Pages:
Author

Topic: WHAT IF the GOVERNMENT wins over BITCOIN? - page 10. (Read 2516 times)

Activity: 304
Merit: 100
There are no doubts that if all countries manage to ban the bitcoin they will have benefits from it since this crypto currency is impossible to control.
Activity: 149
Merit: 0
Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

For me if government takes over bitcoin then only the name is retained and everything else is change. It's essence will be lost and cryptocurrency will never be the same. No more freedom everything is controlled..
Activity: 2
No matter what the government will do, they cannot win over bitcoin because all of the transactions of bitcoin is through internet using blockchain technology. BTC will only be stopped if there is no internet in the whole world.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
If the government wins the bitcoin then the bitcoin may be less used. Bitcoin will not be the official currency for daily use as predicted by experts. In some countries like Vietnam the government recommends not to play bitcoin to avoid losing money.
I think the government has already won against cryptocurreny? there is no need to confirm that the government is a superpower who has anything to do, including banning bitcoin? the rules for bitcoin could be applied and bitcoin can not do anything? government won
Activity: 173
Merit: 10
we can not help prevent the government from dealing with the bitcoin field because of the amount it hits but still we still need to be positive about the things we do because bitcoin we hope so we should not let the government win if it is right let's get bitcoin so it's hard not to lose bitcoin because I believe it.
Activity: 30
We find under a lot of pressure from the States.
You should always try to reach a point where you get a return on your investment. If the experiment fail or if governments otherwise.Governments have no interest in allowing people to freely dispose of their money. All of us are forcibly driven into the banks. Who doesn't have a Bank card now? After the appearance of bitcoin, people get out of control. This is the main reason that governments do not want to legalize cryptocurrencies. I also little by little put aside my income to invest with physical properties. Because as you say, no one knows what will happen in the future. We expect the best, for others also do not ignore about what our friends say above. We can earn only from the world of crypto, but do not get too fixated, we still have a real world that we must live.

Activity: 854
Merit: 104
Regulation of circulation of crypto currency simultaneously with the decision of the issue of its legalization and definition of the status is inevitable. At the same time, the issue of taxation of the crypto currency will also be solved. Therefore, of course, it will be better to withdraw some of the earned funds from the crypto currency in fiat, in order to avoid taxation.
However, such regulation should not be feared. Without this, the crypto currency will not be able to develop further.
Activity: 504
ONe Social Network.
If the governments win then we can expect the worse, as there will be heavy regulations on the coin, hindering its progress an growth of Bitcoins, which is something the cryptocurrency industry may not like as much. we however hope for the best, that even if the government wins, there will be a considerable agreement and come to a fair conclusion
Activity: 154
I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue.

it is understandable to be worried about what the government is going to do about bitcoin and what kind of regulations they are going to put in place, but at the same time i believe that it doesn't have to be against the "freedom" either. regulations can be good too, they can help the growth, they can prevent a lot of crimes and besides we are living in a world of regulations already. it is not such a bad thing to have it for bitcoin too as long as they are not ridiculous ones.

We are living under the good laws and regulations if government wins  I think they made laws to be implies for different currencies such we are doing here in bitcoin for the progress of the country they put us in a proper response of what we are  aiming to reach.
Activity: 364
Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

If having control over cryptocurrencies is possible, and the governments have finally placed their hands on the crypto rudder, all we can do is follow. I mean, you simply can't go against the captain's steering in the middle of the sea! Resistance is good if we just want to send out a message.  But if it causes chaos throughout the crypto system, then it would be better for us to shut up. Though the system is stable and the possibility of manipulating it or governments having full control is still far fetched, it would be wise to prepare ourselves for this in case it happens.
Activity: 283
My opinion is more optimistic. I believe that governments will not be able to ban digital currencies for a long time. Because of this, in the near future will begin a competition for leading positions between the countries in economic matters. And you will have to legalize cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 266
Governments cannot destroy bitcoin itself because of its decentralized nature. However, they can control and restrict its use in their jurisdiction.
Activity: 294
That will never happen. Average Everyone in this world supports bitcoin. The government will not be able to fight the people who many more many who support bitcoin.
Activity: 224
If that happens then the big possibility it bitcoin will be tax in all parts of the world. Then if the governments have the ability to control bitcoin then its value will became atable also. And all icos will be registered to avoid scam.
Activity: 546
If one day the government wins over Bitcoin it will certainly be bad news for Bitcoin. Bitcoin will be inhabited by its devotees and the price of Bitcoin will definitely drop dramatically. This is a sign of Bitcoin's death and there are no more people around the world who use Bitcoin as a means of transactions or investment assets. I do not want this to happen sometime in the future.
Activity: 224
The government and the countries will never be able to stop the revolutionary technologies of blockchain, because these new technologies bring freedom, transparency and development for the society.
Activity: 179
Nothing will be able to prevent you or anyone else from using Bitcoin, and that will never change. Governments can and should acknowledge Bitcoin's presence, and know that it is here to stay. Governments want to stop money laundering and other criminal activities, but the main reason is that they want to tax cryptocurrencies and keep control. If government declares it as illegal then BTC transactions in that particular country will be stopped and people will have no way to change BTC into their respective currency. If government declared it as legal then some regulations will be imposed on it.
Activity: 490
Merit: 258
I have read the OP and you seem to have a point there. Now, in my case, if the government wins over bitcoin (for whatever that means) then nothing has to change. Same old game, but its just regulated and taxed... the oldies won't worry about that, we have plenty of bitcoins anyway. Sell it to the noobs and let them be taxed, let's enjoy the profit and die.
Activity: 585
If the government wins the bitcoin then the bitcoin may be less used. Bitcoin will not be the official currency for daily use as predicted by experts. In some countries like Vietnam the government recommends not to play bitcoin to avoid losing money.
Activity: 350
Merit: 14

For me, government impossibly win over this cryptocurrency! Government try to defeat btc several times but they can't because we still support and love it. Pointedly, people who loved and benefited this cryptocurrency won't let happened to defeat this and beside this crypto running through internet.
Pages:
Jump to: