Pages:
Author

Topic: What is going to replace bitcoin? - page 6. (Read 2038 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 0
June 07, 2018, 01:41:40 AM
I think for a while there is no coin that can compete bitcoin bitcoin is the best currency in which in the movement ini the market is always followed by other currencies and bitcoin still lead
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
June 06, 2018, 10:56:45 PM
maybe its impossible to replace bitcoin because its the mother of all coin, as we know alt coins existed because of bitcoin, maybe other coin will get close to bitcoin but no one coin could replace bitcoin because bitcoin is very popular in the market and it has many uses nowadays, and as we know ethereum is the next popular coin other than bitcoin. maybe this ethereum will get close to bitcoin but it will never pass over bitcoin. because sometimes eth will get high when bitcoin gets pumped.
Activity: 238
June 06, 2018, 09:27:53 PM
Not sure if the thing that will replace bitcoin is invented yet. Even if it has been, we're not yet aware. We will know in the future, only thing we can do for now is to speculate and demand. If bitcoin is replaced by something that will be done by us, this community. So, what do you think bitcoin lacks and what can be done about it?
Bitcoin lack is slow transaction. If we compare to other, bitcoin transaction is very slow that make people never send bitcoin if not a must. The people prefer to send other altcoin like Etherium or Litecoin to get quick transaction and small fee for sending it. So maybe that reason make many speculation to replace bitcoin.
Activity: 714
Merit: 100
June 06, 2018, 06:44:13 PM
there are lots of good coins that is much better than bitcoin and these coins do actually have a potential to replace bitcoin in the near future. few examples that i can think of is: etherium , bitcoincash , waves , ripple , etc

Bitcoin is too big too be replaced. Developer and whole bitcoin community will make updated and upgrade the wallet to the latest technology. I believe in this...too much money pouring in to bitcoon already. It will not obsolete. The best move is only hard fork like bcash did.

i dont see any updates happenning to bitcoin aside from segwit/hardforks that happened a long time ago but that didnt fix any issues regarding on bitcoin. that event only causes a new coin to born which is bitcoincash.

Bitcoin do still need a lot of improvements but i think devs didnt really care about this problems.
Activity: 308
June 06, 2018, 06:34:48 PM
Bitcoin is too big too be replaced. Developer and whole bitcoin community will make updated and upgrade the wallet to the latest technology. I believe in this...too much money pouring in to bitcoon already. It will not obsolete. The best move is only hard fork like bcash did.
Activity: 574
Merit: 256
June 06, 2018, 05:20:37 PM
ETH is not competitor for BTC. As I think one base feature must be redone. Yes it's a key BTC feature but this is a dead end. And I say about PoW with so huge power consumption. I don't know how but in the future it  will on of the main problem
Nothing looks like replacing Bitcoin. It actually holds approximately 0.05% of the whole world wealth and I do not think even for a while that ETH which is second in market profitability can even cross this value. Having said that, there looks no competitor for Bitcoin in the crypto world and has the ability to be the next international currency. All we need to do is to invest in it to maximize our profits.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 448
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
June 06, 2018, 11:30:14 AM
I believe crypto is not going away but it looks like in the near future bitcoin is going to be a afterthought.   What coins do you think have a chance at replacing it and being adopted for use?
I do not think that far and under any circumstances bitcoin in my opinion will still be the number one coin in cryptocurrency and nothing will replace.
probably because the current bitcoin situation is so bad that people think it will disappear, and I think that way of thinking is just panicked and stupid for not trusting bitcoin for now and in the future.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
June 06, 2018, 11:01:38 AM
I think nothing will replace Bitcoin since bitcoin is more like digital gold than a platform like ethereum, so bitcoin does not have direct competitors. I think in the future we will see a lot of altcoins that are better than Bitcoin with faster transactions and technologies but they will not replace Bitcoin. I think a lot of whales and miners get rich through bitcoin, so they will support bitcoin. In addition, the bitcoin blockchain can be updated to be faster like Bitcoin cash.
Activity: 484
Merit: 251
June 06, 2018, 10:22:26 AM
Nothing out there... Bitcoin is leading all the exchanges are paired with it and volume is always high
I do not think so. Bitcoin is the leader but one day, the leader has to be replaced by other cryptocurrencies due to many reasons. First of all, there are only 21 million bitcoins existing on the world while other coins have more. And moreover, only 2 million bitcoin is being used. The others are lost.
Activity: 649
June 06, 2018, 09:52:47 AM
No other coin can replace bitcoin because it still has the highest value and has more investors compared to others.
Absolutely right, I am also not thinking of bitcoin can be replace by other altcoins. This has been discuss over and over again to replace by other coins but upto this point bitcoin is still the best and on top other coins.
Activity: 108
June 06, 2018, 09:43:01 AM
No other coin can replace bitcoin because it still has the highest value and has more investors compared to others.
Activity: 126
June 06, 2018, 09:41:50 AM
Until now it seems there is no coin that can replace Bitcoin.
Now Bitcoin is the most powerful and strongest coin among the altcoins.
I think Bitcoin will be the most superior coin and will forever be the best coin.
The sophistication of Bitcoin is so real that even Bitcoin technology has not been able to defeat it.
Activity: 112
June 06, 2018, 09:39:48 AM
ETH is not competitor for BTC. As I think one base feature must be redone. Yes it's a key BTC feature but this is a dead end. And I say about PoW with so huge power consumption. I don't know how but in the future it  will on of the main problem
BTC is the leading coin of the Crypto market, and in my opinion, no coin is strong enough to overtake the BTC, but in terms of popularity, ETH is the most likely coin, But they are not able to overcome the BTC.
Activity: 1112
Merit: 256
June 06, 2018, 09:15:53 AM
I'm not an expert buy I know that nothing can replace bitcoin. Yes there are some coins that has high vakues like eth but this will never over power the bitcoin since this has been the trade mark of crypto.
True but they could be very close to each other. Bitcoin is a coin which make some pumps on market only by its pumps, etherum could one day just follow this trend and make itself very close to the king.
Activity: 266
June 06, 2018, 09:02:16 AM
many other crypto currencies are now very good and may be able to replace bitcoin in the future, one of the best candidate coins is ethereum (ETH). although in fact in addition to the current ethereum (ETH) Monero (XMR) Ripple (XRP) has excellent strength to replace bitcoin positions.
Activity: 574
Merit: 104
June 06, 2018, 08:15:37 AM
Activity: 427
Merit: 100
June 06, 2018, 08:09:06 AM
With the popularity, potentials and qualities of bitcoin, I do not think it can be replaced by another coin because it will continue to grow and improve it potentials and remain the best and oldest in crypto. Ethereum may be better in terms of speed and advanced technology but cannot replace bitcoin except bitcoin cease to exist which is not possible.
Activity: 112
June 06, 2018, 07:37:21 AM
I believe crypto is not going away but it looks like in the near future bitcoin is going to be a afterthought.   What coins do you think have a chance at replacing it and being adopted for use?
Coins that can replace the Bitcoin position is Ethereum. Yes, I believe that one-day Ethereum can replace Bitcoin. The development of Ethereum is very rapid and the price of Ethereum every year must always increase. So do not close the possibility that one-day Ethereum can replace Bitcoin position. I'm sure this will happen if Bitcoin's progress gets worse.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 513
June 06, 2018, 07:29:59 AM
for now this potential of ethereum is very big in replacing bitcoin in the next few years. people have already said the right ethereum for the future.

I disagree with you, because Bitcoin is not replaceable in my opinion. Bitcoin is the most popular coin and we have seen so many attacks on Bitcoin. I don't think that Ethereum would be that strong if these attacks were against it. Bitcoin is taking all the heat and this is helping the other coins as well.
Activity: 434
June 06, 2018, 05:51:11 AM
for now this potential of ethereum is very big in replacing bitcoin in the next few years. people have already said the right ethereum for the future.
Pages:
Jump to: