Pages:
Author

Topic: What type of wallet do you use? - page 14. (Read 38509 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
May 31, 2017, 10:10:41 AM
At first I use blockchain.info, it was my first wallet since 2 years ago i know bitcoin. Then I use coinbase because there is no fee, even though it is now a fee. But I still use it. Using the wallet in the exchanger is also good as in bittrex and poloniex but we have to keep it secure
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
May 31, 2017, 08:40:39 AM
I voted an electrum wallet, since I like that I am in control of my wallet with private key on my hand. i can retrieve anytime whenever I want. Also I am maintaining an exchange wallet for converting my bitcoin to local currency.
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
May 31, 2017, 08:01:33 AM
Where did I mentioned or suggest to use a web wallet only. I just said, fees has been increased in high range as like that way price is also increased in the chart. You have to offered 1.50 to 2 USD for a transaction. Even I said this is ridiculous from the wallet providers.

I was just trying to restate what I said earlier in a different fashion, since you were talking about bitpremier and buying cars with bitcoin, which wasn't the point of what I was saying.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
May 30, 2017, 07:05:19 PM
I use web wallet. It is available all times and everywhere.
This is not exactly true, I remember using the blockchain.info wallet back in the day and sometimes there was so much traffic that you will not be able to get access to your account and while I don’t remember a DDOS attack recently against the site I will not be surprised if that has happened at least once in the history of the website, so be careful.
Activity: 490
May 29, 2017, 10:43:41 PM
I use web wallet and I prefer to use it that other wallets listed because I can see it is safest in my part, unlike hardware wallet though it is stated that it is safest once your computer hacks with some other hackers your wallet is in danger also when you reformat your computer unexpectedly it is a bye bye coins. Web wallet is easier to use, you can access it whenever or wherever you are, but then fees might vary of this because it increases too. But it is up to you where you can easily access your coin..
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
May 29, 2017, 09:40:06 PM
I use web wallet it is safer than the other wallet but its up to you
The Safest wallet is hardware wallet with full sync client. but web wallet is more easier to use.
I don't think so. It's still dangerous if hackers hacked your computes where in yiu can not recover it if your computer is being reformat. Web wallet is safest for me as 2fa authenticator is available.
Do you even know what it is a hardware wallet? Hardware wallets were designed in a way that even if you were to connect your hardware wallet to a compromise device your coins will still be secure, the most secure of all wallets are hardware wallets, web wallets are the most unsafe of all, but web wallets are very easy to use and don’t require any investment.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
May 29, 2017, 08:41:34 PM
Web wallets such as Blockchain and Coinbase has been increased the minimum transaction fees. Now, I am using electrum and multibit desktop wallet, which is more convenient to me. I think you are speaking about bitpremier site to buy the car with bitcoin. That you can do with any wallet.

What I mean is, you may be careless with your bitcoins now because you think you only have a small amount -- the justification to use a web wallet.

I'm saying, in the not so distant future, that small amount could be a small fortune.  And it will be a regret if you lost it.  And it's easy to prevent that regret now.

Where did I mentioned or suggest to use a web wallet only. I just said, fees has been increased in high range as like that way price is also increased in the chart. You have to offered 1.50 to 2 USD for a transaction. Even I said this is ridiculous from the wallet providers.
Activity: 12
May 29, 2017, 10:19:18 AM
you ought to made this survey into a multi decision one in light of the fact that as a bitcoin hodler and client in the meantime we require different sorts of wallets in the meantime. for instance a paper wallet as icy stockpiling to hodl bitcoin and afterward a hot wallet on desktop or in the event that you like on telephone to spend bitcoin.
Activity: 532
Merit: 280
May 29, 2017, 10:09:41 AM
I'm using both hardware wallet and web wallet for pupose. I used hardware wallet for storing my bitcoin. This saving is for long term and I'll just withdraw it if my web wallet get empty. For my web wallet, I'm using it for trading and making transactions. This is the most convinient as I can use it through my computer and smartphone.

A reasonable arrangement to stabilize everything, you are a neat guy, I really like that.

I think neat people are always doing their job well. But if you are a businessman, I do not think you need a lot of wallets.
Agree with you business man only need 1 bitcoin wallet fir receiving their income. But me i used multiple bitcoin wallet for receiving purposes because my local bitcoin wallet are very strict they do not want to received bitcoin from gambling that is why i used other wallet to received my income in gambling.
Activity: 972
Merit: 255
Bear season or just the beginning
May 29, 2017, 09:57:41 AM
Currently I am using a web wallet, just heard of hard wallets like Trezor and Ledger and I am also thinking of getting one myself.
Activity: 575
May 29, 2017, 09:48:44 AM
I'm using both hardware wallet and web wallet for pupose. I used hardware wallet for storing my bitcoin. This saving is for long term and I'll just withdraw it if my web wallet get empty. For my web wallet, I'm using it for trading and making transactions. This is the most convinient as I can use it through my computer and smartphone.

A reasonable arrangement to stabilize everything, you are a neat guy, I really like that.

I think neat people are always doing their job well. But if you are a businessman, I do not think you need a lot of wallets.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
May 29, 2017, 09:39:44 AM

Activity: 531
Merit: 258
May 29, 2017, 09:37:40 AM

I always had this question in mind... I am not familiar with hardware wallet, and wonder the potential percentage risk to see the hardware failing/crashing
Or for exemple if you compare with a USB stick, they are limited with Writting (I don't think reading). Is there something like this ?
Not sure if I am clear enough lol, but I hope you get it
Activity: 378
Merit: 111
May 29, 2017, 07:44:25 AM
Activity: 1946
Merit: 502
May 29, 2017, 07:35:06 AM
I use mobile wallet so that i can carry and use it no matter where i go. 
I choose mobile wallet to be updated on the current price of bitcoin, when its time to convert into fiat, and by selling and buying bitcoin.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 253
May 29, 2017, 05:52:23 AM
That is the pros of a web wallet because of ease to access your account from them but if you will talk about cons or the disadvantage of that then it is very risky wallet to store a low of bitcoins because a lot of people now are storing bitcoins online and its attracting the hackers or criminals online to have a interest for bypassing any kind of online sites and that is a threat for your money.

If only for fast transactions, web or exchanges wallet is the best, but if for a large amount of security should use a cold wallet and complete with a private key that's backed up more than once, would be more perfect if all the wallet is given double security like 2fa.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
May 29, 2017, 04:02:19 AM
That is the pros of a web wallet because of ease to access your account from them but if you will talk about cons or the disadvantage of that then it is very risky wallet to store a low of bitcoins because a lot of people now are storing bitcoins online and its attracting the hackers or criminals online to have a interest for bypassing any kind of online sites and that is a threat for your money.
Activity: 25
May 29, 2017, 03:30:59 AM
For the most part I utilize web wallet, it's the most helpful to me. Here and there I likewise utilize versatile wallet, just not to keep every one of my coins at one place. I likewise attempt to be precausious as much as I can and secure my bitcoins. Be that as it may, I don't have much coins, so I'm not extremely stressed over them.
Activity: 438
Merit: 266
May 29, 2017, 03:23:20 AM
I'm using web wallet to store up to $20 of BTC that I need to spend everywhere where is computer. Mobile wallet to store up to $300 and on laptop up to $600. Rest is in hardware wallets and paper wallets.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
May 29, 2017, 12:59:38 AM
Personally have been using the Electrum wallet for the past one year and i have not found a single issue in using it. No synchronizing issue or the verry long blockchain like core. its a very much secured wallet. A seed is generated for password when we register. That seed can be used to recover our wallet and hence even additional methods of security.
Pages:
Jump to: