Pages:
Author

Topic: What happens to your Bitcoin when you Die? - page 32. (Read 5108 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 2
Really interesting question.

Backup wallets/passphrases on an encrypted drive with instructions on how to use.

The encryption key would then need to be in your Last Will and testament, it could also be written in that said wallets are opened with all beneficiaries.

Depends how much you have really.
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
oooops really Shocked can we lend our coins to our relations when we die Cry
No, the one that has control of the private keys is the owner of the bitcoin, if your husband or wife knows your private keys then it is like having a joint account in the bank but if both of you die at the same time in an accident all your bitcoin is going to be lost.
Activity: 127
Merit: 10
Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?
Do you want to take your Bitcoin with you when you're gone?

Let me hear it from your own opinions...

Well , it will sent to my partner in life because he knows my private key and especially my family.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
The best way to solve this issue is to put everything on a Ledger and leave some instructions (and especially the seed) to your relatives.

It seems like the best way to provide a good and provide very detailed instructions for the family to understand.
Activity: 84
Merit: 3
since I joined in bitcoin I already told my husband about things related to bitcoin including my key, if bad things happen to me, my asset ownership in bitcoin automatically switches to him
Activity: 338
Merit: 102
Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?

well we are a big family and  they know how to get on bitcoin thats why if something will happen to me or if i will gone they know my account and they will be the one to continue what i did.
Activity: 756
Merit: 252

You cannot give to them your private keys, this is a rule, you can teach them the process or recovering coins with an empty wallet and make a video with the instructions, but you need to keep your private keys private and have them hidden in a place where only a persons of absolute trust can access them.
Activity: 1015
Merit: 289
The best way to solve this issue is to put everything on a Ledger and leave some instructions (and especially the seed) to your relatives.
Activity: 364
Merit: 13
This actually could be a problem for those who havent shared their information with loved ones.
Interesting what happens if one has money in their exchange and loses their phone but has their password and email ( in case of 2 level authentication)
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
When you die, the information about the Bitcoin purse has not been left to the relatives, the entire Bitcoin number will not be used. So now, if you own Bitcoin or any coin in the cryptocurrency market, the advice is you should back up your electronic wallet and related stuff like the private key, the JSON file to a place that relatives can find. This will help relatives use the amount of property you leave instead of completely losing that amount of coins.
Activity: 98
If I die, I think my bitcoins will still be there in my wallet because except from me, there's no other people who knows my password in my wallet.
But it raises a good question.. I should make some secret paper for my family with the codes
Activity: 287
I keep my bitcoins in my private wallet. I have to make it as part of my will and hide the private key in a book somewhere which I will direct my children to look into it to unlock my wallet and receive my bitcoins.
Activity: 210
People who have a big wealth generally write a commandment before their death to devide their property. It is a great solution and I maybe apply it in the next few months.
Because bitcoin value is very high and it will higher and higher in the upcoming years. So I want that my family have my wallet.
Activity: 126
It kind of depends on what are you going to do. You have to anticipate your death even if you are still young. When you did not do anything, your bitcoin will forever be there. Your bitcoin will not be gone or lost when you die. It's just going to be in your wallet, forever. You might want to actually print out a paper that's a step by step procedure of how your family member can claim your hard earned bitcoins. And then give that paper to someone (idk what it's called) that will give that paper to your family when you die. Be careful though and make it seem like a normal last will and not some step by step tutorial because the guy might check it out.
get legal to help you create a document with instructions and keys and everything needed to access and have your family inherit your BTC wealth as well as any other wealth
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
This  is one of the questions that's very intriguing. What if you have a good amount of BTC in your wallet, since it will stay forever in your wallet that means that the amount of BTC that you own is lost in the circulation?

Well i guess there should always be someone accountable for your account.
Activity: 424
Merit: 108
Well, it will be sent to my children or relatives, I guess  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

How could they do that? Unless you're going to give them your keys. Bitcoin is decentralized and no one will ever care and pass it on your relatives. When you lose your keys then you lose your money, and when we die, when it happens then they couldn't get whatever cryptocurrencies we have.
I will not let mg bitcoin to be unused i will let my family know about my private keys and other passcodes that can access my bitcoin. I will also let them know before i die on how to manage it well. I will teach them to invest or to trade tokens coming from signature campaigns.
Activity: 322
My husband has an access to my wallet and other account so whatever happens to me he can get through it. But for now he respect my privacy and doesn't ask for any of my money.

We also did similar arrangement. my partner has access to my wallets and I have access to her wallets.
More than that I also have printed versions in a safe place in case of worse scenario so my beloved people can use it if something happens to me.
Activity: 266

Of course I teach my family how to access and use my Bitcoin. So when I die, I leave a bitcoin that my family can use. But if I do not teach my family how to access the bitcoin I have, all my hard work will be in vain.
Activity: 294
If anything happens to me in future then my love ones or my family members will get that bitcoins. I had already taught my family how to operate different wallets and they had gained all knowledge which to be needed to handle cryptocurrency.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
My family will take it
Pages:
Jump to: