Pages:
Author

Topic: What will be our new world currency? - page 2. (Read 18025 times)

legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
March 19, 2017, 11:25:20 AM
Now the world currency is the US dollar. If I'm not mistaken, there have already been attempts to create a single world currency - bitcoin. But while it is still not so popular and predictable as the dollar.
US dollar will still dominate the world currency even their would be more attempts to try replacing it, as they already show the world how powerful they are and they really wanted to control in any aspect even the new President got a lots of criticism but still US will not allow any possible thing to happen to removes their dollar as the world well known currency.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
March 19, 2017, 11:15:21 AM
I'm right, Fiat would just become all digital in the future just like bitcoin but Fiat would be controlled by one world government or governments.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
March 14, 2017, 01:22:01 AM
I think that the dollar will remain a glavan currency in the coming years. He is very stable and strong and there is no reason to think that he will lose leadership
for America is still the center of the world economy the dollar will continue to become an international currency in the world. but to begin to use bitcoin see many people in the world maybe it would be a competitor for dollar for sure
Well, today the dollar is still superior in terms of international finance, especially after the rejection of bitcoin. yeah, but I think bitcoin has a huge potential to become a new international currency. maybe not now, but in the future.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
March 14, 2017, 12:41:44 AM
If world war 3 happens, I suspect we could be using goats, chickens and cows as currency.

Like people did 2,000 years ago.

That's what I think about when I see politicians and media telling people they need war with russia, or another country.

I don't understand what any of us gain from war.

Undecided

Back in the days, wars are done so a country can conquer another country. I don't think anything has changed at all. Supposed that country x has won the war against country y, then probably they will have access to country y's resources. Thus, country x will have better economy. Often times, a country goes to war not because they want to show dominance or to conquer a country but rather to defend theirs. Lately, there's not been that much war going on. Unlike back in the days where war is just a usual thing and everyone's spending tons of time preparing for an attack.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
March 13, 2017, 07:32:30 PM
If world war 3 happens, I suspect we could be using goats, chickens and cows as currency.

Like people did 2,000 years ago.

That's what I think about when I see politicians and media telling people they need war with russia, or another country.

I don't understand what any of us gain from war.

Undecided
Activity: 462
March 13, 2017, 05:14:06 PM
For the time being, it's going to be the dollar.Bitcoin is a bit too niche to be the currency of the world. However, the future currency of the world will probably be an online one similar to bitcoin, because more and more people are just using cards and not physical dollars anyway. 
 I hope in next 5 years bitcoin can be new world currency, especially in my country.
there is no doubt that USD  is one of the most popular and stable currency of the world, but now the interest of the people is changing from fiat to online currency and therefore they are giving more preference to bitcoin. i think in future bitcoin will be more and more popular as compare to any other fiat currency.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
March 13, 2017, 04:58:57 AM
Would be really cool too see Bitcoin taking the lead, though I think for myself that we aren't really there yet. Hopefully, that time comes and that's my thoughts about this topic.

Cheers brothers & sisters,
stay safe.

Best Regards,
Tratten.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
March 13, 2017, 04:49:51 AM
I think that the dollar will remain a glavan currency in the coming years. He is very stable and strong and there is no reason to think that he will lose leadership
for America is still the center of the world economy the dollar will continue to become an international currency in the world. but to begin to use bitcoin see many people in the world maybe it would be a competitor for dollar for sure
Activity: 770
Merit: 268
March 13, 2017, 04:42:43 AM
For the time being, it's going to be the dollar.Bitcoin is a bit too niche to be the currency of the world. However, the future currency of the world will probably be an online one similar to bitcoin, because more and more people are just using cards and not physical dollars anyway. 
 I hope in next 5 years bitcoin can be new world currency, especially in my country.
US Dollar will remain the world currency until any other country manages to do so. This scenario is difficult to manifest in near future. USA will do all necessary thing to keep that power with them. Bitcoin has very low chance of winning the race here.
Activity: 298
March 13, 2017, 01:26:30 AM
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
March 13, 2017, 12:35:01 AM
I think that the 3 top currencies will be US $, Euro and Bitcoin, as prevalent in digital world.
With its volatility bitcoin will never be a currency, bitcoin will just stay as a digital currency and a asset.

Dude what? What's the correlation of bitcoin's volatility to it being a currency? Bitcoin is already a currency. You even said it yourself. Bitcoin is a digital currency. Perhaps you were talking about a currency as in fiat currency? Well, it's never going to be like that unless bitcoin users spend millions of money to print out paper wallets with a certain amount of money in the wallet in it. It's not worth doing that, and the volatility is not behind this.

The essence of bitcoin is to send money to people that aren't physically near you. I doubt that using paper wallets in bitcoin transactions will ever be a trend

This is not the essence of Bitcoin

Though this is how you realize the true essence of it (among many other ways). We all seem to agree that Bitcoin is or should be used as a currency, but true essence of a currency is what makes it a currency, and this comes down to using it as a unit of account. All other functions of a currency are basically derivatives of this major function. Sending bitcoins from one individual (company) to another is just an external manifestation of one of these derivative functions (in this case, transferring value). But you can as well send mail, but that alone doesn't make your correspondence into a currency
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
March 12, 2017, 01:08:24 PM
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
March 12, 2017, 01:02:01 PM
US Dollars will remain global currency in coming years as well. There is no chance of any country allowing digital cryptocurrency to become global currency.

I agree with you, were the same opinion. Us dollar with still remain as the world currency. I think they will not allow the government rather that cryptocurrency will be as the new world currency. Because of its decentralization and its difficulty to use or to adopt by other people. And, there are many issues to be solved before it will happen.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
March 12, 2017, 12:38:09 PM
What is new world currency? is it something new or magical? in a world where there are many different opinions having one worldwide currency is a dream, so please stop dreaming and wake up to the truth.

Yeah ,to think that having one currency world wide is hard to happen yet the possibility is there because if the government unites for sure
it will be implemented and things will be more easier
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
March 12, 2017, 08:07:07 AM
I think that the 3 top currencies will be US $, Euro and Bitcoin, as prevalent in digital world.
With its volatility bitcoin will never be a currency, bitcoin will just stay as a digital currency and a asset.

Dude what? What's the correlation of bitcoin's volatility to it being a currency? Bitcoin is already a currency. You even said it yourself. Bitcoin is a digital currency. Perhaps you were talking about a currency as in fiat currency? Well, it's never going to be like that unless bitcoin users spend millions of money to print out paper wallets with a certain amount of money in the wallet in it. It's not worth doing that, and the volatility is not behind this.

The essence of bitcoin is to send money to people that aren't physically near you. I doubt that using paper wallets in bitcoin transactions will ever be a trend.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
March 12, 2017, 07:32:55 AM
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
March 12, 2017, 07:14:18 AM
Well, since the gold standard is the beginning stage of currency development I will have to go with that. It just makes logical sense that it will remain.

But hey, maybe one day a country will start with the bitcoin standard!

No, it doesn't. And the proof for that is that we have changed from gold standard to fiat. Fiat was backed by gold back then but it came to the point that it isn't anymore. The whole has become fake. Its value is not real at all, we are the only ones that give value to it. Anyone that has learned the past of the fiat currency knows this.

We didn't stick to gold simply because it's a lot of work when having gold with you all the time. Imagine having kilos of gold bars with you. Now, we have debit cards that can have millions in it.

The gold is the old world's currency. Only way that we'll go back to that point is when there's a war that vanished all of the technological research that we made.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
March 11, 2017, 09:08:27 PM
Well, since the gold standard is the beginning stage of currency development I will have to go with that. It just makes logical sense that it will remain.

But hey, maybe one day a country will start with the bitcoin standard!
Activity: 1820
Merit: 537
March 11, 2017, 09:00:55 PM
What is new world currency? is it something new or magical? in a world where there are many different opinions having one worldwide currency is a dream, so please stop dreaming and wake up to the truth.
I think every country will have their own currency the same as it is today but certainly there is a currency used for international transactions perhaps it is the dollar
I don't think so. It would still be fiat though i doubt that there will be a singlr eorld currency that will be used by all countries. Every country would want its own identity and one of those things would be the currency they use. Can you imagine china or russia adopting the dillar as their main currency? Impossible
Yeah ,Even bitcoins will not replace the fiat money as widely use to buy things ,foods etc. We have different kinds of currency in our world every country and it is the base of our conversion particularly US Dollar . Gold or Silver can't be a medium of exchange as a currency ,in short not all things can be applicable even it have the biggest contribution .It will be only secondary or alternative money.
Activity: 117
Merit: 100
March 11, 2017, 08:31:35 PM
I don't think this will happen. I mean the world may become united but having a uniform currency might not happen. There are still certain standards that may not appeal to other countries. I personally think that it's still best for countries to have each individual currency.  
Pages:
Jump to: