Pages:
Author

Topic: What is your trading strategy? - page 101. (Read 304648 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 251
October 11, 2015, 03:45:19 PM
Buy low, sell high. When there is panic, buy the shit out of everything when it hits rock bottom
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
October 11, 2015, 07:14:49 AM
usually i just use price action strategy...

on daily and 4 hour time frame..i use my forex strategy and implement it on bitcoin trading...
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Real power doesnt hit hard,but right to the target
October 10, 2015, 02:32:05 AM
Few months back I traded clams because I see regular buying in some particular exchanges. So i traded across exchange and made some profits.

nice tips Smiley
for arbitrase you need more capital, also u must think again about trade fee and withdraw fee
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016
October 09, 2015, 11:13:58 PM
I try to use technical analysis - price action, support/resistanse, trendlines - it all works fine on any market.

Care to explain a bit more in detail on what you look at? When do you see a support/resistance broken and so on.

And i guess you do not daytrading.
Yes I'm not a BTC daytrader. I have income in bitcoin and my main rules:
- hold it on $220-230
- sell it on $250+

For me there is no signals for big trend and BTC stuck in two levels. I don't beleive in $300+. Good luck

i understand that. i think it is also becuz u need the fiat to cover your expenses so you cant hold on to bitcoin forever, you can hold for a while but eventually you have to convert a handful for reality.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
October 09, 2015, 10:59:15 PM
I try to use technical analysis - price action, support/resistanse, trendlines - it all works fine on any market.

Care to explain a bit more in detail on what you look at? When do you see a support/resistance broken and so on.

- hold it on $220-230
- sell it on $250+

For me there is no signals for big trend and BTC stuck in two levels. I don't beleive in $300+. Good luck

It is a good think that you're not doing day trading because day trading is completely gambling so most of the those day traders will end up in big loses. Yes buy at any price you think is good and hold until you make some profit and sell them. I never go for day trading because I'm not good in predicting the price movements on day basis.
legendary
Merit: 1016
October 09, 2015, 10:37:31 PM
I read Mr. Sharma's daily bitcoin forecast blog. More over I can read the candle stick patterns. If the moving average of different denominations coincide with candles patterns, then I will open my trade. This is my trading strategy. I make one or two trades in one week.

i try to find what you have just said. i came to his blog subscription and it needs like 500usd a month??? so u subscript to that???
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 08, 2015, 11:43:22 PM
Few months back I traded clams because I see regular buying in some particular exchanges. So i traded across exchange and made some profits.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
October 08, 2015, 01:59:03 PM

- hold it on $220-230
- sell it on $250+

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
October 08, 2015, 09:15:31 AM

Since you are only trying to use TA, I have to warn you that it doesn't work as good as people are saying (or you may think). It may work sometimes but it is no more than a pure coincidence (just like a broken clock is right twice a day), no more than that more often than not...

If anyone begs to differ, first recall than 90% of wannabe traders are losing their money in the long term

You right about 90% but what if I'm in 10%? I think TA dosen't need to work all the time but it works for me in my accuracy. For example - $200-$230 was nice opportunity (four times in 2015) to buy for + 20-40% profit. Does it mean next time BTC go up after 200-230? No, but it's part of strategy.
Trading is coincidence - but favorable for trader who have strategy and money management.

Then you are just being lucky enough (so far). If two groups of people use essentially the same technique and one of them wins while the other loses (and the losers massively outnumbering the winners), it means that either one of them is just more lucky than the other or their methods differ significantly from the other group's. But the latter case undermines the applicability of TA at large...

Since you can always find a posteriori an approach from the TA arsenal that would have perfectly predicted what market was going to do (with other approaches failing miserably)
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
October 08, 2015, 08:40:51 AM

October 08, 2015, 08:34:16 AM

Since you are only trying to use TA, I have to warn you that it doesn't work as good as people are saying (or you may think). It may work sometimes but it is no more than a pure coincidence (just like a broken clock is right twice a day), no more than that more often than not...

If anyone begs to differ, first recall than 90% of wannabe traders are losing their money in the long term

You right about 90% but what if I'm in 10%? I think TA dosen't need to work all the time but it works for me in my accuracy. For example - $200-$230 was nice opportunity (four times in 2015) to buy for + 20-40% profit. Does it mean next time BTC go up after 200-230? No, but it's part of strategy.
Trading is coincidence - but favorable for trader who have strategy and money management.

P.S. I'm not a BTC stock trader - just have BTC income and try to sell in little profit.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
follow me to make money
October 07, 2015, 07:45:32 PM
The best strategy is to research about the coin that you want to invest in.

Unfortunately, you can't even do this today. This freaking crypto depression has destroyed everything. Even the coins that you do research and that look promising are losing the value and tanking without no obvious reason.

Look at Dash, Monero, NXT and the other promising coins. They have all dropped enormously in value the last 6+ months.

I do agree with you that in trading some time or most of the time our research will not work out as per our wish. Most of the time prices go other way round only and it is based on my experience so what I think is just do what ever you can do research and do not invest every thing at one product but just diversify to reduce your risks.
That is a good idea, diversifying your money into different investment make the risk low, and also you can have a different assets and if your investment failed, the other investment can cover the lose of the other.
You don't really believe that diversifying an Altcoin portfolio helps making money/reducing risk? The only safe way with altcoins is to actually divest.

You cannot just apply regular trading rules to this Altcoin kindergarten crap. It just doesn't make any sense.

Exactly - whole altcoin market is manipulated Smiley None of coins has real value there
legendary
Activity: 2321
Merit: 1292
Encrypted Money, Baby!
October 07, 2015, 06:57:31 PM
The best strategy is to research about the coin that you want to invest in.

Unfortunately, you can't even do this today. This freaking crypto depression has destroyed everything. Even the coins that you do research and that look promising are losing the value and tanking without no obvious reason.

Look at Dash, Monero, NXT and the other promising coins. They have all dropped enormously in value the last 6+ months.

I do agree with you that in trading some time or most of the time our research will not work out as per our wish. Most of the time prices go other way round only and it is based on my experience so what I think is just do what ever you can do research and do not invest every thing at one product but just diversify to reduce your risks.
That is a good idea, diversifying your money into different investment make the risk low, and also you can have a different assets and if your investment failed, the other investment can cover the lose of the other.
You don't really believe that diversifying an Altcoin portfolio helps making money/reducing risk? The only safe way with altcoins is to actually divest.

You cannot just apply regular trading rules to this Altcoin kindergarten crap. It just doesn't make any sense.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
October 07, 2015, 04:30:45 PM

October 07, 2015, 10:47:17 AM
legendary
Merit: 1058
October 06, 2015, 12:14:26 PM
My strategy when playing trading trying to buy the coin when the coin is being down 15-30% and wait until prices go up Cheesy
but sometimes it works well and sometimes also the price of the coins getting down and almost died

That's the real situations we face almost everyday with most of the alt coins. Because, most of the alt coins are based on bump and dump from it's creator. If we struct in the bumping wave, then we can not recognize when they will start their dumping waves.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
http://fuk.io - check it out!
October 05, 2015, 10:07:23 AM
i make money on altcoins BTC/LTC etc is too crowded.
i have also made my own trading group so we can hit better volumes when needed.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014
October 05, 2015, 08:32:03 AM
My strategy when playing trading trying to buy the coin when the coin is being down 15-30% and wait until prices go up Cheesy
but sometimes it works well and sometimes also the price of the coins getting down and almost died
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Stagnation is Death
October 04, 2015, 07:45:54 AM
Buy something worth buying and keep holding
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
October 04, 2015, 07:04:47 AM
Yes, it is even hard when you learnt about technical analysis and such.

What i learnt is that you should not daytrade. If you trade bigger timeframes then you might predict the price development better.

And if you really know what to do, you don't need a lot of bitcoins. You can go to okcoin.com and trade futures. You then even can bet against the bitcoin price. And you can trade big amounts by trading margin. Risking only some money.

Of course risk reward ratio is higher.
Pages:
Jump to: