Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the Future of Bitcoin ? - page 68. (Read 76854 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
July 05, 2014, 06:17:34 PM
future of bitcoin is paying for everything with bitcoins, everyday grocery etc

I don't see many people paying with it through a drive through. 10 min wait could stall fast food lol

I wish people would stop bringing this up as if it's a problem. You don't have to wait ten minutes. Have you ever actually sent bitcoin?

Why do u think that u dont need to wait 10 min ? Unless u wait, there remains a chance of double spending ...is no it ?
There is always the chance of a double spend attack, even after 6 confirmations (via a 51% attack).

Once a TX has been propagated throughout the network nodes will consider the inputs as spend and will reject any TXs that contain the same inputs even when the TX is 0/unconfirmed. The only way to double spend would be to include a block in the blockchain that spends at least one of the same inputs. With small purchases like fast food this would generally not be economical. 

Frankly speaking, most of the APIs do not work without at least 1 confirmation. So, when u r building an application, u'll most likely wait at least 1 confirmation, unless u are spending time to build your own API, which is again very unlikely for startups.
When there is a demand for bitcoin payment processing that accepts 0 confirmations payments then companies like bitpay and coinbase will build systems to support it. Right now there is very little demand for this kind of system as most companies that accept bitcoin sell over the internet or accept bitcoin for money owed on an account (direct tv) and they will not ship until after 10 minutes passes anyway.
legendary
Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000
July 05, 2014, 12:26:26 AM
Bitcoin future is looking brighter with California ruling.

Any companies that is headquartered in California will now be able to accept bitcoin for payment.
This does not mean that any of these will accept BTC.

Lowering transaction fee on cross border trade at the same time reaching out to geek will help the bottom line.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
July 04, 2014, 05:02:45 PM

Any companies that is headquartered in California will now be able to accept bitcoin for payment.

Only the hip and trendy ones.  Cool
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
July 04, 2014, 04:27:56 PM

legendary
Activity: 1067
July 04, 2014, 12:48:20 PM

legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049
July 04, 2014, 12:02:53 PM

I don't see many people paying with it through a drive through. 10 min wait could stall fast food lol

I wish people would stop bringing this up as if it's a problem. You don't have to wait ten minutes. Have you ever actually sent bitcoin?

Why do u think that u dont need to wait 10 min ? Unless u wait, there remains a chance of double spending ...is no it ?
There is always the chance of a double spend attack, even after 6 confirmations (via a 51% attack).

Once a TX has been propagated throughout the network nodes will consider the inputs as spend and will reject any TXs that contain the same inputs even when the TX is 0/unconfirmed. The only way to double spend would be to include a block in the blockchain that spends at least one of the same inputs. With small purchases like fast food this would generally not be economical. 

Frankly speaking, most of the APIs do not work without at least 1 confirmation. So, when u r building an application, u'll most likely wait at least 1 confirmation, unless u are spending time to build your own API, which is again very unlikely for startups.
Activity: 28
July 02, 2014, 11:35:36 PM
With credibility between users and sellers, Bitcoin may go to a new stage. Smiley
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
July 02, 2014, 09:44:22 PM

July 01, 2014, 04:17:11 PM
The future of BTC very much will depend on it's transparency and national/international regulations on tax and reporting of BTC. If regulative framework will remain at the present stage - many large businesses will be put off from accepting virtual currencies such as Bitcoins given the fringe nature of the industry and lack of transparency.

didnt seem to stop Dish or Expedia
I mean really large and really many.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
July 01, 2014, 01:59:54 PM
The future of BTC very much will depend on it's transparency and national/international regulations on tax and reporting of BTC. If regulative framework will remain at the present stage - many large businesses will be put off from accepting virtual currencies such as Bitcoins given the fringe nature of the industry and lack of transparency.

didnt seem to stop Dish or Expedia
July 01, 2014, 01:57:27 PM
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
VocalPlatform.com
July 01, 2014, 01:51:33 PM
I believe it's future will be the same as every new innovative stuff or technology; actually we are living it's rising, in a few years we will live it's climax

and maybe in long-term it will dissappear and another innovative thing will replace it...
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1209
The revolution will be digital
July 01, 2014, 01:39:40 PM

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
July 01, 2014, 01:11:29 PM

legendary
July 01, 2014, 12:36:19 PM

Bitcoin was primarily devised to solve remittance problem, where 10 min is nothing. At the time of design, Satoshi probably did not think that Bitcoin may be used in fast food stall. But now as we are moving forward, we can solve this problem by incorporating side chains.
June 30, 2014, 02:42:30 PM
The biggest problem that I see with bitcoin is that by design, it is a deflationary currency.
That's not a problem with bitcoin. On the contrary, Bitcoin's deflationary design is the SOLUTION to the deadly problem of inflationary fiat scrip.

Due to all of the above factors, I personally believe that bitcoin will inevitably completely implode if it doesn't fade into obscurity first.
Bitcoin is a lottery ticket for its holders.  Smiley Lottery tickets never fade into obscurity.  Wink
No, bitcoin is nothing like the lottery. Lottery is - like fiat money - a scam for people who are bad at math. Bitcoin is in fact the inverse.

Also, you should use less emoticons when conversing with adults. Overusing emoticons makes you look stupid and insecure.
I am very emotional!  Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Shocked Roll Eyes
Activity: 784
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
June 30, 2014, 01:58:32 PM
The biggest problem that I see with bitcoin is that by design, it is a deflationary currency.
That's not a problem with bitcoin. On the contrary, Bitcoin's deflationary design is the SOLUTION to the deadly problem of inflationary fiat scrip.

Due to all of the above factors, I personally believe that bitcoin will inevitably completely implode if it doesn't fade into obscurity first.
Bitcoin is a lottery ticket for its holders.  Smiley Lottery tickets never fade into obscurity.  Wink
No, bitcoin is nothing like the lottery. Lottery is - like fiat money - a scam for people who are bad at math. Bitcoin is in fact the inverse.

Also, you should use less emoticons when conversing with adults. Overusing emoticons makes you look stupid and insecure.
Activity: 29
June 30, 2014, 01:49:03 PM

June 30, 2014, 01:44:08 PM
Bitcoin is a lottery ticket for its holders.  Smiley Lottery tickets never fade into obscurity.  Wink It is changing the format over the time...
legendary
June 30, 2014, 05:02:18 AM

Implode or Explode ? What do u mean ?

Now, even the Forbes predicts, Bitcoin value will explode...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterdiamandis/2014/06/23/my-insights-on-bitcoin-going-from-deceptive-to-disruptive/
Pages:
Jump to: