Pages:
Author

Topic: What thing you much check before investing in an ICO? - page 6. (Read 1301 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 11
Now I am focusing to invest in ICOs. As a regular bounty hunter, I can realize which ICO is good and which is bad. Because I follow the most trustful ICO rating website Icobench, I have enough time to read project's whitepaper and look after at their community activity. But recently I realized Icobench's rating is not everything! I want to mention some ICOs name that had an impressive positive rating! But they couldn't raise even 1 Million USD! A project like FTEC, Enkidu can be a good example. What is the reason here?

When you invest in ICOs, what thing you take seriously?

I often react to the reaction of the community. Then I read the analysis articles on other people's projects. Sometimes the whitepaper is a bit confusing to understand.

I agree with you that white paper are but confusing, you can check their site in social media and you can also check their previous successful projects. This will make you comfortable if you check these stuffs.
Activity: 152
Merit: 1
Its whitepaper will be so nice to analyze because it has a very significant information to be checked from all sides. It will bring the understanding of profitability.
copper member
Activity: 153
Merit: 4
CCECOIN
There are many factors I consider before investing in an ICO, I check the project's whitepaper, the team and their partnerships, those factors help me decide if it would be worth investing or not, just like the one I am wearing now.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
EVERYTHING must be checked because the scam is so spread now and ICOs are on the first place undet its attacking. So to avoid losses you must check everything about it.
Activity: 340
Now I am focusing to invest in ICOs. As a regular bounty hunter, I can realize which ICO is good and which is bad. Because I follow the most trustful ICO rating website Icobench, I have enough time to read project's whitepaper and look after at their community activity. But recently I realized Icobench's rating is not everything! I want to mention some ICOs name that had an impressive positive rating! But they couldn't raise even 1 Million USD! A project like FTEC, Enkidu can be a good example. What is the reason here?

I often react to the reaction of the community. Then I read the analysis articles on other people's projects. Sometimes the whitepaper is a bit confusing to understand.
Activity: 798
Merit: 527
You need to make a great research before investing. I usually spend 5-6 hours to investigate one project. Firstly, I am reading the whitepaper, than I look at the fundraising level. The last but not least, I am usually checking the community numbers in Facebook, Telegram, Twitter and Reddit.
The most important thing when it comes to investing in an ICO is to actually check out the team, and then check out the product feasibility. There is one thing I always try as much as possible to use which is SWOT analysis and that is the Strength of the project, which is this case would be the team, product and business solutions, and then the Weakness, which would be the unavailability of some of the things mentioned initially and then the Opportunity when it comes to long term growth and then the Threat which in this case would be the competitions and how they stand out. With these just few things, you will be making best decisions in your investment.
Activity: 448
Merit: 281
I also spend a lot of time studying the project in which I am going to invest. This is a slow process if you really want to invest in a good project. I pay attention to the team, how much information is there about them and how fair is it. Also, an important fact is the communication of managers and representatives of the project with the community on the Telegram channel, for example. Website design, well-written by WhitePaper and much more.
Studying is one thing that you must always imbibe as a culture when it comes to ICO investment, if you do not want to end up getting the wrong side of being a part of a scam. ICOs can be very risky and you really want to know how to manage those risks and be able to make quality decisions.

The best way to practically do this most of the time is to check if there is a minimum viable product, if the team looks like a solid one that is capable of bringing about further development, and the market that this product serves and how the possibility of demand can skyrocket in the long run for it. These are the qualities you want to be looking for.
copper member
Activity: 322
Merit: 0
initially i was checking the team, project and rating etc but now i am least interested to invest in ico. i prefer to boy from the exchanges instead of ico buying. because mostly i get the ico price at the time ico get listed on the exchanges.
Activity: 364
There are so much aspects to check in an ICO. First of all, I am reading the whitepaper, if this document looks like garbage I am switching to another project. Then I look at the community stats in TG and FB. If it is okay, I usually invest in such projects.
Activity: 644
I also spend a lot of time studying the project in which I am going to invest. This is a slow process if you really want to invest in a good project. I pay attention to the team, how much information is there about them and how fair is it. Also, an important fact is the communication of managers and representatives of the project with the community on the Telegram channel, for example. Website design, well-written by WhitePaper and much more.
Activity: 602
Merit: 251
You need to make a great research before investing. I usually spend 5-6 hours to investigate one project. Firstly, I am reading the whitepaper, than I look at the fundraising level. The last but not least, I am usually checking the community numbers in Facebook, Telegram, Twitter and Reddit.
Activity: 69

Because a project didn't raise enough money does not mean it's fake or scam, it could be bad marketing or lack of expertise within their team. The team behind every project is very important, they determine the outcome and all possibilities within the project. Mfchain is one project I have seen with an excellent team, making it worthy of investment. Checking up profiles and track record of a projects team members will help in making good investment decision.
copper member
Activity: 269

Icobench rating is not a guage towards the success of the project. The essence of the project itself will determine if it will be successful or not but of course the guidance of the team working behind it.
Activity: 259
There is a lot to check in ICO's, one is to check the team, are they known? do they have experience in this industry?
Also, one thing more is to check if they partner up with a blockchain marketing firm.

I've observe that to successful ICO's as well. A partnership with a good marketing agency is an instant marketing as well.

That's true, I think it is a key for ICO's to reach success. Marketing strategies are very important coz even if the project had a great value and potential if no marketing strategy in place, then it'll be waste. I've seen such ICO's who failed in reaching their softcap and cancelled their ICO.

A marketing agency I can recommend to you is crowdcreate.us. The company works on three simple marketing formula; community management, crypto influencers, and public relation. With Crowdcreate, you can easily get your ICO featured in top-tier PR publication.
They are experts in handling community, I've been to some of their handled community.
Activity: 246
There is a lot to check in ICO's, one is to check the team, are they known? do they have experience in this industry?
Also, one thing more is to check if they partner up with a blockchain marketing firm.

I've observe that to successful ICO's as well. A partnership with a good marketing agency is an instant marketing as well.

That's true, I think it is a key for ICO's to reach success. Marketing strategies are very important coz even if the project had a great value and potential if no marketing strategy in place, then it'll be waste. I've seen such ICO's who failed in reaching their softcap and cancelled their ICO.
Activity: 259

Activity: 280
what I saw before participating in an ico was the concept from ico, if the concept of ico was felt to be good for the long term like banking, finance, and sometimes the concept of gaming was good, but not just the concepts that I saw, and sometimes I also read the whitepaper from ico, but only occasionally because I am also lazy to have to read writing that consists of several pages, and most importantly don't just depend on the rating of an ico, because rating does not guarantee the success or failure of an ico. actually I participated in an ico not to invest in the ico, but I participated in the bounty campaign, but participating in the bounty campaign also needs to do research on the ico because I also don't want to participate in ico which will only become an ico scam.
Activity: 490
Merit: 28
The first thing is their Telegram channel, it is must attractive, exciting, admins team always respond to members when being asked about their project.
The second is the wallet address they are using to receive the investment of investors.
The third is their roadmap and their partners.

Of course first thing to look when I'm going to scrutinized a ICO’s is their working products how feasible it is and the partnership of some companies who patronize the product and of course the roadmap of the white paper is fully defined and updated accordingly.
Activity: 1002
Merit: 250
The first thing is their Telegram channel, it is must attractive, exciting, admins team always respond to members when being asked about their project.
The second is the wallet address they are using to receive the investment of investors.
The third is their roadmap and their partners.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100

You are spot on! Just recently , a project called Levelnet was not able to launch a successful campaign despite its great idea. I believe that these days it is better to invest in ICOs that have a working product instead of an idea. Also I believe that ICOs that have an existing business structure will drive in the cryptospace

So for me, i like a project that has a working product and a experienced team
Pages:
Jump to: