Pages:
Author

Topic: What's effect Facebook banned will have on ICOs today - page 7. (Read 1114 times)

Activity: 64
Merit: 0
Considering the impact and popularity of facebook with people in general, I think it will have a slight effect on ICOs these days.
It may not be that big of deal since there are other social media platforms that are significantly if not more effective
and popular as facebook. Maybe the band is temporary at the moment, facebook does have an addictive or
attaching influence with people. With the promotions and advertisements of icos and cryptocurrency,
they will thrive and adjust as long as there are extra social media options and the internet.
Trust mate, it won’t. Those who are always interested in ICOs anyway will still try to find a way to get their information irrespective of the advert. This is just Facebook advert we are talking about which obviously affects Instagram as well since the ad is being operated by Facebook. Facebook gave a very valid reason and it is just people trying to make FUD out of it though, but I do not see this to have a huge impact, knowing that there are other easy means that advert can be done and effective as well.

Totally agree with you guys. Facebook and even Insta are not the greatest resource of information for crypto markets. As well as smart made bounty allows to bypass this ban:)  So in general not much will change.
Activity: 648
Merit: 502
Facebook have it new policy pertaining to initial coins offerings 'ICOs' . The policy specifically prohibits ads that promote ICO on it platform.
The banned is due to the fact there are so many companies who are advertising ICOs that are not currently operating in good standards and faith.
In the meantime, Facebook is encouraging people to report content that violates this new policy.
What effect do you think this will have on ICOs and future  of cryptocurrencies?

So true, they are just ruining the name of this technology. They are making false sales and then ran away like rats when the crowdsale ends. That is also the reason why I don't invest in ICO's anymore.
But there still so many advertisements that I'm seeing in FB these days, and I think when it comes in spreading popularity of the new ICO (or platform), individuals who are keep sharing the platforms ideas throughout in every corner of the facebook can't be stop. So I think Banning ICO's advertisements won't have a dent in their sales.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 328
Facebook is not doing good for banning ICO's or Crypto coins advertisement, ICO's are not like hyips,ptc sites or any other ponzi schemes it is like pure investment and now maximum ICO's KYC is compulsory so it is unfair by Facebook.Facebook is world largest advertisement media so it will definitely effect the incoming ICO's business.

they only banning ads for crypto or ICO, not banning crypto or ICO page, thats not big problem. ICO or crypto devs can open facebook bounty, they still can promoting their program on fb. about effective or not, i dont know, but its like effective
Yeah and that is still going on anyway. This would not have a major effect which is one thing I know. Most of these projects have even seen bounty as the easiest way, where they won't have to pay much except in their own tokens, while they get their projects out there, and unless Facebook wants to start banning accounts that are advertising cryptocurrencies, which is not possible, then Facebook deciding to halt cryptocurrency advert will really have a tiny impact that can't even be felt.
Activity: 566
Merit: 102
Considering the impact and popularity of facebook with people in general, I think it will have a slight effect on ICOs these days.
It may not be that big of deal since there are other social media platforms that are significantly if not more effective
and popular as facebook. Maybe the band is temporary at the moment, facebook does have an addictive or
attaching influence with people. With the promotions and advertisements of icos and cryptocurrency,
they will thrive and adjust as long as there are extra social media options and the internet.
Trust mate, it won’t. Those who are always interested in ICOs anyway will still try to find a way to get their information irrespective of the advert. This is just Facebook advert we are talking about which obviously affects Instagram as well since the ad is being operated by Facebook. Facebook gave a very valid reason and it is just people trying to make FUD out of it though, but I do not see this to have a huge impact, knowing that there are other easy means that advert can be done and effective as well.
Activity: 560
Merit: 286
I don’t think it will be having any effect on ICOs, unless maybe it will reduce their rate of success or something like that. I don’t know how to explain what I mean. But Facebook is not the only social media out there. There are others like Twitter, LinkedIn and the rest of them, although I don’t know if others would be effective as Facebook.
Activity: 19
JOYSO.IO
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
Facebook is not doing good for banning ICO's or Crypto coins advertisement, ICO's are not like hyips,ptc sites or any other ponzi schemes it is like pure investment and now maximum ICO's KYC is compulsory so it is unfair by Facebook.Facebook is world largest advertisement media so it will definitely effect the incoming ICO's business.

they only banning ads for crypto or ICO, not banning crypto or ICO page, thats not big problem. ICO or crypto devs can open facebook bounty, they still can promoting their program on fb. about effective or not, i dont know, but its like effective
I do not know this certainty, about Facebook tire crypto.
I still see some people sharing news or advertisements about ICO.
even facebook social media campaigns are still valid and have not been deleted.
no problem for me.
There is what they call traditional Facebook advert where you can make payment, have a banner and then your banner or your page can be targeted to the users of Facebook based on the demographics you set.

Here, you have to pay in USD, and this is what was banned. It has nothing to do with the pages, or the bounty campaigns, as obviously this will keep going on, but the other side of it, like how we have Google ad but this time Facebook ad, that is what you won't be seeing anymore, at least for now.
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
Maybe companies will have to move over to other social medias like Twitter and Instagram. Don’t know about Reddit, but it ain’t a place for promoting.

It's of no use. The major social media platforms are cleaning house, and thus will result in similar practices of these platforms overall. The main point is that the multinationals having billions of dollars as marketing budged, have started to demand for critical changes of the social media platforms. To put force behind their words, they have started to reduce their marketing budged that would usually flow into Google, Facebook, Youtube, etc. That very well explains the sudden policy changes of these social media platforms, and it will only get worse. All these social media platforms thrive on ad revenue, and the multinationals know that, and aren't shy of demanding more changes. If this gets taken out of proportions too much, we'll only be left with my little pony ads on social media. Cheesy
This is just another example of why decentralization is needed, whenever centralization occurs that becomes a point of failure, altcoins and icos depend on social media to spread the word about their projects, but since those websites only care about the money they can get from ads then it is easy to manipulate them in order to comply and do what it is in the best interest of banks.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 104
This is a good decision by Facebook to curb the nefarious activities of some ICOs although traffic-wise this will reduce the  income accruing to Facebook but I belief this is a right decision to restore sanity into the system and to reduce scams.
Honestly, at the end it only affects Facebook hugely considering the amount that is being generated with those adverts of ICOs alone. It must have taken a huge one to be able to come up with the policy of not going ahead with advertisement of ICOs. On the other hand as well, it may have just a little bit of effect on ICOs, knowing Facebook has never been the only source where they get their traffic, and from the look of things and how ICOs have been so far, I can say they are still doing pretty well.
The fact is that all social networks including Twitter and Facebook were originally resources for communication and communication in the community, And today these sites have turned into advertising resources, where they advertise a particular product. so I'm not surprised that Facebook decided to ban ico of the company.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
This is a good decision by Facebook to curb the nefarious activities of some ICOs although traffic-wise this will reduce the  income accruing to Facebook but I belief this is a right decision to restore sanity into the system and to reduce scams.
Honestly, at the end it only affects Facebook hugely considering the amount that is being generated with those adverts of ICOs alone. It must have taken a huge one to be able to come up with the policy of not going ahead with advertisement of ICOs. On the other hand as well, it may have just a little bit of effect on ICOs, knowing Facebook has never been the only source where they get their traffic, and from the look of things and how ICOs have been so far, I can say they are still doing pretty well.
Activity: 122
Merit: 15
Long Live BTC
Facebook would have been a great help to increase the awareness for an ICO promotion, however facebook have already come up with the decision to ban ICO advertisement in their platform. But there's nothing to worry for ICO marketing as there are other sites where they can promote and increase their crowd sale like instagram, twitter, YouTube those are just a few. But if there will be increase in ICO related scam, I wouldn't be surprise if ither sites would also ban it.
Activity: 182
Merit: 4
Facebook have it new policy pertaining to initial coins offerings 'ICOs' . The policy specifically prohibits ads that promote ICO on it platform.
The banned is due to the fact there are so many companies who are advertising ICOs that are not currently operating in good standards and faith.
In the meantime, Facebook is encouraging people to report content that violates this new policy.
What effect do you think this will have on ICOs and future  of cryptocurrencies?

I can't see anything that will affect the bitcoin industry, because there are many platforms that can show ICO.

There are twitter, instagram, youtube, linkedin, pinterest, and so on.

Facebook is not the only social network.
Activity: 313
Merit: 100
A newcomers won't show up here because facebook is the source of audience where an average joe learns cryptocurrency.
It will affect but not drastic in 1% of investors, I knew someone who invested in an ICO and that projects shoot up to the moon that advertisements that he see was from facebook.

I guess the big investor is also lurking in the facebook community for some mundane routine.
Funny enough, the real investors do not make use of just one platform to get an investment opportunity. Reddit, Medium, Twitter and some other reliable platforms are still there for them to get information. I invest in ICOs and most times I get some on twitter while I make use of ICO drops to just do some other research and check some other ones with prospects. Who cares about Facebook anyway?
Activity: 1736
Merit: 121
Facebook is spreading rapidly to everyone. If only a certain information was posted, only a few seconds later someone would like to comment. Should banning the ICO also spread quickly. That could cause their prices to fall.

I don't think facebook and Mark Zuckerberg would leave its decision on visited. Cryptocurrency is a new technological advancement and facebook is one of the most visited social media by youth. I think crypto apps on facebook should even help to draw more traffic for facebook.
Activity: 140

he definitely influenced, but I think not much. People's belief in cryptocurrency and its bright future will still win the fight for its distribution.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
Facebook is spreading rapidly to everyone. If only a certain information was posted, only a few seconds later someone would like to comment. Should banning the ICO also spread quickly. That could cause their prices to fall.
Activity: 154
Merit: 5
For me as investors. it is good to ban ICO on facebook because I was one of the victim this scheme. I purchase worth 4,000 USD of Regen.IO ico.. they run all my money. I was amaze by their line that it will go to moon. they promote their ICO on facebook. they sponsored it . not only me has fallen to their hand. Recently I found out that it was a Vietnamese company. If you see an ICO group with name of NGUYEN. that is the name of the admin of regen.io.. they run my 4,000 usd of investment.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
What effect do you think this will have on ICOs and future  of cryptocurrencies?
Facebook, as a place where there are any and all people wasn't the best place to advertise ICOs anyway, so this won't influence crowdfunding process much. Apart from the specialized forums, like Bitcointalk, there are still Reddit and Quora Smiley
But we do know that famous social media like facebook do have lots of users on it even though it is not crypto related traffic but yet the potential on hooking up potential investors would really be there but i do agree on what you said that there still other places which can actually get crypto-related people that would really tend to join up on these crowdfundings.

I agree with this statement, since facebook is the most known  social media site, we will lost a big oportunity to be known or to be seen by millions or should i say billions of facebook user that can be a potential investor.

I still insist that ICO can still be seen on different media platforms, theirs twitter,reddit or anything you can use with and also people can still share the articles about the ICO so their's still ways to scattered the news and gathered some investors for it and I see so many ICO's are still successful eventhough the facebook ads has been eliminated.
Activity: 91
it will be more expensive for ICO founders to advertise given the crypto prices in crypto land have ballooned!

Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
This is a good decision by Facebook to curb the nefarious activities of some ICOs although traffic-wise this will reduce the  income accruing to Facebook
It will not reduce the income of facebook as they have a lot of advertisers since before the ICO days.
but I belief this is a right decision to restore sanity into the system and to reduce scams.
Yeah this will do the thing as facebook will help things out and it will definitely reduce the scams that are circulating on their social network although it won't be totally gone but its a good way to moderate.
Pages:
Jump to: