Pages:
Author

Topic: What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? - page 3. (Read 4128 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.

Coinbase is one the best Bitcoin wallet. Also, I used BitcoinCore (the base client) or Armory as Sangoku says but it is very very heavy (the client).
Otherwise, I use web wallets like https://blockchain.info/wallet/ because they are convenient (but not necessarily because they are good).

Otherwise, you have hardware-wallets.
Activity: 756
Merit: 12
What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.

Every offline wallet is good, you can search it in google, the only thing you should pay attention is not use your device to surfing suspicious website because virus and key logger will make you lost your wallets or your device.

Offline wallet like hardwallet is good option to store bitcoin if we plan to hold our bitcoin for long term. But if we decide to use others wallet, make sure we are keep our private key safe
Activity: 221
Merit: 5
If you want to hold a coin long term, then first goal are to get it off the exchange you got it from. Get it to your own private wallet, electrum wallets are easy to set up, after you have written down the private keys and saved and made an encrypted password, then you save the wallet file on one or more usb memory devices.
Now you can delete wallet and wallet files from your pc. And it will be save for the future.

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68

Best wallet for long term bitcoin and the one that I prefer is the hardware wallet because you could do back up there. Easy to install are those mobile applications wallet. The worse is web base wallet because as from what I know and we all know that on a web there is a lot of viruses and worms that could exploit your wallet, so its very unsafe to let you use web base wallets for your tokens. Always remember that in www (world wide web) is the place where any people can hack you easily.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
I think one of the most secure pouches that still serves the best user needs is the blockchain, coinbase is also an interesting choice.
Activity: 546
Merit: 102
i think blockchaim wallet is safe and also there are alot of wallet available.coinbase also good and if you want you can use tezor wallet Smiley

coinbase? that's a bad idea
do not save your assets in exchange
it's very risky
have you ever known about the MT.Gox incident? or have you never known it at all?
Activity: 392
Merit: 21
I enjoyed the suggestions of the brothers and this is a great advantage to know the others experiences .
I think they took up the subject from many angles
Whether you're wanting to cold storage  for a long time or not
Whether you want to pay for the cost of storage or you want a free storage.
I think they gave excellent advice on safety
My personal suggestion
1- A paper wallet with safety keys offline.
2-.Trezor
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
For me, the best wallet is the AML BitCoin wallet. AML is the only crypto that cannot be hacked.
That sounds like a new wallet. I hope that you are not using a online wallet because that is a very dangerous method for storage.
Activity: 313
Merit: 1
For the best security, you need cold storage. Cold storage on the blockchain world means devices that are disconnected from the Internet. This is the hardest possible security measure to protect the crypto investment from the interests of hackers.

Even if your wallet falls into the wrong hands, a cold storage solution offers advanced encryption to prevent even the most severe hacking. There are several cold storage solutions available on the market today. They are also referred to as hardware wallets like Ledger Nano S and Trezor.
Activity: 826
Merit: 104
i think blockchaim wallet is safe and also there are alot of wallet available.coinbase also good and if you want you can use tezor wallet Smiley
Activity: 616
Usually, i use Trezor, i think for that moment it's the safiest think. 
if you don't want tospend money, you can try blockchain.info.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
I can suggest you to use paper wallets and put your private keys/mnemonic phrases somewhere offline for safety
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
I would always go for a hardware wallet such as Trezor or Nano. Never ever keep your Bitcoins etc on exchanges for longer than it takes to trade. Other suggestions such as paper wallets etc are good so long as you don't lose them. Just remember to be careful how and where you trade and store your coins.
Activity: 406
I use the Trezor wallet, and not a bit sorry that chose him. I have been investing for about a year and I have never had any doubts about its safety. So I can safely recommend it to you.
Activity: 378
The best wallet is a cold wallet. I studied this question well before buying bitcoin. And all investors have recommended me this type of wallets as the most reliable.

Activity: 23
I’d recommend making a paper wallet and just store in a safe place. Make backups and store in different places if you want. But I wouldn’t really stress about the wallet until you have a significant amount of money invested. Also you could do a test run by putting a small amount into the wallet just to make sure it works.
Activity: 23
I’d recommend a hardware wallet or cold storage, hardware wallet generally being the easier of the two for someone not experienced in holding cryptocurrency. I use the Nano Ledger S which is easy to use and high quality but there are good alternatives out there.
Other options are using a hosted wallet (leaving your crypto on the built in exchange wallet normally) or a software wallet. I’d avoid both if you have enough bitcoin to care about losing it.
copper member
Activity: 21
Any wallet you will have access to its private key is cool. but holding for long is so dangerous bro.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
There are many kind of wallet that will help you to hold your bitcoin for long time and its your choice what wallet you want to use. If you really keep your bitcoin safe in your wallet you should put private key and password in a safe place. And you can either use online or offline wallet.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

I prefer to using bitcoin client wallet such as bitcore, although you must download the whole blockchain database into your pc.
But it is actually very safe for long time hold because you are the only one who have the control of your wallet.
It is a very good wallet you are correct on that and it is one of the few wallets that you can trust completely, but at the same time the fact that you need to download the entire history of the blockchain into your PC is not something that every single person out there can do, only the most dedicated bitcoin holders can do something like that.
I think if you want to hold for the long term. then all you have to choose is a wallet that is completely safe and avoids all risks of theft. if you keep in an online wallet I'm afraid there will be many methods for theft. yeah I strongly recommend using a desktop wallet or hardware wallet
Pages:
Jump to: