Pages:
Author

Topic: What you will do if bitcoin price drops to 50$ and you have lots of bitcoin - page 7. (Read 15853 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
and do you think that will happen in 2015 ?

If the price will drop I would buy some more coins and keep it.

I would sell my coins and buy another.
Gather some more coins so that when the time comes when the coin is at a good price that is the right time to sell them away.

I would be depress to the point of selling away my coins to other miners and not to engage in investing bitcoins again.
Activity: 182

Probably buy some more coins, I dont think it will happen this year nor it will ever happen.
Activity: 210

Probably keep it and if some people will sell their coins then I 'm going to buy their coins.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
I'll complete my first full bitcoin in a second but of course and become an "official" bitcoin holder. However if such drop happens I don't think it will ever survive after that. I know it's still alive and well after the $1200 drop but that's another story.
legendary
Activity: 896
I had invested some pennies at bitcoin and i had returned the fiat to my account soo now all earnings are my profit from my investment made on that time,and signature.If this could happen i would be pissed but i would sell for low value for sure.I consider bitcoin the next gold investment.

selling your coins for such a low amount isn't worth it. the price will rebound at some point and you'll end up being angry at yourself for selling.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I had invested some pennies at bitcoin and i had returned the fiat to my account soo now all earnings are my profit from my investment made on that time,and signature.If this could happen i would be pissed but i would sell for low value for sure.I consider bitcoin the next gold investment.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
I wouldn't sell it as a distress sale. I would let them be in the wallet and not bother to check the price again as it's not worth. Since I mainly earn bitcoins and not invest in it by converting fiat into bitcoins, I'm OK with losing the amount I have earned rather than selling them and going for a loss. I've had a similar experience earlier where I just let it go rather than cry for my loss.

Same here. I haven't actually invested anything from my own purse but rather the rollover of my earnings in bitcoin. I was in it mainly for educational purposes, earning bitcoins came as a bonus for me. If in case it goes down? That is fine by me, since I cannot actually sell it because others would be doing the same, too.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
I wouldn't sell it as a distress sale. I would let them be in the wallet and not bother to check the price again as it's not worth. Since I mainly earn bitcoins and not invest in it by converting fiat into bitcoins, I'm OK with losing the amount I have earned rather than selling them and going for a loss. I've had a similar experience earlier where I just let it go rather than cry for my loss.
Yes undetermined panic sell will lead to huge losses. Same thing will applicable for buying side also. Panic buy will lead to losses usually. Guess some has bought bitcoin $1200 that was the reason we had a life time highest price. He must done that just not to miss the bitcoin movement with panic.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
Bitcoin is like us humans,when we got sick we search the problem and the doctor to try to handle the problem.If bitcoin goes down to 50 dollars most of us will invest a bit more on it ,but will search first why it lost such value ,to know if it can maybe recover or not,for other side bitcoin being worthing soo low will stop miners instant,and maybe would kill all crypto since most coins are compared to it.
Activity: 994
A lot people will hold their BTC forever.

Or logically, they already convert their BTC first to the other "investment" before the prive drop to 1 BTC = 50 USD

And it's not easy like that to make BTC price drop.

I don't think A LOT of people will hold on to their coins forever. Most people will base it off speculation and once they see people are losing faith, then they will dump their coins immediately.

I think that the most bigger holders are those who joined bitcoin at the first 1-2years.
AS the bitcoin was very cheap by that time, those people can hold 'forever'.
Personally i would not make panic, but i will see how altcoins price will change.
Activity: 847

Or logically, they already convert their BTC first to the other "investment" before the prive drop to 1 BTC = 50 USD

I don't think A LOT of people will hold on to their coins forever. Most people will base it off speculation and once they see people are losing faith, then they will dump their coins immediately.

Activity: 798
I would try to calm down my self and hope for the best.
The price can be increased to $1,000 or it can be decreased to $50.
I would not sell them, but will hold even if they get until the end.
legendary
Activity: 910
I highly doubt this will happen since there are alot of holders and going that far below norm is not possible unless Russia does attack the USA. So no.

what russia has to do with usa? it's not like bitcoin is in usa, attaccking usa, would not do anything

50 price would set off an enourmous panic buy that will prevent from falling further, this would be the reason why below 100 it's very hard to fall

That would be a major catastrophe and as in the history of bitcoin whenever something of significance happens the price falls. Most innovation of bitcoin has come from the US.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
I highly doubt this will happen since there are alot of holders and going that far below norm is not possible unless Russia does attack the USA. So no.

what russia has to do with usa? it's not like bitcoin is in usa, attaccking usa, would not do anything

50 price would set off an enourmous panic buy that will prevent from falling further, this would be the reason why below 100 it's very hard to fall
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht

Never say never ,everything may happen into the crypto world,bitcoin were traded at some bucks now worthing much more,who knows if someone find some problem at bitcoin that no one has saw till the moment?And if those person expose the proble, what do you think the market will react to a big problem on the bitcoin?

If there's fatal flaw that's left gaping then it's gonna go way further down than $50. Depends on whether it's patched in secret or is discovered in public. I wouldn't trust your average holder to wait for a cure.

Never say never ,everything may happen into the crypto world,bitcoin were traded at some bucks now worthing much more,who knows if someone find some problem at bitcoin that no one has saw till the moment?And if those person expose the proble, what do you think the market will react to a big problem on the bitcoin?
Pages:
Jump to: