Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the Future of Bitcoin ? - page 67. (Read 76854 times)

Activity: 62
Merit: 0
July 17, 2014, 10:14:49 AM
To know the future of Bitcoin you should start by looking at the past of Bitcoin. 
Disagree. The past of bitcoin wasn't so epic because it can't consist epicness right after launch but after all this years BTC community got bigger and getting bigger everyday so that's why the future of bitcoin is not the similar to the past of bitcoin.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!
July 16, 2014, 06:36:07 PM
To know the future of Bitcoin you should start by looking at the past of Bitcoin.  TLDR that whole article but seems they were comparing Bitcoin to Fiat.  Fact of the matter is when I'm around people they are holding online devices and carrying them around This is a new trend which leads me to believe that the failing fiat model has very real competition to say the least.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
July 16, 2014, 04:36:38 PM
the problem is the people ... well, if gov. freeze or steal money on bank account in Europe (France, UK, Germany) at the 2015, it's not a problem.

It's a revolution.  Cheesy
Activity: 46
July 16, 2014, 04:29:35 PM
I think that bitcoin is a part of the peer to peer revolution, so it is really a part of something larger than itself....
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
July 16, 2014, 03:49:05 PM
Umm, I really don't know what the future holds for bitcoin, and highly doubt that it will topple all banks or replace FIAT currencies altogether. But I do think it's probable that it finds its niche or application where it may surpass our wildest dreams, still!
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
July 16, 2014, 03:47:09 PM
future of bitcoin is paying for everything with bitcoins, everyday grocery etc
So, actually this means "trust".

What the hell? How did you correlate what he wrote with "trust" ? If you had to sum it up it's "usage"
Do you really using something you are not trusting? Any currency is based on trust first, and then - used.

Your logic is applicable for centralized currencies. A de-centralized currency does not need trust. U dont need to trust Satoshi to use Bitcoin. U can see the code yourself.
No difference if it is gold, dollar, peanuts, bitcoin or shell money in Timbuktu. In any exchange or transaction you need to trust in order to do it. It is actually basics. But never mind.

You are tied with the legacy thinking. Bitcoin is different from that. Please have your time to read Satoshi's paper. The basis of Bitcoin is it is trustless as it is open source and community driven. Trust is something tied with centralized systems.
This one speaks wisely. Trust is the great weakness of soon-to-be obsolete forms of currency like fiat. We trusted the banks, look where that got us - the 2008 meltdown!

Bitcoin is the future of money precisely because there is NO trust involved whatsoever. Bitcoin is the atheism of money, that's why it will destroy all competition.

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
July 16, 2014, 02:00:24 PM

1 Satoshi will be 100$ in 5-10 years! Smiley

And those $100 will be nothing if that big bubble price of lots of crazy manufatured dollars just pop.

I'll be happy if 1 Satoshi become 1 USD. I'll become a millionaire with my 1BTC Wink
haha .. if it does happen, then I will be the richest young men in my town. fabulous Cool Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1209
The revolution will be digital
July 11, 2014, 07:02:28 AM

And those $100 will be nothing if that big bubble price of lots of crazy manufatured dollars just pop.

I'll be happy if 1 Satoshi become 1 USD. I'll become a millionaire with my 1BTC Wink
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
July 10, 2014, 12:24:06 PM
you can't trade with a 10 minute confirmation transaction.
and that, it's very good for people.

I agree, you need more time to evaluate all possibilites and have recourse if something goes wrong, for instance the wares disappears in transit or there is something wrong with the product. Six months should do it, that is why we have credit cards.

Activity: 56
July 10, 2014, 11:57:41 AM

What the hell? How did you correlate what he wrote with "trust" ? If you had to sum it up it's "usage"
Do you really using something you are not trusting? Any currency is based on trust first, and then - used.

Your logic is applicable for centralized currencies. A de-centralized currency does not need trust. U dont need to trust Satoshi to use Bitcoin. U can see the code yourself.
No difference if it is gold, dollar, peanuts, bitcoin or shell money in Timbuktu. In any exchange or transaction you need to trust in order to do it. It is actually basics. But never mind.

You are tied with the legacy thinking. Bitcoin is different from that. Please have your time to read Satoshi's paper. The basis of Bitcoin is it is trustless as it is open source and community driven. Trust is something tied with centralized systems.
Community driven, but not based on trust...? Smiley Smiley

Community driven means nodes are run by Bitcoin community. Those are machine running an open source software. When u interact with tha machine ...do u need to trust ? Trust is for human, not machine.
There is the "trust" in the BTC transaction mechanics, when you do not need the mediation (no need for "trustee", like in a banking system). This "trust" is highlited in your paper. And there is much more important "trust" when somebody accepting your payment for his services and/or products. Without the second "trust" the is no need for BTC ( as well as for the gold, dollar, peanuts, bitcoin or shell money in Timbuktu). Because of this "trust" YOU are accepting BTC (but not the other alternative "shitcoin" for example) for your signature campaign in this forum.  Grin So, the future of bitcoin is paying for everything with bitcoins, everyday grocery etc. Actually this means "trust". Grin
legendary
July 10, 2014, 11:44:09 AM

Community driven, but not based on trust...? Smiley Smiley

Community driven means nodes are run by Bitcoin community. Those are machine running an open source software. When u interact with tha machine ...do u need to trust ? Trust is for human, not machine.
July 10, 2014, 11:39:42 AM

Community driven, but not based on trust...? Smiley Smiley Actually in the paper it is a different "trust". It is about the performing the transaction directly, without the "trust", without the mediation.
legendary
July 10, 2014, 11:27:34 AM

Activity: 2
July 10, 2014, 10:16:05 AM
I think Bitcoin will continue to explode, there will probably be a few setbacks somewhere along the line, but I am fairly certain it will continue to grow.
July 10, 2014, 09:23:51 AM

legendary
July 10, 2014, 08:41:32 AM

July 10, 2014, 08:10:40 AM

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029
July 10, 2014, 07:56:01 AM

July 10, 2014, 07:41:56 AM
I think the future of BTC as such is today. Without radical transformations and ecosystem development BTC has no future. If it will be transformed - it will not be the present BTC.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
July 05, 2014, 06:37:30 PM
Pages:
Jump to: