Pages:
Author

Topic: What if US Dollar Crashes? - page 40. (Read 57086 times)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
December 07, 2015, 01:38:05 PM
Then bitcoin will go to the MOON !!!

That is a completely wrong idea.
Bitcoins price is dependent on the USD.
If the USD crashes BTC is doomed.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 27, 2015, 11:10:05 PM
Then bitcoin will go to the MOON !!!
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
November 27, 2015, 10:25:54 PM
I was thinking about this, what if the US Dollar crashes like speculated by many renowned economists around the world?
What will be it's affects on the beloved currency, BTC?
it will just mean BTC price goes UP and UP and UP ....
up because value of USD goes down
up because USD holders want to move to new currency
IT is only GOOD for btc!!
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
November 27, 2015, 08:54:43 PM
All that are saying that it is not possible for the us dollar to collapse is bogus and no realistic.
With the amount of debt that the country holds and it is not having it not backed by anything (not even bad mortgages) like gold or the hedge funds, where do you think the American dollar will be in the next 10 years?
I don't think there is any nation that will bail out the US as China has already held them up from collapsing long enough. They have their own countries financial problems to take care off.
Activity: 672
Merit: 503
November 27, 2015, 08:11:14 PM
If you are here it means you will be good when the dollar collapses, you should have a big advantage over the average joe whose is completely ignorant about what's going on in the world, he will not even have gold as a safe haven, let alone Bitcoin, therefore fomo sets in and you become rich.
Activity: 210
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
November 27, 2015, 11:46:21 AM
I don't think that the us dollar can crash as it is the most popular currency in the world, but the inflation will destroy and decrease the value of one dollar gradually
It has crashed before but I believe it can take a hit if that ever happens
legendary
Activity: 1232
November 27, 2015, 11:18:20 AM
As long as US remains as the most powerful and influential Country in the World, I believe Dollar will not crash and will be replaced with something else.

If there are multiple blocks (US, Russia, EU, China, etc) fighting for political supremacy, there is a good chance that the USD might not be hold its position as the top currency of this world.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012
November 26, 2015, 07:32:49 PM
Rise to the heights of development hard and long but to slip into the abyss of barbarism is easy. Increasing wars around the globe evoke disturbing thoughts.
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
November 26, 2015, 06:01:12 PM
What if we back to barter times...  Grin Grin Grin

Well this will happen only if the planet survives nuclear war in my opinion and then those few lucky ones or even unlucky ones we might say would have all the time in the world to do their barter trading! Smiley
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
November 26, 2015, 07:32:52 AM
What if we back to barter times...  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
November 26, 2015, 06:51:25 AM
If dollar crashes, no worries  Grin
I think it would still be able to recover.  Grin

And until it does, what do you expect the world to do?
Do you expect the Sheikhs to accept dollars for their oil and wait for it to recover?
Do you think no other currency will be able to step up and take its place?

they will accept euro, in the maintime, or cny or the biggest fiat after dollars, it's not like there is only dollars out there

but it's better if fiat collapse because it was "sucked" into bitcoin, than in another way, so we have a real global currency to use

Haha what an irony this would be if we all would embrace Euro just for this house of cards to fall apart right away after! This would be really something!
Activity: 742
Merit: 502
Circa 2010
November 26, 2015, 04:07:24 AM
I don't think that the us dollar can crash as it is the most popular currency in the world, but the inflation will destroy and decrease the value of one dollar gradually

It can take a significant beating however. Take the 2008 GFC - the value of the USD plummeted against most of the major currencies and only stabilised around '11/'12 and started making a recovery.

In theory it could completely collapse if something catastrophic happened (i.e. US was nuked) and investors lost confidence in America - but the odds of something like that happening are incredibly low.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
November 26, 2015, 03:51:39 AM
As long as US remains as the most powerful and influential Country in the World, I believe Dollar will not crash and will be replaced with something else.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
November 26, 2015, 03:40:17 AM

Do you expect the Sheikhs to accept dollars for their oil and wait for it to recover?

they will accept euro, in the maintime, or cny or the biggest fiat after dollars, it's not like there is only dollars out there

but it's better if fiat collapse because it was "sucked" into bitcoin, than in another way, so we have a real global currency to use
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115
Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!
November 26, 2015, 03:03:39 AM
It will not exactly affect any value of bitcoin.They are not really mutually exclusive with each other .However the chances of btc going up at the same time is likely to happen since people won't afford to buy any with the prices of dollars crashed. But we all know how crashing of US dollar affects the world economy it will impact all the bitcoin to fiat transactions .
Activity: 868
Merit: 503
November 26, 2015, 02:41:01 AM
I was thinking about this, what if the US Dollar crashes like speculated by many renowned economists around the world?
What will be it's affects on the beloved currency, BTC?

There are multiple reasons why people say things like this.  One, is to control the dollar and the economy itself.  There are more than 50 pages in the latest economy guides that describe the methods by which a group can modify the overall strength or weakness of a given economic sector.  Things like wars and conflict are strong tools, as fear is a motivating factor for many spending sectors.

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
November 26, 2015, 02:35:51 AM
legendary
Activity: 1232
November 26, 2015, 02:18:08 AM

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012
November 25, 2015, 12:10:41 PM

Will be a big disaster and chaos in the financial world and still do not know then how much time will you need to overcome the consequences.
Activity: 154
November 25, 2015, 12:44:03 AM

Pages:
Jump to: