Author

Topic: What is your trading strategy? - page 102. (Read 304648 times)

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
October 04, 2015, 04:33:23 AM
I think anybody who has MM experience will know that the markets simply don't work the way that most people think. In a market with really quite low volume such as Bitcoin, you would be hard pressed to make any real money

That's it. You can easily make 1% daily if the amount that you trade with is about 3-5 bitcoins. But it is quite another story if you have much more than that...
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
October 04, 2015, 04:03:57 AM
I think anybody who has MM experience will know that the markets simply don't work the way that most people think. In a market with really quite low volume such as Bitcoin, you would be hard pressed to make any real money.

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
October 04, 2015, 02:56:56 AM
I read Mr. Sharma's daily bitcoin forecast blog. More over I can read the candle stick patterns. If the moving average of different denominations coincide with candles patterns, then I will open my trade. This is my trading strategy. I make one or two trades in one week.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023
October 03, 2015, 08:56:57 PM
My strategy at trading is get low profit (5%-10%)
learn more about cryptocurrency news, buy at red line waiting good news, after pump sell it Wink

I tried this strategy of trading with new alt coins to get profit at 5% - 10%.
But i was impatient and i wanted immediately to see the profit so i was "forced" to sell at 0.5% - 2.5%
And even with that i was really happy, one suggestion is to invest 1BTC+ at once and the low percentage can give good money daily Smiley

good strategy, sometimes i do it too, better to get small profit than we lose at trading
anyway 3day ago I tried to make trades in huobi
i can earning 0.003-0.005 perday (0.5-1%) but this day i lose 10% because i sell my bitcoin at lower price (1512CNY)  Lips sealed

What you did is a very good move because while trading if you know when to cut your loses then you will be saved from big losses. In sometimes we can't predict prices, if your trade is going against you just exit and watch out for some time. This is common is trading and most traders will face this issue and some greedy people wait for prices to recover and may end up in big lose.

At what percentage would you reccommend to cut loses? 5%? 10%? Depending on how crazy the market is at the time?

My perception is that around 5% is good, but I am not a very smart trader.

It actually depends on trader risk factor. If one can take more risk then they can go up to 10 to 15% or less than that.
Activity: 378
October 03, 2015, 08:41:37 PM
my strategy just choose altcoin with big volume and downing Cheesy
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
October 01, 2015, 12:02:47 PM
learn more about cryptocurrency news, buy at red line waiting good news, after pump sell it Wink

But i was impatient and i wanted immediately to see the profit so i was "forced" to sell at 0.5% - 2.5%
And even with that i was really happy, one suggestion is to invest 1BTC+ at once and the low percentage can give good money daily Smiley

good strategy, sometimes i do it too, better to get small profit than we lose at trading
i can earning 0.003-0.005 perday (0.5-1%) but this day i lose 10% because i sell my bitcoin at lower price (1512CNY)  Lips sealed

What you did is a very good move because while trading if you know when to cut your loses then you will be saved from big losses. In sometimes we can't predict prices, if your trade is going against you just exit and watch out for some time. This is common is trading and most traders will face this issue and some greedy people wait for prices to recover and may end up in big lose.

At what percentage would you reccommend to cut loses? 5%? 10%? Depending on how crazy the market is at the time?

My perception is that around 5% is good, but I am not a very smart trader.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
September 28, 2015, 11:00:30 PM

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
follow me to make money
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
September 28, 2015, 12:37:29 PM

Well, this is a good strategy at last, after reading lots and lots of just "buy low sell high" stuff.

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
September 28, 2015, 11:13:34 AM

It destroy your motivation when you loose 10%,
I lost in the past 0.3BTC in trading when doge price went really low while i was sleeping and left open orders.
If you want to be a good trader consider to not sleep, or buy an exchange bot which does the job for you Tongue
Activity: 644
Merit: 509
September 28, 2015, 11:10:44 AM

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
September 28, 2015, 11:01:21 AM

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
September 28, 2015, 10:10:10 AM
So I said buy low and sell high, that is the only strategy to actually use.  But how do you know when to buy or sell

Someone responded with "Every single time is the right time"  I am not sure what you mean by that.

When people say "every single time is the right time" they just mean that they go for long (they are investing long term and don't care about the current price because they think that the price will be ay higher in the future).

They may also mean that trading is, in a sense, time-irrelevant, that is, at any given moment, it is either time to sell or time to buy, depending on the trends and friends...

Okay, so basically they are getting at something like, you know it is time to sell or buy depending on the trends, not time really?

I didn't quite understand what you asked. But trend is your friend, as always
Activity: 308
September 28, 2015, 09:59:41 AM
So I said buy low and sell high, that is the only strategy to actually use.  But how do you know when to buy or sell

Someone responded with "Every single time is the right time"  I am not sure what you mean by that.

When people say "every single time is the right time" they just mean that they go for long (they are investing long term and don't care about the current price because they think that the price will be ay higher in the future).

They may also mean that trading is, in a sense, time-irrelevant, that is, at any given moment, it is either time to sell or time to buy, depending on the trends and friends...

Okay, so basically they are getting at something like, you know it is time to sell or buy depending on the trends, not time really?
Activity: 644
Merit: 509
September 28, 2015, 09:29:23 AM
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
September 28, 2015, 05:53:31 AM
For me i just buy cheap on lower predict and then im waiting to high before i sell it expensive... thats my strategy you can make your own strategy or doing the same as mine.
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com
September 27, 2015, 11:54:12 PM
Don't chase volume because of volume.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
follow me to make money
September 27, 2015, 11:51:25 PM
im in 7 pump groups, i just let people follow.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
September 27, 2015, 08:46:52 AM
The best strategy is to research about the coin that you want to invest in.

Unfortunately, you can't even do this today. This freaking crypto depression has destroyed everything. Even the coins that you do research and that look promising are losing the value and tanking without no obvious reason.

Look at Dash, Monero, NXT and the other promising coins. They have all dropped enormously in value the last 6+ months.

I do agree with you that in trading some time or most of the time our research will not work out as per our wish. Most of the time prices go other way round only and it is based on my experience so what I think is just do what ever you can do research and do not invest every thing at one product but just diversify to reduce your risks.
That is a good idea, diversifying your money into different investment make the risk low, and also you can have a different assets and if your investment failed, the other investment can cover the lose of the other.
Activity: 473
September 26, 2015, 08:14:15 PM
The best strategy is to research about the coin that you want to invest in.

Unfortunately, you can't even do this today. This freaking crypto depression has destroyed everything. Even the coins that you do research and that look promising are losing the value and tanking without no obvious reason.

Look at Dash, Monero, NXT and the other promising coins. They have all dropped enormously in value the last 6+ months.

I do agree with you that in trading some time or most of the time our research will not work out as per our wish. Most of the time prices go other way round only and it is based on my experience so what I think is just do what ever you can do research and do not invest every thing at one product but just diversify to reduce your risks.
Jump to: