Pages:
Author

Topic: What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? - page 5. (Read 4128 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 1
In the crypto market, there are a lot of wallets to store bitcoins, each of which has its own functions that cater to the needs of the individual. If you want to reserve a bitcoin for a long time, you can use the Wallet Wallet. This type of e-wallet is more advanced than the wallet of safety, a security step for hard purses that hackers also have to bend. Customer service is very good and there is support for many different kinds of coins.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
has coinbase or blockchain are the great idea!
Activity: 714
Merit: 100

any wallet can do ( whether its a hardware or online ) as long as you know that it is a legit one . risk of loosing your account will only depend on your handling , so we must be careful on what we are doing . always check every url that you visit when before you do important transactions with it .

Also , make sure that we install a good antivirus for extra protection since hackers are more smarter these days . they maybe infect us with key loggers and malwares thay can potentialy stole our coins .
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.

I prefer to using bitcoin client wallet such as bitcore, although you must download the whole blockchain database into your pc.
But it is actually very safe for long time hold because you are the only one who have the control of your wallet.
It is a very good wallet you are correct on that and it is one of the few wallets that you can trust completely, but at the same time the fact that you need to download the entire history of the blockchain into your PC is not something that every single person out there can do, only the most dedicated bitcoin holders can do something like that.

This is a new thing but I don't really understand how to do this because in my opinion it is very difficult to understand.
Although i have never used any hardware wallet but i think Hardware Wallet is the best wallet for long term bitcoin holding. You can use Ledger Nano S wallet for your bitcoin holding. Safety is important for long-term storage. It is safe because you cannot open the wallet without the physical hardware. You can easily use it. It has no bugs and problems. So you do not need to worry. If have to keeps it online you can use any of the relaible exchange for altcoin and for btc you can use blockchain.
Activity: 1121
What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.

There are a lot of trustworthy and reputable wallets which can be used as Hardware, mobile and desktop such as-
# TREZOR Wallet -
Wallet Type-(Hardware)
# Coinbase Wallet -
Wallet Type-(Mobile-Web)
# Ledger Nano S Wallet -
Wallet Type-(Hardware)
# Exodus Wallet -
Wallet Type-(Desktop)
# Electrum Wallet -
Wallet Type-(Desktop-Mobile)
# Copay Wallet -
Wallet Type-(Desktop-Mobile-Web)
# Blockchain Wallet-
Wallet Type-(Mobile-Web)
# GreenAddress Wallet -
Wallet Type-(Desktop-Mobile)
# Bread Wallet -
Wallet Type-(Mobile)
# KeepKey Wallet-
Wallet Type-(Hardware) etc.

Though all wallets are safe and secure for long term bitcoin holding,but I have been used Coinbase Wallet.
Activity: 742
Merit: 21
Be the reason someone smiles today
The answer to this question is only one: hardware wallet. You pay for it once but you sleep better every single day.

A good alternative to it could be a paper wallet, too, but ... it's paper, meh.

Do not hold your cryto in Exchanges because sooner or later they might be hacked. Hackers are everywhere in cryto world and not only, so take care.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 555
dont be greedy
you want something that can be considered cold storage while it is resilient. my favorite is encrypted private key etched on a piece of metal. which is basically an improved version of paper wallet. it is a cold storage (if you create it right, meaning offline on a clean computer). and it is encrypted so no one can just read it and use it. and also it is on a metal (you can use stainless steel which is easy to find and cheap, or Aluminum) so it is resilient to fire, water,...

stay away from web wallets like the suggestion the first reply above gave, that is the dumbest way of long term storage! not to mention that an account on coinbase doesn't give you your private keys so you don't own a wallet you only own an account!

right, if you want to save a large amount, I suggest not to use coinbase as your personal wallet, they do not provide a private key, and all you get is an account
but, the use of wallet, in my opinion is based on the amount of BTC you want to keep, if the amount is large, then the cold wallet is the right solution, but if the number is small, the wallet exchanger in my opinion is enough
Activity: 35
For long term bitcoin holding, I think Cold wallet is always the best one.
Activity: 336
Merit: 52
I really like the Ledger Nano S, it's a hardware wallet so it's among the most safe out there, the company that makes it is very serious and they keep updating it and adding new coins. It doesn't even really cost that much. I have one and I really like it.
Activity: 1022

My opinion is need use paper wallet for long term holding. It is safe.
Don't holding BTC on exchange and web-wallets.
Activity: 9
offlline wallet is probably the safest bet
Activity: 686

I prefer to using bitcoin client wallet such as bitcore, although you must download the whole blockchain database into your pc.
But it is actually very safe for long time hold because you are the only one who have the control of your wallet.
It is a very good wallet you are correct on that and it is one of the few wallets that you can trust completely, but at the same time the fact that you need to download the entire history of the blockchain into your PC is not something that every single person out there can do, only the most dedicated bitcoin holders can do something like that.

This is a new thing but I don't really understand how to do this because in my opinion it is very difficult to understand.
Activity: 392
Merit: 1
For long term bitcoin holding, I think the hardware wallets are preferable. You know hardware wallets can be really expensive but if you want to use an online wallet then the preferred wallet is blockchain wallet which in my opinion is the  simplest and safest online wallet to use.
Activity: 756
Merit: 252

Activity: 279
In my opinion if you just keep Bitcoin in a safe place I suggest Blockchain. It is an online wallet, but you can not buy or sell directly through Blockchain, which means your Bitcoin store is separate from your Bitcoin market.
Activity: 490
I always use bitcoin storage on indodax.com and the only official storage and exchange place in my country. my advice is to use the wallet that is most famous and widely used by everyone.
Wallets in exchange that are used by many people are very good, and I'm sure if exchange wallets like Bittrex have excellent security standards.
depending on where we will put it.
Activity: 462
I always use bitcoin storage on indodax.com and the only official storage and exchange place in my country. my advice is to use the wallet that is most famous and widely used by everyone.
Activity: 448
Long-term storage of bitcoin is a good choice for a beginner in this field, as well as for a Pro, for someone who is not the first time doing all this and turns, so everything is more successful.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
What is certain is that the best wallet is an offline wallet like electrum. The wallet will be much safer because we also have a private key. In contrast to web-based wallets, it is much more risky, as we know that the web wallet will be easy to hack and we save our funds in third parties so that if there is hacking against the website we can lose all the bitcoin we have. Electrum is the best wallet for holding for a long time.
Activity: 322
Merit: 12
I think Electrum is one of the best wallets offline now, with good security because it has a private key feature so your wallet will be much safer. These are Bitcoin and Altcoin storage devices, private keys encrypt them so you don't have to worry.
Pages:
Jump to: