Pages:
Author

Topic: What is your biggest regrets in cryptocurrency? - page 96. (Read 20179 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
eary 2013 i Coincidentally saw BTC that time i got little interest and i bought 200-300(20-30$ per BTC) and got hacked so my interest is gone
and Dec 2013 i heard about BTC price on news so got interset again so i look into right price to get in, but i didn't and then i just get into cryptocurrency world few month ago with few BTC, so i lost my chance to be millionaire of middle of twentys this is one of the biggest regret of my life so far Undecided
Activity: 331
Merit: 250
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
Buying over 2k worth of LTC when it was at an all time high a few years ago believing what everyone was saying at that time that it would go $100+ only to find out that the very next day the value would drop 50% and will never go up again in years, it was the dumbest decision ever.

Ltc had a great run few years back where it was the best coin but after ETH coming up it has taken the market share as people had invested in this coin . This lTC was never able to recover and does not seems to be in future . Now zcash , Monero , Ripple etc are performing well and giving some good returns so you can switch to this or some other good altcoins .

The old highest price of Litecoin cannot recovery because altcoin market not like in the past. It diverse and competitive every day. However if you always feel regret you had bought Litecoin at highest price, you just waste your time and never get rich in future. Forget history and go ahead!
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
UTEMIS| pre-ICO 15.02.2018 | +50% Bonus
I discovered bitcoin when it was about $5 per coin and during that time for several reasons I could not buy it. I discovered eth and xmr when they were around $10 per coin and I could not find a good place to buy them. I discovered netko when it was about $0.05 and I could not get the wallet compiled. I probably had around 40 bitcoins and cashed them all out under $800 and I could name more.

You?
Most of the regret things happened due to the lack of patience. Sometimes I sold coins at less profit. After I sold, then coin went to biggest price. And sometimes I was waiting and felt boring with that coin because it did not increase for a long time and then I sold it at a lesser price than I brought.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1523
My biggest regrets...
I could buy some bitcoin in 2013 but i didn't trust. And i sold my ethereums and bitcoins before 1 august.
I'm not good at making decisions Smiley
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
sometimes unexpected events can create an income that should be exploited but there are obstacles that often arise and can make a very big disappointment. as you are feeling the moment but with confidence to remain patient I am sure it will be rewarded with equal value at the time you've experienced it. keep trying as much effort in getting it all.
Activity: 938
Merit: 137
My biggest regret in crypto currency is that I learned too late about its existence at all and therefore missed a lot of opportunities to invest in it when bitcoin and altcoyins were small in price. Then I heard about the crypto currency for a while, but I did not pay attention to it until I realized the seriousness and scope of the digital currency, its inevitability and the advantages offered in financial relations. Now I try to make up for lost time.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 557
Buying over 2k worth of LTC when it was at an all time high a few years ago believing what everyone was saying at that time that it would go $100+ only to find out that the very next day the value would drop 50% and will never go up again in years, it was the dumbest decision ever.

Ltc had a great run few years back where it was the best coin but after ETH coming up it has taken the market share as people had invested in this coin . This lTC was never able to recover and does not seems to be in future . Now zcash , Monero , Ripple etc are performing well and giving some good returns so you can switch to this or some other good altcoins .
Activity: 2954
Merit: 683
Biggest regret is selling, no matter what coin it seems that selling more often than not is a mistake.  It is a learning curve not to adhere to panic and fear and sell your coins, it's a wiser move to hold on to at least a % of them.
But still there are panic selling which we can say that it does really help us specially when the coin tends to dump for a long period of time.I have experience such thing when my holdings i got a profit and did sell on the right point which the price is on its peak and i can say panicing would somehow have an advantage but not all the times. Hodling your coins is really ideal specially when you do believe that the coin has potential for long term runs.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
I lost a few hundred thousand on a bad XRP short back when it was less than a cent. I also a lot of xrp at 2.5 cents. Missed out on a lot of profit. There has also been a few coins I was suggested to buy but didn't now they are sky high.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟
How many ppl out there would you say would have made at least 6 figures minimum if they held on to their coins a while back as oppose to selling them for profit?  For example, i assume there were lot of ppl that might have at least 100 bitcoin or even 1000 bitcoins and say bought them at at 1 dollar each.  Then sold them when it was 10 dollars to make 9k profit?  But if they kept those 1000 bitcoin now, they have over 4.5 million dollars? 

But what about those altcoins?  Surely lot of ppl could have gotten say a lot of these coins when they are 25 cents or even less?  Then sold it off when it got to be 2.5 or so when they 10x their money.  But if they kept those coins... they would have like at least 1/2 a million dollars now?  I mean i cant believe the price of ETH, Litecoin, monero and all these others coins.  If someone invested say 10000 usd... they would have made a ton of money.  So i assume those ppl who sold their coins for profit... they would have a lot of money now if they didnt?

The other thing is this. People say you could hold or trade.  But if you trade, even if you sell the coin for profit.  If it goes higher later on... then you miss out on that etc.  In the end, there is really no final or end price for a coin right?  Obviously you want to get rid of a coin when its at the highest... then if it falls really low, that is great for you the seller.  But how many coins are there where the price increased a lot... then it went back down and never recovered?  Like are there any coins that say went up to as high as 25 dollars or even 10 dollars... only to go all the way down to 25 cents or less?  Im sure there are but does anyone know what coins these are? 
Activity: 375
Merit: 254
Activity: 364
Merit: 267
I guess I regret not researching about bitcoin the first time I have heard of it because back then the price was too low you can buy a lot of it and become a millionaire now just like the stories that I had read. But nothing is too late we can always find a way.
Activity: 114
Waiting until 2016 to get involved and panic selling ETH at $9.
Activity: 552
Merit: 110
My biggest regret is that I was not the best friend of Satoshi Nakamoto during 2000 to 2010.

Grin

But my biggest practical regret is downloading a Monero light wallet some months back because it was advertised on crypto compare, sending Monero to it, and then finding out it was no longer supported.

I am still without a Monero wallet and hoping someone can help me access a monero wallet that does not require me to download the whole monero block chain on my computer.

Thanks
Activity: 231
Merit: 102
Well I didn't know for BTC till 1 year ago, so I can't regret that much. I would regret if I knew for it till beggining and didn't invested. Latest regret is that I didn't buy Monero 20 days ago. I would have now 2.5 x more. Smiley
Activity: 238
Biggest regret is selling NEM so soon
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000
Biggest regret is selling, no matter what coin it seems that selling more often than not is a mistake.  It is a learning curve not to adhere to panic and fear and sell your coins, it's a wiser move to hold on to at least a % of them.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
But these are not regrets. None of you are repentant about not being Bitcoin millionaires. Use that as your yard stick going forward. It's the black swan.

This is going to sound super cheesy, but It reminds me of a line from the book and film World War Z:

"After almost allowing the Arabs to finish what Hitler started, we realized that not only was that mirror image necessary, but it must forever be our national policy. From 1973 onward, if nine intelligence analysts came to the same conclusion, it was the duty of the tenth to disagree. No matter how unlikely or far-fetched a possibility might be, one must always dig deeper. (2.6.Cool"

When you blew off Bitcoin at $5 it's because you agreed with the status quo, as did everyone. I don't think anyone (perhaps a tiny percentage) truly purchased Bitcoin and held onto it for 7+ years because they thought it was going to be worth X. Maybe after 4 years, or 5.

The lesson is to be the 10th man, dig deeper and keep yourself open to the possibility.

It's early days yet.

and I fucked up and sold out on MCO at $12....yipppiiie
Activity: 448
My biggest regrets in cryptocurrency, some day ago, my boss told me buy MCO coin.as soon as possible,but i buy some and 3 day later i sell this.But now MCO price are so increasing.My bad luck,i didn't caught it.
Activity: 210
My biggest regret would be thinking that 1 btc a month is not worth it - found out about it basically few days after it was released....
Pages:
Jump to: