Pages:
Author

Topic: What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? - page 6. (Read 4128 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 1
I prefer to store bitcoins on two in my opinion good and reliable wallets called Blockchain info and Coinbase.
Activity: 868
Merit: 100
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
There are so many wallet we can use for bitcoin but so many different wallets in other countries for bitcoin wallet for suitable that we can store our funds. But lot's of traders they store also their bitcoin in different exchanges but its so risky to do that once your funds will lose.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
I and all my friends-investors use wallet Trezor. I once studied the issue of storage a lot, and for me all recommended this wallet. And I'm still very happy with him.
Activity: 238
I don't understand this yet because I have never received bitcoin, I really want to get bitcoin and save it in the coinnomi or blockchain application wallet because according to my knowledge it is very safe.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Cold wallets are simply a MUST for long term bitcoin holding. Ledger Nano S, as an example. Some people say paper wallet is equally reliable, but I haven't checked myself  Cool
Activity: 29
Choosing a Bitcoin purse is no longer a simple matter because of the difficulty of choosing between security and simplicity. Using several wallets for different purposes is becoming trendy, which is like using different Fiat types for each bank account. Hardware wallets such as Trezor, Keep key and Ledger Nano S Convenient access to ensure Bitcoins are kept safe. These devices allow Bitcoin to have a safe haven away from hacker attacks. Security features make the hardware wallet a breeze. should be more ideal to store Bitcoin. As part of a hardware wallet, any Bitcoin number can be passed through the wallet with additional functionality while keeping the remainder by default.
Activity: 23
What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.
I am using 2 wallets namely Blockchain.info and coinbase.com, I feel it is very safe.
Activity: 37
Ledger Nano S, always and forever
Activity: 34
You can try to keep bitcoin in your wallet okex.com and blockchain.info even though I haven't used it for a long time.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
Thanks. Just messed around with Electrum and sent a small amount from coinbase just to get a handle on how transfering bitcoins and the blockchain works. Hardware wallets really do seem to be the best was store btc safety.
What would be the reason to get two wallets? Can you mirror a single wallet on two hardware wallets, or would the idea be to store some of your btc in one wallet and some in another to "not put all your eggs in one basket" so to speak?
Also any particular reason for Ledger vs Trezor or KeepKey? An open source hardware wallet seems like it would be safer unless you really trust Ledger.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
For Hold long time, should use the official Wallet software! Safe, effective and updated constantly and latest!
Restrict use of software for supply from 3rd party.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 504
I have been using mycelium for a long time now and it is one of the best wallets to keep if you want to hold for a long term. If you have more than 1 Bitcoin then I would suggest you to buy Trezor or ledger to keep them safe.
Activity: 24
offline wallet is the best and safest wallet ever. I read somewhere that people say that offlline wallet is a trustworthy one
Activity: 658
Merit: 106
What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding?.

I prefer to use coinbase and MyEtherWallet but i like MyetherWallet to save my funds specially the token that i got through bounty campaign, and i think it is safe to save our funds in there.
Activity: 672
Merit: 12
There are a number of software wallets for Bitcoin, but I believe the best way to store your Bitcoin is through a hardware wallet. Most times why people's wallet get hacked is as a result of poor handling of their keys, so to make sure you stay safe, try as much as to keep your keys safe from they prying eyes of the internet by either using a cold storage.

even if you are using a hardware wallet there is still a chance that you can experience a problem. Like for example what of you did loose your hardware wallet ? Or what if it is get damage by water, fire , sand or you accidentally drop it and it got shocked resulting for you to loose all you data inside it .

you can also get hacked or phihsed whenever you insert your usb ( hardware wallet ) and paste your private keys to any exchange .

See? Almost every action do still have a risk .  so whether you use hardware or online wallet  , their security are both the same .

It is supposed to save your private keys offline which means it's somewhere out there in its memory. Honestly, I'm not going to spend a hundred dollar for a hardware wallet when I can just make my computer totally secure. To me, hardware wallets are for those who are insecure with their computer skills. Insecure enough to not think that their computers aren't free from virus. I really think that hardware wallets will be one of the focus of hackers since successfully finding out how to hack one would mean that you're able to hack all of them. But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe these hardware wallets costs so much because there's something special in its technology. But to me, writing down your seed or private keys on a paper is much safer than having a device. Paper wallet to me is the best way to go.

Plus, if someone finds your hardware wallet, they can just steal it. There might be a program in the future that hacks hardware wallets by connecting them to a computer, they might not be. But when someone gets your hardware wallet, they already gained $100 from the hardware wallet itself so it's still prone to getting stolen even when they can't steal what's inside.
Yes this point must be considered.  You are right if someone steals our hardware wallet then we will not be able to recover our coins.  So it is an important point for those who are using this wallet to keep it in such locker which is not reachable e.g. Bank lockers.
Activity: 1177
Merit: 102
Personally me coinbase is the good safety for the Bitcoin wallet, but hardware wallet not bad it's nice strong give us safety. I have holding Bitcoin with my coinbase wallet it's give me good safety so you can use it. Basically I hope it's give you good safety with your wallet.
Activity: 672
Merit: 12
Our wallet needs to be secured; this is the first condition which needs to be fulfilled.  We are often attacked by hackers.  They steal our money.  I became prey to those hackers few days ago.
That is why I was searching for a secured wallet.  
I came to conclusion that I should buy some hardware wallet.  now I have bought one nano and I feel myself secure now.
Activity: 17
Coinbase is the worst wallet and it doesn't hold any private key. Basically it is a third party wallet that can be hacked anytime and the team are suspending many accounts. I have lost my 0.1 BTC in coinbase wallet. My first advice you to use hardware wallet. If you use online wallet, blockchain.com is the best wallet that holds private key, security pharase.

You're totally right! I have switched to Ledger Nano S recently and now I can sleep tight Cool
I used to have Jaxx with no problem, but they say it is vulnerable to hackers attacks, so I had to switch.
Thanks for recommending blockchain.com! Maybe I'll need it someday Cool
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
There are a number of software wallets for Bitcoin, but I believe the best way to store your Bitcoin is through a hardware wallet. Most times why people's wallet get hacked is as a result of poor handling of their keys, so to make sure you stay safe, try as much as to keep your keys safe from they prying eyes of the internet by either using a cold storage.

even if you are using a hardware wallet there is still a chance that you can experience a problem. Like for example what of you did loose your hardware wallet ? Or what if it is get damage by water, fire , sand or you accidentally drop it and it got shocked resulting for you to loose all you data inside it .

you can also get hacked or phihsed whenever you insert your usb ( hardware wallet ) and paste your private keys to any exchange .

See? Almost every action do still have a risk .  so whether you use hardware or online wallet  , their security are both the same .

It is supposed to save your private keys offline which means it's somewhere out there in its memory. Honestly, I'm not going to spend a hundred dollar for a hardware wallet when I can just make my computer totally secure. To me, hardware wallets are for those who are insecure with their computer skills. Insecure enough to not think that their computers aren't free from virus. I really think that hardware wallets will be one of the focus of hackers since successfully finding out how to hack one would mean that you're able to hack all of them. But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe these hardware wallets costs so much because there's something special in its technology. But to me, writing down your seed or private keys on a paper is much safer than having a device. Paper wallet to me is the best way to go.

Plus, if someone finds your hardware wallet, they can just steal it. There might be a program in the future that hacks hardware wallets by connecting them to a computer, they might not be. But when someone gets your hardware wallet, they already gained $100 from the hardware wallet itself so it's still prone to getting stolen even when they can't steal what's inside.
Activity: 33
Coinbase is one of the easiest places to buy, sell and hold electronic money. The great advantage of Coinbase is that it is easy to see and easy to use, and extremely secure, which will give you peace of mind when storing bitcoins here.
Pages:
Jump to: