Pages:
Author

Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down? - page 3. (Read 34295 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 101
If the internet services goes down or shutdown; there will be a big and serious problem that the company and management of bitcoin will face.
I think they should consider offline wallet in order to solution this problem incase this thing happen .
Yes your opinion is true and I agree with your opinion.
It's over if the internet service starts to jam because it can automatically block the way bitcoin to be our source of income each month. So I think if bitcoin service starts to jam then we should really take coin coin that there is a trumpet and then we sell all before there is news about internet jams.
Activity: 163
Merit: 1
Internet is a necessity for transacting bitcoin. If there is no internet then bitcoin will freeze because you will not be able to do what you want. Also, you will be updated in the market price so you will not if you are earning or lossing.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
It's obvious that it's useless  butinternet is like the air, food and water now. It's part of our daily lives and it is going to be permanent as long as we live so bitcoin will never be useless because internet will always exist.
Activity: 210
A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE
The systems for transaction of bitcoin are getting used from all over the world. So if the internet goes down from a area then the transaction will happen from the resources placed in other areas. But if you are from the victim area then you will not be able to use bitcoin as its digital currency and internet and light are prerequisites to use it.
Activity: 34
Merit: 1
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

home internet and mobile internet goes down

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away

I am amazed as I read an article regarding  internet is shutdown. When the internet is down,  miners could potentially develop a radio frequency communication channel, or even take transactions by mail. You could mail your signed transaction to the miner, with the address of the recipient, then the miner would verify the transaction and send a confirmation mail to you and the receiver. As inefficient as that sounds, it would still be a way to transact Bitcoins without the use of the Internet.
I thought if there is no internet it is already impossible to process bitcoin transaction or it is the end of bitcoin.
 https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/themerkle.com/what-would-happen-to-bitcoin-if-the-internet-was-shut-down/amp/
Activity: 588
Merit: 101
If the internet goes down of course it will create chaos, nobody can access to bitcoin so there is no transaction, maybe many will turn to gold or other precious metals investment.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0

If the Internet  goes down because of nuclear war then you might not left with most of the resources to spend on and there will be more bigger issues than bitcoin.

Activity: 70
it will definitely crash down together with internet. Bitcoin solely survives thru the internet. Without internet, cryptocurrencies will have no platform for any activity since Bitcoins have no physical counterparts.
Activity: 699
Merit: 438
If the internet services goes down or shutdown; there will be a big and serious problem that the company and management of bitcoin will face.
I think they should consider offline wallet in order to solution this problem incase this thing happen .
Activity: 101
Merit: 12
If the internet goes down, Bitcoin is rendered useless, you pretty much can't do anything. The Internet is so widely used today, worldwide, that a total collapse would set us back for decades!

I think the network can not collapse, and now it is the digital world. There are not many things that can not be done online. It can be said that the world can not be separated from the Internet.
Activity: 12
If the internet goes down, Bitcoin is rendered useless, you pretty much can't do anything. The Internet is so widely used today, worldwide, that a total collapse would set us back for decades!
Activity: 378
I think no happen with internet, because it's era of crypto currency now. So, nothing happen with bitcoin. I suppose that this news is way of people who dislike to bitcoin that want to make it lower so as that the users of bitcoin feels panic.
Activity: 84
I'm sure that internet will not go down. However, to answer your question, what will happen is Bitcoin will fall also. Why? Because Bitcoin can't be used without internet. It is that simple. Internet is the place where Bitcoin lives and plays around.

I agree with you.. they are the inseparable things. And it's reallY an impossible thing if internet will go down..
Activity: 196
as long as internet is there bitcoin will be alive so bitcoin vs internet so no country can ban bitcoin
Activity: 6
if that happens nothing will happen, it will like just freeze the whole system, everything can be recovered anyway.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
I'm sure that internet will not go down. However, to answer your question, what will happen is Bitcoin will fall also. Why? Because Bitcoin can't be used without internet. It is that simple. Internet is the place where Bitcoin lives and plays around.
Activity: 238
At first I don't believed that internet will be soon goes down but in case it will happen I think the percentage of bitcoin users will also goes down because we all know that this bitcoin will be used with an internet connection and without this it will not function .
It wont drop, it’ll become exactly 0 unless a backup network is setup to mitigate this bullshit lmao, everything takes a hit
Activity: 238
Bitcoin will goes down also becuase bitcoin has no physical appearrance. But if they invented a physical wallet and the device that can transfer bitcoin without internet bitcoin will not dissappear
That’s impossible to do that lol, the whole reason BITCOIN is secure is cause of the third party confirms and not anything else
Activity: 392
I think that bitcoin is related to internet so if internet goes down , bitcoin network will not work again . It will be a big problem for us because without the internet the system can not work.
We have much much much bigger things to worry about than BITCOIN and cryptocurrency if Internet goes down lmao
Activity: 390
if internet goes down we can't use bitcoin for transaction. when you using bitcoin you need internet and the miners for to make transaction on blockchain network
Pages:
Jump to: