Pages:
Author

Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down? - page 51. (Read 34295 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 250
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is how do we trade bitcoin during this time if we can't access internet.

home internet and mobile internet goes down
In the case of nuclear war you have other things to worry about  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is how do we trade bitcoin during this time if we can't access internet.

Will we even survive after a nuclear war? satellite internet might work for those who survive lol
Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
If something like that happens, then you will need to use your fiat currency or gold or any other precious metals. I don't even think about this scenario. It's too far away, if ever.

Exactly. That's why we need to use fiat and Bitcoin in todays world. Somethings Bitcoin can't do compared to fiat and vise versa. We need to have some variety in the world.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
If the internet goes down, Bitcoin is rendered useless, you pretty much can't do anything. But I doubt that the internet will ever go down, as in like fully shutdown across the whole world.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
see it as avacation from tradins, since not only you but everyone else can not trade, so you did not lose anything that day by not trading

or are you an obsessed trader that must trade everyday?
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
If something like that happens, then you will need to use your fiat currency or gold or any other precious metals. I don't even think about this scenario. It's too far away, if ever.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
face to face trades? Of course there must be a way to broadcast the transaction anyways. And as said on previous topics, if there is no internet service, we probably have bigger things to worry about.
Activity: 593
Merit: 250

Bitcoin network completely breaks down. no hash power, no node. no confirmation, then we have to go cash, like dollar, euro.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away
Pages:
Jump to: