Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the Future of Bitcoin ? - page 70. (Read 76854 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Decentralize All The Things!
June 27, 2014, 12:46:03 PM

People have too diverse views on poliitics and other human factors, for them to adopt a single currency world wide.  
This person does not understand that politics doesn't matter when selecting tools, if one tool is far and away superior than its competitors.

If one is preparing for war, one does not pick up the sling or the spear when the machine gun is loaded and ready.

Bitcoin has already made all other forms of money obsolete. Most of the world simply has not yet figured it out. Rest assured, they will. Sooner rather than later.

Wait ...Bitcoin has not yet solved the offline transaction problem which is required for no internet zone. Cash still serves a good purpose in this regard.

Yeah, all the billionaires in the Gobi desert have no use of magic internet money.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1209
The revolution will be digital
June 27, 2014, 12:14:14 PM

People have too diverse views on poliitics and other human factors, for them to adopt a single currency world wide.  
This person does not understand that politics doesn't matter when selecting tools, if one tool is far and away superior than its competitors.

If one is preparing for war, one does not pick up the sling or the spear when the machine gun is loaded and ready.

Bitcoin has already made all other forms of money obsolete. Most of the world simply has not yet figured it out. Rest assured, they will. Sooner rather than later.

Wait ...Bitcoin has not yet solved the offline transaction problem which is required for no internet zone. Cash still serves a good purpose in this regard.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
June 27, 2014, 10:38:35 AM

Activity: 378
June 27, 2014, 09:55:07 AM
in an other way, i think that bitcoin can extend dramaticly the creation of free wifi network (to let easly all smartphone without a good offer on DATA ... to pay with bitcoin with a free wifi hotspot).

QoS on this hotspot is very easy, too ... because bitcoin client emit standard head.
yes, I think the idea is very good. for something related to IT World and its products Bitcoin is the most appropriate payment for them to have the same world. although for other payments have also begun to consider
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
June 27, 2014, 09:51:52 AM

Totally disagree.

Bitcoin is non-political (in this context) , non-opinionated, non-controversial...  It can be used
by anyone regardless of their religion, politics, race, geography, etc.

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
June 27, 2014, 08:47:06 AM

If Bitcoin will generate tax..., I will not love Bitcoin so much anymore!

Why not? Taxes have their role.

Also, I do not believe you'll ever pay for anything and everything with bitcoin. It won't replace money, not even in the digital age, and that is because it's pseudo-anonymous, irreversible and uncontrollable (except for that 51% attack of course.) Not to mention the volatility which may or may not die down in time.

I do believe it has a purpose as a means to easy cash-like payments online - no need to drag my credit card company and paypal and all the others into my $20 e-book purchase or my ship upgrades in eve online. But to replace money? Not likely.

Activity: 28
June 27, 2014, 08:19:01 AM
future of bitcoin is paying for everything with bitcoins, everyday grocery etc
all users and lovers of bitcoin would want the same thing. however, for banks or governments and businesses or shares will reject it because they have a reason, it will damage the economy and reduce transaction and their income: D

Please dont confuse Banks with Governments. Banks are NOT Government. Banks are businesses that pay huge tax to Governments by sucking their clients. Governments love tax. If Bitcoin businesses can generate tax, Government will love Bitcoin too.

If Bitcoin will generate tax..., I will not love Bitcoin so much anymore!
legendary
June 27, 2014, 07:57:55 AM
all users and lovers of bitcoin would want the same thing. however, for banks or governments and businesses or shares will reject it because they have a reason, it will damage the economy and reduce transaction and their income: D

Please dont confuse Banks with Governments. Banks are NOT Government. Banks are businesses that pay huge tax to Governments by sucking their clients. Governments love tax. If Bitcoin businesses can generate tax, Government will love Bitcoin too.
Activity: 378
June 27, 2014, 07:54:46 AM
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
June 27, 2014, 06:31:43 AM
I think in next ten years some another advanced cryptocurrency would take the place of bitcoins.

Yes, we can see a lot of very interesting initatives like NXT, but the best ideas would be included in the bitcoin code over time when possible.
Activity: 797
Merit: 500
BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange
June 27, 2014, 06:11:40 AM
I think in next ten years some another advanced cryptocurrency would take the place of bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
June 27, 2014, 06:03:15 AM
Transactions in legal tender do not necessarily require any internet connection. But unlike legal tender, Bitcoin is necessarily associated with the internet. So, even maximum possible transactions in the digital currency are bound to be less than legal tender, at least in foreseeable future. However, as a medium of exchange and fund transfer, Bitcoin enjoys some distinct advantages over fiat money.

Here is an article on the future of bitcoin. Would like to have community feedback on it...

Being able to easily transact without an internet connection is one of the advantages of cash over BTC at the moment, IMO.  It is a huge advantage of BTC to be able to make large transaction with BTC without suitcases full of cash though...

Would it be possible to find a way to send bitcoins offline?

The wallet making it so that it goes somewhere and is safe from double spend but the transaction won't go further until the person connects it to the internet at some point. But that the program would notify the receiver that the coins have been sent but are currently on hold til the owner connects to a network for the transaction to complete?

For now I think  sending and recieving BTC offline is only possible if i give you my phone or laptop  Cheesy
legendary
June 27, 2014, 05:58:30 AM
the bitcoin solve the money problem ... we have others problems :
- hungry
- war
- medical problem
- green deploy

money is a very very small problem ... bitcoin can solve this easly if the world can "switch" to this new form of efficiency.

Bitcoin is an instrument, like nuclear power. Just like any other technology, its usage will define how we get benefited. Like any other disruptive technology there will always be attempt to monopolize it. It has happened for Nuclear power with only 6/7 countries having the core knowledge. It is happening with Bitcoin while GHash.IO is monopolizing it. Just wait for a few days and u'll see GHash.IO is a little baby when IBM, Google, Amazon starts mining and probably Chinese govt too...
Activity: 784
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
June 26, 2014, 03:24:33 PM
- hungry
- war
- medical problem
- green deploy
Wise words. Poverty, hunger, greed, exploitation, war, planetary destruction.

Symptoms of our infantile collective consciousness's self-destructive patterns played out via the game of capitalism. We need to abandon the Capitalism game. We could easily create a new game that is more humane, more compassionate, more patient, more kind.

For me this is common sense social evolution favoring long-term survival of the species. For others, it is heresy, madness, impossibility. Nation-state induced Stockholm Syndrome has robbed them of their rationality. Truly tragic, and the consequences more tragic still.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
June 26, 2014, 03:12:05 PM
in an other way, i think that bitcoin can extend dramaticly the creation of free wifi network (to let easly all smartphone without a good offer on DATA ... to pay with bitcoin with a free wifi hotspot).

QoS on this hotspot is very easy, too ... because bitcoin client emit standard head.
Activity: 19
June 26, 2014, 02:45:50 PM
While I do actually like having cash on hand (in lieu of just relying on credit/debit cards), I don't see any reason for Bitcoin to need offline/"cash" style transaction capabilities.

The majority of transactions are already done via cards, which all have to communicate with "the network" as it is. By the time bitcoin were to be big enough for this to be an issue, connectivity will be even greater around the world. Pretty much every vender, or person in general, will have the ability to do online transactions.

There will also assuredly be bitcoin card-scanner type devices, etc.

legendary
June 26, 2014, 02:35:56 PM
- hungry
- war
- medical problem
- green deploy

money is a very very small problem ... bitcoin can solve this easly if the world can "switch" to this new form of efficiency.
legendary
Activity: 1050
June 26, 2014, 02:20:57 PM
Would the future disappear if we hit the 51% mark?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
June 26, 2014, 02:17:11 PM
World domination in the form of a one world government powered by Bitcoin.
legendary
June 26, 2014, 02:06:26 PM
yes, because ... it's the cheapest and strong anti-fraud system in this actually world.
Pages:
Jump to: