Pages:
Author

Topic: What type of wallet do you use? - page 18. (Read 38509 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
May 18, 2017, 07:36:02 PM
I use a web wallet (blockchain) and a Exchange/Faucet Credit
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
May 18, 2017, 05:59:47 PM
I am using a combination of Online wallet, in my case Coinbase, and an offline desktop wallet – Electrum. Coinbase eases my lower transactions and send them faster without me worrying about the size, and Electrum for saving up Bitcoins.
I used the coinbase formerly only when I was new to the BTC and the crypto system. With the passage of time I continued with exploring new wallets such as green, mycelium, spectrocoin, Electrum and breadwallet etc. I find the coinbase and electrum the best among them.
Activity: 344
May 16, 2017, 07:19:03 AM
I've been running a full node for many years (though I don't leave it running 24/7).

I may switch to Electrum, or some similar lightweight desktop client, in combination with a Ledger Nano S soon.  Getting tired of letting Bitcoin Core sync.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
May 16, 2017, 05:59:53 AM
Some wallets sound too technical like the full node but am keeping it simple am using a combination of:
-Lightweight Wallet (Desktop)   
-Paper Wallet (self generated)
-Web Wallet (blockchain.info)
and now planning to get a hardware wallet to use now that i have been told it can be used with altcoins such as creditbit
I also use those three wallets because they are the best pack of wallet for me because if my desktop wallet doesn't have any app then i can use web wallet which is accessible online and paper wallets for long term hoarding and most of my friends always using that kind of wallet because it is much cheaper than hardware  wallet.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2736
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
May 16, 2017, 03:21:05 AM
Some wallets sound too technical like the full node but am keeping it simple am using a combination of:
-Lightweight Wallet (Desktop)   
-Paper Wallet (self generated)
-Web Wallet (blockchain.info)
and now planning to get a hardware wallet to use now that i have been told it can be used with altcoins such as creditbit
Activity: 1288
Merit: 257
Chainjoes.com
May 15, 2017, 11:06:24 PM
I don't have faith in online wallet as anything can happen in future and I may loose my bitcoins so I prefer to save them in Electrum wallet which is very safe and secure in compare to other wallets as it allows me to keep my bitcoins intact in it.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 288
May 15, 2017, 07:56:01 PM
I am using a combination of Online wallet, in my case Coinbase, and an offline desktop wallet – Electrum. Coinbase eases my lower transactions and send them faster without me worrying about the size, and Electrum for saving up Bitcoins.
Activity: 378
May 15, 2017, 07:53:40 PM
I mostly use web wallet specially blockchain.info and mobile wallet.
Blockchain.info wallet is a good wallet for the newbies or starters that is just starting a journey with bitcoin but if we will talk about long term storage then blockchain.info wallet is not good enough because there is a possibility for you to get an attacks from the hackers and steal your bitcoin which is the worst case scenario for having an online wallet.
to me i usually using two types of bitcoin wallet one is blockchain,info and youbit. i always find these wallet trusted and reliable.i never find any problems related to these wallet and will like to continue it for ever.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
May 15, 2017, 07:14:35 PM
I've been using an online wallet for quite some time but after a recommendation of a friend I have switched to spectrocoin.com wallet as it seems pretty good and offers a card as well, which was one of the main reasons really. So far so good.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 500
May 15, 2017, 01:42:37 PM
There is a thread about recomendations for the best wallet to use, but not all practice what they preach, so this poll is to see what people are actually using.
I understand that some people use multiple wallets of different kinds, so this poll asks which wallet is most used, this can be measured either by quantity of bitcoin or ammount of transactions.

I used different type of wallet such as electrum wallet, which I used it for a couple of months where I don't encounter any problems,  and Bitpay,  coinomi,  multibit hd, and mycelium for android.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
May 15, 2017, 12:49:38 PM
I do not quite understand exactly what my purse is and where my coins are kept. I have an application on my smartphone - blockchain.info. And I definitely can not understand where the coins are stored - on the server or my gadget
Activity: 218
Merit: 100
May 15, 2017, 12:14:59 PM
I have a small question here which make me curious for a few days: Are exchange wallets faster than pc wallets? I am using electrum and bittrex wallet. But with 20k satoshi, it only need less than 30 minutes to get the first confirmation from bittrex. With 80k satoshi, it took me 3 days to have the first confirmation from electrum
Activity: 812
Merit: 253
May 15, 2017, 11:40:35 AM
As of now I have the lightweight wallet both desktop and mobile. I was thinking of getting a hard wallet but as of the moment I was thinking how it could be shipped to my country since it is only available in the US and UK. But hopefully I could get a hold of it by this year.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
May 15, 2017, 11:32:42 AM
I use online wallet Coinbase.

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

Coinbase is a handy online wallet, however, for some countries where they do not support, we encounter a lot when using it. A few transactions are made but are blocked at a certain location, although we are charged money but they do not actually make the transaction, we have to wait a long time for it to happen.

Until you use the VPN plug in your computer or mobile your device will get authorize to use it. So plug it out and use it. As my knowledge I am sure that it will work with out VPN any place.
I use Coinbase, mycelium and electrum wallet as well. All seems to be good to use.
Activity: 484
May 15, 2017, 11:21:09 AM

Coinbase is a handy online wallet, however, for some countries where they do not support, we encounter a lot when using it. A few transactions are made but are blocked at a certain location, although we are charged money but they do not actually make the transaction, we have to wait a long time for it to happen.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
May 15, 2017, 11:12:57 AM

legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
May 15, 2017, 10:18:55 AM
Blockchain.info wallet is a good wallet for the newbies or starters that is just starting a journey with bitcoin but if we will talk about long term storage then blockchain.info wallet is not good enough because there is a possibility for you to get an attacks from the hackers and steal your bitcoin which is the worst case scenario for having an online wallet.
Hacking and stealing of bitcoin is possible with every online wallets. I have been using blockchain.info for a long and haven't encountered any problem. I believe this has got increased security features which are quite good to enrich our security. Even a 2FA enabling gives you more trust that your wallet is secure.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
May 15, 2017, 10:01:22 AM
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
May 15, 2017, 09:56:23 AM
Store digital money or BTC is very important, I also use it very carefully, I often use the open source code for my my job!
Activity: 140
Merit: 101
May 15, 2017, 09:35:11 AM
It depends on needs:

• Long term storage - multisig
  • Daily Spender - Seed Wallet
  • Test and donations, etc - Brain Wallet
Pages:
Jump to: