Pages:
Author

Topic: What if US Dollar Crashes? - page 43. (Read 57086 times)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
November 14, 2015, 03:21:20 PM
I was thinking about this, what if the US Dollar crashes like speculated by many renowned economists around the world?
What will be it's affects on the beloved currency, BTC?

Then there will be exchange a bitcoin  - gold   Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050
Khazad ai-menu!
November 14, 2015, 11:40:51 AM
There is no reason why USD would crash now and if it would crash in the future, it will bounce back eventually

Attack of the newbies!  We will win at Waterloo. 
legendary
Khazad ai-menu!
November 14, 2015, 11:40:03 AM
If the dollar will crash it will make a big impact on the whole world

A lot of currencies are depending on the dollar

The impact will be entirely positive.  NO currencies depend on the dollar.  How could a currency depend on the dollar??  That makes no sense at all.

Country like Japan actually borrows money to develop their country and so on..

Is there some logic hidden here?  I don't see it.  Some guys in Japan hats borrow something (bitcoin, rice, dollars, yen, whatever you had in mind) and pay for construction or something.  How does this relate to the totally wrong statement that "The yen depends on the dollar"?  Maybe I need one or the other, they function entirely independently.  Burn one, you'll see: the other...  still exists! 

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015
November 14, 2015, 10:58:02 AM
In that case I don't know if bitcoin price will fall or rise. But if that's happen I guess EURO will step up since they are second most use currency next to dollar. .
Activity: 4
November 14, 2015, 10:51:02 AM
There is no reason why USD would crash now and if it would crash in the future, it will bounce back eventually
Activity: 56
November 14, 2015, 08:44:27 AM

The impact will be entirely positive.  NO currencies depend on the dollar.  How could a currency depend on the dollar??  That makes no sense at all.

Actually every currency is dependent with each other especially in exporting goods. Country like Japan actually borrows money to develop their country and so on..
Activity: 56
November 14, 2015, 08:40:14 AM
Actually, governments are fundamentally incapable of maintaining the value of their currencies. Everything is in debt even the ""mighty"" United States. The currency is competing with other fiat currencies like Euro and Yen and commodities like gold.

If the US dollar crashes, the whole currency fiat will be in anarchy. Every fiat currency is dependent with each other especially US dollar. If it collapses, the first thing is price of commodities like gold will rise sharply. But it will not probaoly lead to the collapse of society, maybe just a huge shift of political power and monetary policy.

In another view, foreign investor and country will stop demanding US dollar, US dollar bond falls, or another meaning that the interest rate will rise. Inflation rate will rise and leading it to another great recession. The government will print as much money to cover it up but the price of daily goods will rise, money in CDs, life savings, literary everything monetary will turn obsolete.

On the other hand, commodities like gold and cryptocurrencies especially BTCitcoin price will increase. These things are not tangible to any government or inflation rate. These things only change with supply and demand. If the US dollar falls and you had some bitcoins on hand, maybe you will become the next millionaire...

It is just my personal opinions.
Activity: 742
Merit: 502
Circa 2010
November 14, 2015, 06:22:20 AM
If the US dollar crashes, bitcoin will most likely crash. This is because most of the bitcoin users are from the US, and with them gone, bitcoin will basically be much, much cheaper, as the americans try to sell their coins to get some sort of cash. Or maybe BTC will go up, they will try to convert their money into bitcoin, and cause a huge price spike.

If the USD devalued - assuming everything else was constant Bitcoin's price compared to USD would actually increase (weakened USD alongside possible increased demand for alternate currencies such as Bitcoin). But in all honestly, for the USD itself to crash would require a combination of extremely improbable events - the USD is a lot less susceptible to rapid movement compared to the stock exchange.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
November 14, 2015, 05:59:04 AM
I was thinking about this, what if the US Dollar crashes like speculated by many renowned economists around the world?

I suppose the price of Bitcoin will drop significantly in this case
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
November 13, 2015, 08:33:51 PM

It is possible, but through what process is the question

Currency's value comes from demand, when economy goes bad, people desperately want more currency, that's why currency will never crash during a recession, they strengthen instead. FED printed 5x more USD without crashing its value, just because exploded demand for USD after financial crisis

So the only possibility that a currency will crash is during hyper inflation. That is also not possible, since banks are holding most of those newly added money supply, they watch inflation carefully and strictly restrict how much money flow into the economy to avoid inflation

Another possibility is that people find some other alternative (for example bitcoin), thus give up using USD. That's also not very likely to happen since most of the people's income is received in the form of USD, unless USD is in a state of hyperinflation, they will keep using USD

Currently we have a huge bond bubble, if those bond can not be paid back and default, it will crash the bond price, cause large loss for investors, but again, that will trigger a shortage of USD, gives bank more reason to create more USD

In a disasters scenario, people will always chase USD, which is the most liquid format of asset, so it is not likely it will crash in any foreseeable future

Good post but  hyperinflation on dollar is possible,if will be high inflation on dollar than will be crash not in dollar but in emerging currencys,that moment btc price will goes up

Dollar may lost his dominance in time,if we talk about fiat money crash, Euro is first on my list and i hope it will happen finally
Activity: 58
November 13, 2015, 05:58:24 PM
If the US dollar crashes, bitcoin will most likely crash. This is because most of the bitcoin users are from the US, and with them gone, bitcoin will basically be much, much cheaper, as the americans try to sell their coins to get some sort of cash. Or maybe BTC will go up, they will try to convert their money into bitcoin, and cause a huge price spike.

It will have the opposite effect. People from around the world and in the US will see the inflation in the US and they will try to protect himself by buying gold, silver and of course bitcoin as well.

No one in their right mind will sell their bitcoins to buy a currency that is going through a hyperinflation. Keep in mind that people can shop with bitcoins and every business will start accepting bitcoins if their customers want to. So the entire dollar economy can shift pretty quickly to gold, silver and bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030
give me your cryptos
November 13, 2015, 05:31:05 PM
legendary
Khazad ai-menu!
November 13, 2015, 12:28:01 PM

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
November 13, 2015, 11:31:14 AM

legendary
Khazad ai-menu!
November 13, 2015, 10:49:24 AM
If the dollar crashes, the internet will definitely be affected which will affect Bitcoin.

This guy is using IP over USD. 
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
November 13, 2015, 10:34:42 AM

I don't think US Dollar might crash. Most of those "renowned economists around the world" are just haters IMO.

But I do think that Bitcoin is a better option in general.
Activity: 361
Merit: 250
November 12, 2015, 08:42:52 PM
If US Dollar crashes I'd be happy since I'm hodling bitcoins!
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
November 12, 2015, 08:41:26 PM
It can only mean good news for Bitcoin. If the fiat currencies system, the natural behaviour in psychology is search for alternatives that operate as much outside the system as possible and Bitcoin is the best option for that in the 21 century.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
November 12, 2015, 07:15:45 PM
US dollar is the world's currency, collapsing of dollar would afect the world's economies and probably pull it down with it. I am not expecting dollar to collapse anytime soon. But U.S. debt now comes to about $60 trillion, it`s something that concerning me more. Many predict that debt will rise, so what will U.S. government do about that is yet to be seen. And it`s not the only country that have a big debt.
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
November 12, 2015, 05:01:05 PM
Just think about what happened in the GFC. Hehehehe. Australia will be higher than USD once again, not 73:100...

If USD dropped, other countries will drop with it, due to their international trade network.
Pages:
Jump to: