Pages:
Author

Topic: What's effect Facebook banned will have on ICOs today - page 6. (Read 1114 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
So these are probably just another of many regulations that may actually have a neutral to positive effect
It has nothing to do with regulations at all. It's more something that will help themselves rather than to protect their users against potential scams. It all comes down to the fact that their income is at risk.

Businesses buying ad space just don't want to advertise on a platform that shows their ads alongside crypto or other potentially scam ads. Another aspect is that Facebook tries to distance itself from potential claims.

Unilever just recently threatened to ditch the giants Facebook and Google if they don't get rid of various advertisement categories. Facebook already started, and now it's waiting for Google to show its teeth.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Facebook was never really the place I saw ICO adverts. I think it is too generalist there for much effect. I suspect this action is for when Cryptos become mainstream and then they can keep the frenzied posting down then! Undecided
Activity: 714
Merit: 114
Facebook have it new policy pertaining to initial coins offerings 'ICOs' . The policy specifically prohibits ads that promote ICO on it platform.
The banned is due to the fact there are so many companies who are advertising ICOs that are not currently operating in good standards and faith.
In the meantime, Facebook is encouraging people to report content that violates this new policy.
What effect do you think this will have on ICOs and future  of cryptocurrencies?

It is fine actually that they are banning ico's on facebook because it is a social media that was made for people to show their wealth profile and job's , its like show casing everything you have socially and its not about politics or advertisements so its fine if they ban ico's advertisements.

its fine for you because you dont do bounty campaigns but for those who only earn bounty campaigns especially social medias, they were the one who got trully affected to this issue because they cant now do facebook campaigns due to this update.

but they can still do twitter and other social media campaigns if they wanted to and i guess the pay for other social media campaigns is also the same as the one on facebook.

Im also supporting the facebooks decsions regarding this ico ads , not because im anti ico but because those ico or other cryto ads are quite annoying most of the time because they are everywhwre, they seem to invade your screen everytime you browse facebook.
Activity: 64
Merit: 0
I don't really think many of the good ICOs were reliant on Facebook ads. Not at all. I think the majority of the good projects naturally develop a following. So these are probably just another of many regulations that may actually have a neutral to positive effect
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
When Football meets Crypto
Facebook have it new policy pertaining to initial coins offerings 'ICOs' . The policy specifically prohibits ads that promote ICO on it platform.
The banned is due to the fact there are so many companies who are advertising ICOs that are not currently operating in good standards and faith.
In the meantime, Facebook is encouraging people to report content that violates this new policy.
What effect do you think this will have on ICOs and future  of cryptocurrencies?

It is fine actually that they are banning ico's on facebook because it is a social media that was made for people to show their wealth profile and job's , its like show casing everything you have socially and its not about politics or advertisements so its fine if they ban ico's advertisements.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
I think the effect is only minimal. When it was freshly implemented a lot overreacted, I presume that because Facebook is a really
big social media platform. It isn't something you can ignore, considering the fact that the massive amount of users and publicity
it harbors is incomparable. But with the number of other effective social media platforms out there, ICO's can still advertised and
get on with or without facebook's assistance. Things will get on and progress. Too bad since facebook campaigns are good sources
of income with bounties and campaigns.

facebook campaigns isnt really worth it at all because they only pay a little or less due to the fact that the allocated reward for this bounty is only a small percentage, unlike to sig campaign and other forms of bounty such as translation , blogging , etc. They usually pays higher. anyways , we shoudnt get worry about it because there are still many social media out there like twitter and youtube that we can use inorder to promote a campaign  for advertising purposes.
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
I think the effect is only minimal. When it was freshly implemented a lot overreacted, I presume that because Facebook is a really
big social media platform. It isn't something you can ignore, considering the fact that the massive amount of users and publicity
it harbors is incomparable. But with the number of other effective social media platforms out there, ICO's can still advertised and
get on with or without facebook's assistance. Things will get on and progress. Too bad since facebook campaigns are good sources
of income with bounties and campaigns.

Activity: 1568
Merit: 324
https://duelbits.com/
With the new news that emerged from facebook that facebook no longer allow promoting bitcoin ads on In it, but until now the investors and the bitcoin members will not shake And without facebook bitcoin still running like
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
If your question was what would be the effect on ICOs if Facebook puts a ban on cryptocurrency advertisement, then the answer is quite simply not much of an effect may be the ICOs would lose one platform for advertisement. There are many other social media's where ICOs do their advertisement through us. So that wouldn't make a whole big of an effect to the advertisements of ICOs.
Losing Facebook is big, after all Facebook is probably the biggest social media site in the entire world so they are losing at big platform for them so I think the effects are going to be a lot bigger than many think, this is not going to stop icos, but it is going to slow them down a little bit and when we take into account that the market is kind of slow and the know your customer policy issues then you are talking about a lot of investments lost for the icos.
Activity: 280
Actually banning the ads icon on facebook has no effect on anything.There are many other places to promote it, do not be afraid and worry.Let the facebook do what they want, we obey it.

I'm sure it still affecting ICO project as if Facebook bans ICOs ads then ICOs project will lose a place to advertise the project. Indeed there are still many place to advertise but losing a potential place for advertisement is a disadvantage for any projects.
It is also affecting facebook income from the ads, so you cant say it has no effects at all. Other effects could be related to bounty hunters.

If it is been affected. We already found the many bounty campaigns stopped the Facebook campaigning. I do not understand whether facebook banned the ICO and bitcoin related advertisement or not.
When goes to surf on Facebook I am seeing the advertisement of many ICO projects.
Hope we can make money via FB still so no need to worry at all.

I'm not sure if they are really banning ICO advertisements there, as I see, there are still many kinds of advertisements on their platform about Crypto-Currency in general. Maybe they refrained about heavily censoring these advertisements fearing the consequences, what could boost another social media platform and decrease their influence on the internet, as people would find new ways to promote ICOs, letting Facebook aside.
Agreed, i think facebook can't detect all those advertisement on some ICOs or they just allow some of it. This news has been a month now but the advertisements of ICO i just browsed here and in other sites still popping out on my news feed.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Actually banning the ads icon on facebook has no effect on anything.There are many other places to promote it, do not be afraid and worry.Let the facebook do what they want, we obey it.

I'm sure it still affecting ICO project as if Facebook bans ICOs ads then ICOs project will lose a place to advertise the project. Indeed there are still many place to advertise but losing a potential place for advertisement is a disadvantage for any projects.
It is also affecting facebook income from the ads, so you cant say it has no effects at all. Other effects could be related to bounty hunters.

If it is been affected. We already found the many bounty campaigns stopped the Facebook campaigning. I do not understand whether facebook banned the ICO and bitcoin related advertisement or not.
When goes to surf on Facebook I am seeing the advertisement of many ICO projects.

I'm not sure if they are really banning ICO advertisements there, as I see, there are still many kinds of advertisements on their platform about Crypto-Currency in general. Maybe they refrained about heavily censoring these advertisements fearing the consequences, what could boost another social media platform and decrease their influence on the internet, as people would find new ways to promote ICOs, letting Facebook aside.
Activity: 910
Facebook is full of groups and communities of companies that conduct ICO. It seems that only paid advertising of ICO is banned there. And reposts of projects continue to appear, they haven't gone anywhere and nobody banned them. Everything is ok.
Activity: 966
Merit: 513

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1312
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

Activity: 280
Merit: 111
If your question was what would be the effect on ICOs if Facebook puts a ban on cryptocurrency advertisement, then the answer is quite simply not much of an effect may be the ICOs would lose one platform for advertisement. There are many other social media's where ICOs do their advertisement through us. So that wouldn't make a whole big of an effect to the advertisements of ICOs.
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
I don’t think it will be having any effect on ICOs, unless maybe it will reduce their rate of success or something like that. I don’t know how to explain what I mean. But Facebook is not the only social media out there. There are others like Twitter, LinkedIn and the rest of them, although I don’t know if others would be effective as Facebook.
It will decrease the funds they get and to be honest I do not think that is so bad, some icos have ridiculous expectations about the money they need to make the project a reality, the ico was supposed to be a way to help the developers to create a project not a way to make them rich with our money but that is the posture many icos have by not having a hard cap or by having a very high hard cap.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
I don't think this case will affect too much to cryptocurrency and ICOs project Smiley. Facebook is a good place to promote new ICO but it's not the only place that ICOs can be promoted. But for now I still can be able to see a lot of advertise about ICO project on Facebook, maybe they've removed banning with cryptocurrency.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
This is a good decision by Facebook to curb the nefarious activities of some ICOs although traffic-wise this will reduce the  income accruing to Facebook but I belief this is a right decision to restore sanity into the system and to reduce scams.
Honestly, at the end it only affects Facebook hugely considering the amount that is being generated with those adverts of ICOs alone. It must have taken a huge one to be able to come up with the policy of not going ahead with advertisement of ICOs. On the other hand as well, it may have just a little bit of effect on ICOs, knowing Facebook has never been the only source where they get their traffic, and from the look of things and how ICOs have been so far, I can say they are still doing pretty well.

I think the same, that ICO promotion using facebook is not proven to give a good impact ,, maybe facebook only play about 3-5% of the success of ICO ,, I myself not too intense to malakukan / follow the promotion of ICO using facebook ,, and kesimpulanya that the ban on facebook has no great influence to seek or provoke investor interest there
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
Until now facebook page about ICO still exist. I don't know parameter facebook to rejected ICO because we knows ICO just a name, i means the company is real and needs promote to get investor. Facebook is a big social media and i think ICO will be still exist in there.
Activity: 387
Pages:
Jump to: