internet goes permanently then bitcoin will die ;-(
Pages:
Jump to: