Pages:
Author

Topic: What is going to replace bitcoin? - page 10. (Read 2038 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
May 23, 2018, 06:17:16 AM
I believe crypto is not going away but it looks like in the near future bitcoin is going to be a afterthought.   What coins do you think have a chance at replacing it and being adopted for use?
No proper coin yet, I think that Bitcoin is the main digital currency and will last for a long time. although there is etherum, but the capabilities and market share owned by etherum can not beat Bitcoin. Bitcoin is still too strong and currently there are still many people who trust Bitcoin. Bitcoin is a form and feature of the digital currency from beginning to end.
Activity: 78
Merit: 0
May 23, 2018, 06:13:52 AM
When some blockchain application great enough to be accepted as currency and utility that will garner high acceptance among wide users then bitcoin will be replaced as king. The only thing bitcoin is ahead of is it's network size. How many uses bitcoin compared to those other crypto which is proven to be better, technically speaking, to bitcoin. That's what other crypto lacks, a giant network size.
Activity: 585
Merit: 250
May 23, 2018, 05:59:28 AM
I do not think Bitcoin will be replaced with any other coin as it will remain the most used cryptocurrency, the most dominated coin, the most stable and coin with the highest potentials. It is the main coin on the market and the most use. Other blockchain in crypto where created from bitcoin as it is the oldest crypto. Although there are going to be a lot of coins better than bitcoin at taxes, transactions and speed but bitcoin is also improving every year and that is why it will remain in existence. Altcoin are pretty good and very promising example is ethereum but this cannot replace bitcoin, They will exist on their own space while bitcoin will continue to gain more crowd.
Activity: 210
May 23, 2018, 05:48:11 AM
I think for a long time no one will be able to replace this coin, as it has gained confidence and trust in people, and that is why it is still kept on the float and does not explode.
Yes, no one can replace BTC, one of the second largest coins on the market. ETH is still unable to replace the BTC, which I believe will dominate the market in the next few decades. BTC will be the king of the Crypto market now and forever.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
May 23, 2018, 03:57:05 AM
I believe crypto is not going away but it looks like in the near future bitcoin is going to be a afterthought.   What coins do you think have a chance at replacing it and being adopted for use?
While this is not strongly believed, but if we assume that this is either cardano or neo. Although I do not understand how it is even possible to do it theoretically.
I don't think so, even the most successful altcoin like Ethereum can not beat bitcoin, I think for the past few decades bitcoin is still very strong, people are still more comfortable and feel safe to invest and use bitcoin than altcoin, so I think bitcoin will still last long time enough, maybe until bitcoin feels already outdated
Activity: 567
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
May 23, 2018, 02:36:17 AM

I am wondering why people are always asking for the coin that will replace Bitcoin? Do you guys want Bitcoin to get replaced with an altcoin? Or do you prefer to let Bitcoin continue to sit on the throne and be the number one crypto of all? I choose the latter. I do not think that any altcoin will replace Bitcoin. Bitcoin is still going to hit the hundreds of thousands in price. Too early to think of this.
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
Blockchain with solar energy
May 23, 2018, 02:23:20 AM
While this is not strongly believed, but if we assume that this is either cardano or neo. Although I do not understand how it is even possible to do it theoretically.
Activity: 462
May 22, 2018, 06:48:56 PM
If there is a coin that can replace bitcoin then I think it is definitely Ethereum because Ethereum is the best altcoin currently on the market for cryptocurrency. ETH brings with it many advantages and with a very strong development team with the leadership of Vitalik, ETH will be the most developed coins in the coming years.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
May 22, 2018, 05:47:48 PM
And why do you want for bitcoin to be replaced? Is it because you did not invested when it was very cheap and now you want your favorite coin in which you invested to replace it? Because I do not blame you but that is not going to happen, bitcoin is too strong, too big and too popular and I do not see any coin no matter how good surpassing it in the short term.
Activity: 238
Merit: 30
May 22, 2018, 03:52:02 PM
replace the bitcoin I guess will never exist and can't. bitcoin remains alive because it has a great demand as well. bitcoin annually still continue to grow. This will make the other altcoin will be increasingly difficult for the equivalent of the bitcoin.
Activity: 448
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
May 22, 2018, 03:14:15 PM
I think for a long time no one will be able to replace this coin, as it has gained confidence and trust in people, and that is why it is still kept on the float and does not explode.
copper member
Activity: 497
May 22, 2018, 11:02:39 AM

I'm not sure bitcoin will be replaced by other coins, and I'm more convinced that bitcoin will last in the long run and remain the most popular crypto coin. In the future bitcoin will be more accepted and in use by people in the world.
Activity: 508
May 22, 2018, 10:13:32 AM

"Replaced" would not be the word i think, perhaps "Better competitor" would be appropriate
I mean, in order to replace something, you got to have the same aspect of tech/criteria/properties to deal with

Bitcoin is the pioneer of Blockchain or Crypto, they don't serve for a "Specific" purpose but just to shows that Decentralized Network could work
In the long run, perhaps it might not be #1 but it won't be replaced somehow

I agree with your thinking, maybe a bitcoin competitor is very much and to shift the pioneer I think is very difficult.
Activity: 451
May 22, 2018, 09:30:11 AM
I also don't believe in Bitcoin. Some faast blockchains like Quarkchain, Ziliqa, EOS, Universa, will replace BTC, also I believe, that such giants like Google, Microsoft, Telegram will be able to replace Bitcoin by own crypto. They have loyal audience and can push crypto to mass adoption. That is the reason and one of the potential scenarios
Activity: 33
May 22, 2018, 09:18:04 AM
At the moment there is nothing existent what actually can replace bitcoin.
The "new bitcoin" has to be a game changer. But actually there is nothing what is comparable

A lot of alt coins are actually catching up to Bitcoin in terms of value and price.. In my opinion, it doesn't have to be a drastic change, but a slow and stable one.
Activity: 581
Merit: 108
May 22, 2018, 09:16:44 AM
The only answer that comes to my mind is government issued cryptocurrencies....why because they are the only potential replacement of bitcoin as they will also help torn down the volatility these first generation cryptos experience
Activity: 203
Taking part into a monetary revolution - Priceless
May 22, 2018, 08:59:50 AM
At the moment there is nothing existent what actually can replace bitcoin.
The "new bitcoin" has to be a game changer. But actually there is nothing what is comparable
Activity: 223
Merit: 11
May 22, 2018, 08:57:23 AM
As of today there's nothing can replace bitcoin. Since btc way far to be outpace by it's competitors. i.e the altcoins. So until there are people entrust their money to btc nothing could replace it.
Activity: 48
May 22, 2018, 05:57:00 AM
Ethereum might be replace bitcoin positions, because now many investors are started to choose ethereum. because ethereum offers many conveniences and in terms of price continues to rise.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1247
May 22, 2018, 04:33:21 AM
If you are talking about market cap I think
ETH will replace Bitcoin by the end of next year and
some DAG coin like IOTA or Byteball will replace ETH in 3 years from now.
just my two cents  Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: