Pages:
Author

Topic: WHAT IF the GOVERNMENT wins over BITCOIN? - page 33. (Read 2549 times)

Activity: 211
Merit: 1
We find under a lot of pressure from the States. Governments have no interest in allowing people to freely dispose of their money. All of us are forcibly driven into the banks. Who doesn't have a Bank card now? After the appearance of bitcoin, people get out of control. This is the main reason that governments do not want to legalize cryptocurrencies.

You're right about that. Freedom is the main reason why many are into cryptocurrency. They have their own decisions over their money. Except with --uhm-- fees from exchanges.
They can't stop the network, but they can FUD the price around that's for sure. If the SEC, Trump or anyone else with power made a tweet that was pro-bitcoin it would pump, but it they made a negative tweet it would dump... who can't really deny this?

But as far as the technology goes, they can't stop it. The price drop would also be temporary. Bitcoin will always go to all time highs long term, without without government's approval. It will be a success that's embraced by governments, or it will be a success as an underground asset. And I doubt all governments will have the same opinion about bitcoin so you will always be able to move to a bitcoin-friendly country and buy your properties on there with it. Just be sure to be able to explain how you obtained your bitcoin. If you can't explain how you obtained them (with proof) then no government will allow you to buy anything with it other than small purchases able to go under the radar.

I totally agree with you. Thank you. It lessened my worries.

I am a believer of Bitcoin and I acquired physical investments because of it. I'm not saying that the government will win, but if someone play dirty with this regulatory issue, and do whatever they can over this, I will stay an investor. And keeping my family secured is still an objective.
Activity: 406
Merit: 256
We find under a lot of pressure from the States. Governments have no interest in allowing people to freely dispose of their money. All of us are forcibly driven into the banks. Who doesn't have a Bank card now? After the appearance of bitcoin, people get out of control. This is the main reason that governments do not want to legalize cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 106
Available for rent
Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

These regulations also have a lot of advantages. Since they are putting restrictions on those suspicious ICOs the money of a lot of investors will be saved. Also, these fraud coins also hamper the image of bitcoins. Some of the people label whole crypto as scam because of these coins.
Activity: 266
Merit: 32
It is said now China is a cashless society. US dollar, Euro, UK pound, Chinese Yuan, Japanese Yen, Indian Rupee and others are digital currency when you pay at shops, bills, online shopping by credit cards or debit cards.

Who says Bitcoin is the only digital currency ??

There is Water Filters store (commercial systems also with 10,000 gallons/day pure water capacity) on my Twitter page. See it (below) to know how international payments and buying is done with digital currency.

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
They can't stop the network, but they can FUD the price around that's for sure. If the SEC, Trump or anyone else with power made a tweet that was pro-bitcoin it would pump, but it they made a negative tweet it would dump... who can't really deny this?

But as far as the technology goes, they can't stop it. The price drop would also be temporary. Bitcoin will always go to all time highs long term, without without government's approval. It will be a success that's embraced by governments, or it will be a success as an underground asset. And I doubt all governments will have the same opinion about bitcoin so you will always be able to move to a bitcoin-friendly country and buy your properties on there with it. Just be sure to be able to explain how you obtained your bitcoin. If you can't explain how you obtained them (with proof) then no government will allow you to buy anything with it other than small purchases able to go under the radar.
Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided
Pages:
Jump to: