Pages:
Author

Topic: What type of wallet do you use? - page 19. (Read 38509 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
May 15, 2017, 09:19:34 AM
I mostly use web wallet specially blockchain.info and mobile wallet.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
May 15, 2017, 09:07:11 AM
two of the options in this poll are not even a wallet. such as exchange (i have no idea what faucet credit is!) and physical bitcoin (this one is a collectible not a wallet.and the poll should be multi choice not single choice, because technically anybody should be using multiple wallets in my opinion. at least two: one hot wallet for spending and one cold for long term storage.and my cold storage is not in the poll Cheesy
i use a live linux with its network removed and encrypted for log in with Electrum on it. Smiley
Activity: 2380
Merit: 454
May 15, 2017, 08:59:20 AM
I am using web wallet

Web wallet is not really recommended, If you are going to ask me, because it is too vulnerable, because it can be hack anytime, that is why your bitcoin there is not that safe compare if you are going to use hardware wallet, because it is harder to hack because they are going to need to personally hack it if they really want to get your bitcoin.

But the hardware wallet like trezor, you are going to buy it, but it is worth it, since we are talking here about the safety of our bitcoin. So, if you have the money, then buy one, and you could assure yourself that your bitcoin is safe. Smiley
Activity: 30
May 15, 2017, 08:23:29 AM
Web and Paper wallet
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1145
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
May 15, 2017, 08:06:13 AM
I am using web wallet
Using a web wallet when you are a newbie is essential because web wallet is very easy to use and even a first timer can probably create one without guidance of a proctor. I think majority of us here is using web wallet and even me is using web wallet too from the start until now
Activity: 42
May 15, 2017, 07:34:51 AM
I think electrum is suitable for all of us even if he is a newbie or an expert. I have used electrum for many years and I find it very useful and easy to use. Right now, I am using two wallets: core and electrum. Core is better since you can do many things with it. If you want to learn some advanced techniques with your Bitcoin, Core will be the best choice
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
May 15, 2017, 06:55:55 AM
I am using web wallet
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024
May 15, 2017, 04:43:14 AM
i simply used web wallet and some exchange sites like nova and cryptopia etc.

Well  using web wallets or exchange wallet is ok in the start, but if you have large amount of BTC then you should not risk your BTC by placing them on web or exchange wallet. Since there wallet do not give you access to private keys, having your bitcoin store there is always a risk if for example the Sites ends , you will lose all your BTC. Try learn about the desktop wallet and start using them is my advise.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 546
May 15, 2017, 04:35:19 AM
i now have a wallet in a exchange that I used for simply converting btc to fiat. But I don't store large amount of bitcoin in it. Just for exchanges. On the other hand, I have electrum, because is so lightweight and the design is easier for a non techie person. I'm also looking at exodus right now because I needed a multi-address wallet for some of my alt-coin.
Activity: 672
Merit: 508
May 14, 2017, 10:48:46 PM
There may be many different web wallets to store bitcoins but i have not found any wallets like Xapo.
It is one of my cherished wallets , provides muti signature addresses and no transaction fee.

are you aware what issues that XAPO customers are always facing about their wallet? you better do a research about it or less you might lose some of your hard earned money to them. i stopped using xapo since i read about it
Activity: 56
May 14, 2017, 10:37:56 PM
I use coins.ph bcoz useful to my country and no hassle the transaction.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
May 14, 2017, 10:03:30 PM
I use an online web wallet cause i dont have any pc to store it to and i dont even have an internet.
Online wallet providers are much easier and user friendly although there still pros and cons to it like over regulated rules and those rules are really not necessary.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
May 14, 2017, 09:54:34 PM
Using BlockTrail As a API And also Using Blockchain As a Temp Wallet.Most Using My LBC Wallet.Its Safe.
All Of Wallets Depolyed On Android Mobile
 Smiley

Actually mobile app wallet were quite safe since it only allow one phone to access it,there were a lot of security codes before it can access,though I'm amazed and feel secured those private key generated wallet.
Activity: 24
May 14, 2017, 09:26:55 PM
Using BlockTrail As a API And also Using Blockchain As a Temp Wallet.Most Using My LBC Wallet.Its Safe.
All Of Wallets Depolyed On Android Mobile
 Smiley
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
May 14, 2017, 09:06:55 PM
There may be many different web wallets to store bitcoins but i have not found any wallets like Xapo.
It is one of my cherished wallets , provides muti signature addresses and no transaction fee.

if we use xapo, we can't feel "the real" bitcoin network, we can't hold or backup and restore privekey, i think better we use mobile wallet like mycellium or bitcoin core at computer, so we can help bitcoin network and we can restore and backup bitcoin Smiley
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
May 14, 2017, 03:31:04 AM
Just a reminder for you, web wallets are not safe because they are in the internet and you cannot controlled your money there because the xapo wallet has control on your behalf so it is not that 100% to store your bitcoins there, it is best if you just buy a hardware wallets that is available in the market even though they are expensive it is worth it because you will have a very secured wallet unlike online bitcoin wallets.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
May 14, 2017, 01:59:51 AM
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000
May 13, 2017, 10:30:27 PM
Thare are many wallet for use.but I only use web wallet.it is very easy to use for me.

Yes, there are many wallets but many of them are not secured properly. I don't recommend the exchanges because we don't know when it will hack. So it is better to have our own desktop wallet which is very secured and it will be in our control.
Activity: 283
Merit: 250
Honesty is the best policy
May 13, 2017, 09:41:43 PM
Thare are many wallet for use.but I only use web wallet.it is very easy to use for me.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
May 09, 2017, 01:18:31 PM
As of now I do use web wallets because this is the best way to make my transaction even more faster since I do actively send some bitcoins on daily basis which means I'm really comfortable on using it.When it comes on storing huge amounts already I do make use of desktop wallets which I can able to secure my own private keys incase ive lost it.

Private keys containing coins meant for long term storage purposes should at all times remain offline. It will make sure that when your HDD breaks down and stops working entirely, it won't affect you. If you store them properly as paper wallet, or maybe on a piece of metal, you will never ever lose access to your coins. Great thing is that you can use basically any desktop wallet to import your private keys. Better safe than sorry, right?
Pages:
Jump to: