Pages:
Author

Topic: WHAT IF the GOVERNMENT wins over BITCOIN? - page 5. (Read 2516 times)

Activity: 62
Merit: 0
There is no benefit from the ban of bitcoin actually. Transactions will pass to the black market. Instead the state can impose a tax and get from it profit.
Activity: 196
Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

The government of all countries is trying to take control of the sphere of cryptology. But I think this process will not be fast. We have enough time to earn bitcoin and take care of its safety and application.
Activity: 240
Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

Freedom is indeed one of the beauty of crypto. However, due to this freedom, fraudulent acts are also rampant. Which gives a bad impression to the commoners. Regulating crypto would have an advantage of minimizing scams. This is for the improvement of the safety and security of crypto.
Activity: 60

These regulations also have a lot of advantages. Since they are putting restrictions on those suspicious ICOs the money of a lot of investors will be saved. Also, these fraud coins also hamper the image of bitcoins. Some of the people label whole crypto as scam because of these coins.

Yes, just if the win against the bitcoin government differs from the bitcoin rules that they will correct the ico scummed so that the investment in bitcoin investors will not be much cheaper if we get to know the giverno.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
If the goverment prevails upon bitcoin and they will manage it, I must choose the option to withstand every one of the laws and controls. I won't surrender my bitcoins, it will wind up like our nearby cash that could be utilized as installments to stuffs and administrations. I figure it will give them trouble on the grounds that bitcoin is decentralized, perhaps they can control the stage trade and ought to apply for permit before they can work.
Activity: 374
Merit: 100
I do not see the government getting successful with their idea to fully ban the bitcoin, I would assume they include some tax later for the cinvertation of bitcoin into regular money but nothing more.
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
www.daxico.com
Then so be it since the government has its power to impose what they think what is right and good for the country. But as long as they will not ban it and only regulates it for them to tax all crypto earnings for anyone, there's no problem about it.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
Bitcoin is the currency of this age
Government cannot ban Bitcoin, government regulations and policy, migth just not be favourable as they will want to always have a share in the BTC stake, Thou its quit very good to ensure your profit is being converted to fiat for physical investment, as the space is evolving and different policy will keep emerging
Activity: 78
On that situation,people on that country will have nothing to do anymore. They should obey all implemented laws of their government. But there's a possibility that in the future they will realize the true value of the bitcoin,and it will lead to the government will revised the law and bitcoin will be legalized for the benifits of the people.
Activity: 210
If governments oppose and ban bitcoin then it is possible for governments of all nations to join and agree on bans on bitcoin worldwide, or even rule on the IMF and the UN. If that had happened then this is really over. This is the end of bitcoin.
Activity: 28
I don't think they'll "win" over bitcoin. They'll simply, IMO, have some level of control. Because it is absolutely certain that the government will compete in this progressively globalized cyber age through the use of cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 157
I think one of the main reasons a government want to control anything is the desire to profit from it.

Regulations may come be introduced in regard to trading, money laundering and taxation, but it doesn't profit a government to crash the price. Once they're invested, they'll want to see the price rise, and if anyone can influence a price rise, it's a government that reversed it's position on FUD and starts hyping it to the masses
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
I don't think it can ever happen....Government can only wins over bitcoin if only they know the real inventor of bitcoin which they can't... Satoshi is anonymous which will makes it hard for Government to have control or stop bitcoin currency.
Even if Satoshi is revealed there is nothing the government can do to stop it, it has grown from that situation, they can restrict the flow of money but they cannot do anything to stop this peer to peer model. I would like to see the governments coming together and come up with a regulation that would protect the users from scammers rather than thinking about shut it down.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
At my opinion government can't win over bitcoin nowadays, if people want to use cryptocurrencies governments would be probably listen or will get problems...
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
We are under great pressure from the countries. The guidelines are not interested in allowing people to freely dispose of their money. All of us are forcibly driven into banks.
Activity: 9
My thoughts over this matter is this, if ever government wins over crypto then it will defeat the purpose of bitcoin being created. I'm not sure but if this happens then bitcoins value will drop since it will be controlled by somebody, and if this happens, the question will be which country will have the greatest power over crypto? Guess that will mean war like for the oil countries and rich resources islands.
Activity: 140
I don't think it can ever happen....Government can only wins over bitcoin if only they know the real inventor of bitcoin which they can't... Satoshi is anonymous which will makes it hard for Government to have control or stop bitcoin currency.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
The government has a role in the state economy. Bitcoin is growing with the support of the country's own government. The more countries that legalize bitcoin so bitcoin prices will be high but it all takes a long time to be realized thoroughly later. We hope that the government can give us a decent life so that our future will be evenly organized without any coherence from each other. Cool
Activity: 104
I am sure the government and bitcoin will be together in the future, the government will indeed contribute to this cryptocurrancy. the government makes regulations so that every transaction also benefits from tax transactions.
Activity: 71
Off to a bad start I see! Deflation is Off to a not falling prices, it's a contraction of the supply of money and credit which is usually a result of widespread defaults on existing loans. There simply isn't enough money in the system to pay back the debt, so the money supply needs to grow nominally at least at the rate of interest. Interest rates are 2%, we need 2% inflation. This is built into the currency and banking system. Falling prices are NOT deflation. Prices could fall for dozens of reasons and prices can rise for dozens of reasons having nothing to do with inflation or deflation. Just like Inflation is a measurement of the increase in money supply, so is deflation a measurement of the contraction of the money supply.
Pages:
Jump to: