Pages:
Author

Topic: WHAT IF the GOVERNMENT wins over BITCOIN? - page 8. (Read 2516 times)

Activity: 688
Merit: 106
Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

A harsher treatment for cryptocurrency only gives me more will to continue in working in this industry. Cryptocurrency is an innovation that needs to stay decentralized and free from any political ties. It is sad that our community are being treated this way but I still have faith that one day everybody will finally realized the good it can do for for our economy.
Activity: 299
Merit: 14
I still hope that the government of all States will have enough brains not to prohibit cryptocurrency. This is a unique technology that will transform our world, and it should be adopted.
Activity: 144
Merit: 0
as far as technology goes, they can not stop it. The price drop will also be temporary. Bitcoin will always go into all-time highs, without without government approval. It will be a success adopted by the government, or will succeed as an underground asset. And I doubt all governments will have the same opinion about bitcoin so you will always be able to move to a bitcoin-friendly country and buy your property there with it. Be sure to be able to explain how you obtained your bitcoin. If you can not explain how you are getting bitcoin then ready for government will ban the sale and purchase of bitcoin itself.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
I think that's impossible or so hard for government in the world to control crypto currency. But, nobody to knows what will happen tomorrow except if each of government in a country create their own crypto currency to be used.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
Till they have the power of word (they actually did and will have it), they are able to manipulate the prices for their needs just by talking trash about crypto.
Activity: 90
it would be a good idea for the people. people would have lived better, but not everyone has bitcoin.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
The concept developed for bitcoin is very demanding concept. It is called Blockchain. When we consider nature and the architecture of Blockchain, it is really untraceable and maintains anonymity. For reducing illegal things of Bitcoin, it is possible to introduce governing mechanism and specific rules and regulations. However those will not eliminate the illegal things totally. Only possible thing is reducing illegal things.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 589
Government does not want to end Bitcoin as the result for ending the future or the opportunity it could give to people who wants to earn. Government much more needs to go in with the system of Bitcoin because it could help on the development of the market that could give a wide scale opportunity for people and for the Economy to grow. I think cryptocurreny acceptance is a must for government for them to facilitate it's system it to used it for the benefit of the many.
Activity: 667
Merit: 1
Its evident that its worrysome as the crypto space is faced with regulations and scrutiny by the SEC. The need for this is to curtail scams and loss of investment by investors. The government are aware of the importance of blockchain technology and cryptocurrency. Its evident that this technology is going to take over the world., should incase bitcoins dies, the technology is never ending.
Activity: 98
bitcoin are banned over his country.
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
It is possible that many governments want to take advantage of this technology, but considering that it is a currency that can not be controlled because its management depends on the whole community, it is difficult for them to take control, what could be seen is that they take control of exchanges creating restrictions on trade.

Yes correct. Here in the Philippines our Central Bank is looking into the Technology behind cryptocurreny or bitcoin as it will help to streamline and make many aspects of the Government processes better and efficient.
Activity: 798
Merit: 121
Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

Bitcoin is independent from any governing countries and I like it to remain that way. If the government gains control over bitcoin, they will put tax on it and additional layers of third parties. This would make the industry no different with fiat because it removes its feature being decentralized. I hope that this event would never happen and I wish bitcoin will remain independent.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
if the government wins on bitcoin, the government will master all the use of bitcoin and will issue a law on the use of bitcoin, until the tax on each transaction will be appeal by the government.
  traders will experience a lack of input because of the impact of the rules rules made by the government .. this is the impact for us ...
Activity: 112
No government can win over Bitcoin. How do you stop a digital currency?. To do that you probably need to cut all access to the internet and that will never happen
Activity: 62
Merit: 4
Tje situation of the governements is difficult. The crypto are an economical risk. And in the same time, the governements have to be attractive for blockchains, crypto, etc. in case of the crypto become the next revolution.
Activity: 98
If the government beats bitcoin, then bitcoin development will be more difficult. The possibility of bitcoin will be dramatically reduced if many governments resist or beat bitcoin.
Activity: 140
If the scenario can access Bitcoin for a transaction, and in this case we will not be able to dilute Bitcoin or buy Bitcoin with fiat currency. However, even in that case, a person may apply to send his Bitcoin funds in a legal state and sell them online, then receive payment in the form of currency required abroad.
Activity: 63
For me it is impossible to happen that government can govern bitcoin or all crypto currency in over their jurisdiction. Bitcoin was decentralized and that's all can give whole meaning that no government can manage the network.
Activity: 84
In my opinion Government can increase taxes that's all and makes banned . But I think Government never wins bitcoins,it is too much stronger.
Activity: 59
now the technology can not be defeated in any way, progress will not be stop, crypto anarchists will not allow the state to control bitocoin Cool
Pages:
Jump to: