Author

Topic: What is your trading strategy? - page 103. (Read 304648 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
September 26, 2015, 11:23:12 AM
The best strategy is to research about the coin that you want to invest in.

Unfortunately, you can't even do this today. This freaking crypto depression has destroyed everything. Even the coins that you do research and that look promising are losing the value and tanking without no obvious reason.

Look at Dash, Monero, NXT and the other promising coins. They have all dropped enormously in value the last 6+ months.

The more time that you invest to research about the coin that you are interested to invest the more you know and you are prepared to invest and you know if it worth or not. Because many things can happen, like developing anything new feature for the coin that probably will make the coin to be used more by people and the price normally will increase and you can profit.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
September 26, 2015, 07:49:39 AM

Unfortunately, you can't even do this today. This freaking crypto depression has destroyed everything. Even the coins that you do research and that look promising are losing the value and tanking without no obvious reason.

Look at Dash, Monero, NXT and the other promising coins. They have all dropped enormously in value the last 6+ months.
Activity: 546
Merit: 501
September 26, 2015, 07:32:52 AM
Let's see the LakeBTC's graceful charts, during this period when drop $2 per rise $1  Angry

How do you keep the profit? If cant, how do you stop loss? please share your strategy with me, thanks!

I watch different exchanges and watch which ones seem to move first.  I take indications from those and trade on the lagging ones.  I also use BTC denominated loans to control my exchange rate risk and sometimes borrow money for free on a fiat basis.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
September 26, 2015, 02:21:37 AM

And join groups that are traders and maybe they are preparing any pump and dumps and you can loose or win.

most people that are "joining" pump and dump groups are getting heavily laughed at by these groups. that isn't investing. that's purely gambling if you buy shitty coins hoping it will get a huge pump.

not if you are part of the group itself, maybe he was meaning that with "joining" and not waiting for the pump to take profit

and anyway unless you're a professional trader with a very good bot, you can't do shit anymore
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
September 26, 2015, 12:23:09 AM

And join groups that are traders and maybe they are preparing any pump and dumps and you can loose or win.

most people that are "joining" pump and dump groups are getting heavily laughed at by these groups. that isn't investing. that's purely gambling if you buy shitty coins hoping it will get a huge pump.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
September 25, 2015, 04:45:55 PM
Most of the time you can check yourself and see the difference when users are most online and when there are more trades.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
September 24, 2015, 02:51:51 PM
So I said buy low and sell high, that is the only strategy to actually use.  But how do you know when to buy or sell

Someone responded with "Every single time is the right time"  I am not sure what you mean by that.

When people say "every single time is the right time" they just mean that they go for long (they are investing long term and don't care about the current price because they think that the price will be ay higher in the future).

They may also mean that trading is, in a sense, time-irrelevant, that is, at any given moment, it is either time to sell or time to buy, depending on the trends and friends...
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
September 24, 2015, 02:36:34 PM
So I said buy low and sell high, that is the only strategy to actually use.  But how do you know when to buy or sell

Someone responded with "Every single time is the right time"  I am not sure what you mean by that.

When people say "every single time is the right time" they just mean that they go for long (they are investing long term and don't care about the current price because they think that the price will be ay higher in the future).
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
September 24, 2015, 11:31:46 AM

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023
September 24, 2015, 10:21:54 AM
I'll go with the common strategy which is buy low, sell high and I'm also being patient and do not panic when price go down

Predicting lows are very difficult task so buy always small quantity regularly to get a good average price. And sell when you get some profits.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
September 24, 2015, 10:09:15 AM
waiting for the right time with patience  Cheesy

I think there is no right or wrong time in trading. If your waiting price will go further down then you may need to wait forever so start buying in small quantities.
LOL, you should not wasting your time for waiting the time when its price goes up, i think you should take the risk. Start buying or investing with small coins.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
September 24, 2015, 02:23:21 AM
Buy low and sell high, but the problem is that it is easy to see the good entry and exit points that have been, it is difficult to see the ones that will come in the future.
legendary
Merit: 1023
September 23, 2015, 11:16:38 PM
waiting for the right time with patience  Cheesy

I think there is no right or wrong time in trading. If your waiting price will go further down then you may need to wait forever so start buying in small quantities.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
September 22, 2015, 11:18:57 PM
Shouldn't this question be, not what is your trading strategy, but how do you decide what will rise or fall.  Because I think the strategy as someone previously mentioned is to buy low and sell high, but how do you decide when it will be high or low.
every single time is the right time all we have to do is to wait until the price is high and sell it.

Yes it is correct but do not buy all at once instead buy small quantities each time so that you will get a average price.

Also do not buy coins with borrowed money to make profit from trading that will be a very big mistake and you may loose your investments.
Thats right and do not also borrow money so that you can pay your leverages, and you must have your own money before you have an investment. I think you can have your investment money from your real job salary and save it and if you think that your saving is enough you can now invest it.
Activity: 322
Real power doesnt hit hard,but right to the target
September 22, 2015, 11:03:15 PM
my strategy is buy low sell high
and if after i buy price can't up, i will hold it for 1month and sell it (cut lose)
legendary
Merit: 1005
September 22, 2015, 09:43:33 PM
Shouldn't this question be, not what is your trading strategy, but how do you decide what will rise or fall.  Because I think the strategy as someone previously mentioned is to buy low and sell high, but how do you decide when it will be high or low.
every single time is the right time all we have to do is to wait until the price is high and sell it.

Yes it is correct but do not buy all at once instead buy small quantities each time so that you will get a average price.

Also do not buy coins with borrowed money to make profit from trading that will be a very big mistake and you may loose your investments.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
To God Be The Glory!
September 22, 2015, 07:25:52 PM
Activity: 308
September 22, 2015, 05:38:22 PM
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
September 19, 2015, 06:05:54 AM
reading some advance predic and buy cheap and waiting to sell it expensive... thats it
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
September 19, 2015, 05:47:41 AM
It's simply a matter of waiting for bad news with a major sell off as result. That's when I buy in. After that you need patience to take your profits at the right level.
Jump to: