Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 140. (Read 202140 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Forza Roma
December 23, 2015, 05:52:31 PM
I think they are not informed on all of the features bitcoin has.

More information about what bitcoin can do and what it is meant for regarding payments etc.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
December 23, 2015, 05:44:08 PM
The amount of time between using bitcoins to pay for a cup of coffee.
Until this is as short as paying with fiat, there will be no MASS adoption.

i some times visit a cafe close to where i live, where you can pay with bitcoin. i just scan the qr code and the coins are sent, and i have my beer. it's that quick. they don't require you to wait for 1 confirmation.

Yeah I don't know where this comment is coming from. Normally when being in a shop, you just scan the the QR code and transfer your coins.

From there you are good to go. No waiting list for people who paid with bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 896
December 23, 2015, 05:35:25 PM

i some times visit a cafe close to where i live, where you can pay with bitcoin. i just scan the qr code and the coins are sent, and i have my beer. it's that quick. they don't require you to wait for 1 confirmation.
Activity: 631
December 23, 2015, 05:17:33 PM
One of the main reasons definitely is that there are too few merchants and shops which accept Bitcoin. Why should somebody "normal" use Bitcoin as payment option when it is hard to spend them?
and when it is hard to get/buy them, another reason is maybe the confirmation that takes a transaction to be confirmed, if there are more ATM more merchant people will naturally be interested in bitcoin.

Confirmation is the minimal issue, but the main reason behind stopping people using bitcoins is the awareness level as very few people are aware about the bitcoins in the surrounding, we want that the adoption level should be high but we don't let them know that we are holding bitcoins as we don't want that they should also start earning bitcoins and that is the human nature, we are only concerned with our success and our earnings.
legendary
Activity: 840
December 23, 2015, 03:38:57 PM
One of the main reasons definitely is that there are too few merchants and shops which accept Bitcoin. Why should somebody "normal" use Bitcoin as payment option when it is hard to spend them?
and when it is hard to get/buy them, another reason is maybe the confirmation that takes a transaction to be confirmed, if there are more ATM more merchant people will naturally be interested in bitcoin.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
The trouble is you think you have time.
December 23, 2015, 03:08:01 PM
Most people don't know that bitcoin even exist, the people that do know about bitcoin could be not using bitcoin for several reasons:
- they don't understand the concept of bitcoin
- they are afraid of losing money when they start to invest into it
- they don't know anyone who are into bitcoin, so if something goes wrong, they won't know who to turn to
- or they just don't believe bitcoin would be a benefit to them

You're right, those are indeed the most common reasons as to why people don't get into bitcoin.
Some people know but they just simply don't believe how much potential bitcoin has
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
December 23, 2015, 03:03:17 PM
Most people don't know that bitcoin even exist, the people that do know about bitcoin could be not using bitcoin for several reasons:
- they don't understand the concept of bitcoin
- they are afraid of losing money when they start to invest into it
- they don't know anyone who are into bitcoin, so if something goes wrong, they won't know who to turn to
- or they just don't believe bitcoin would be a benefit to them
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
December 23, 2015, 02:56:20 PM

This isn't the first use case people will look for when using Bitcoin.
Speculation and bringing money over boarders while national currencies are diving is why Bitcoin will be used.
Your case will be relevant in a few years, when hedge fonds, big financial investors etc. already will have driven up Bitcoin's price.
For mass adoption using Bitcoin as currency is not needed in first place!
Activity: 560
December 23, 2015, 02:53:23 PM
The fact of there still being made new coins and scamming bitcoins in the process,sure damage the concept of bitcoin,i dont understand why people keep creating coins instead being using the current ones ,as i know have been made for everything you may need,one of them is bitcoin.People wont come into bitcoin without a big company make a step to accept them.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
December 23, 2015, 02:51:39 PM
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
December 23, 2015, 12:45:40 PM
What's stopping people from using bitcoin?

Their sheep genes. Most people are domesticated zombies that feel comfortable with their pseudo-comfort and their unconditional positive attutude no matter how the world is going to crap around them.

If they would stop being sheep, they would have already joined bitcoin. So far we only have the opportunists in bitcoin, the sheeps havent joined yet, so I salute you all of you guys who are opportunists and are thinking independently  Wink

Who cares about the sheeps anyway?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
December 23, 2015, 12:00:40 PM

I don't know about you but when I pay for coffee it typically takes quite a while to reflect on my account. Just like bitcoin the transaction has to be confirmed and that can take some time, especially during holidays and weekends.

Bitcoin is similar in that it needs to be confirmed, but the benefit is there are no holidays or weekends for bitcoin. There does need to be some improvement in how transactions work though.

Anyways, people overdraw their accounts all the time with fiat currency. It is easy to forget how insecure fiat currency is.
Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord
December 23, 2015, 10:44:37 AM
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
December 23, 2015, 10:43:48 AM
At first I was not using bitcoin, because I was afraid that I would lose it with no good secure system.
So that is one of the reason people are not using and is something new that they don't have experience.

Yes that is at the first time you use it. But gaining more knowledge will make you more trusting using this currency. That is why so many people dont want it. Lack of knowledge is simply the best answer that is why they are neglecting BITCOIN.
Activity: 84
December 23, 2015, 10:42:13 AM
One reason for people not using bitcoin is that it is not issued by governments, so there is no protection from the governments. I mean in the society we live in today the priority of every person is security and guarantee of everything. If something goes wrong in a bank transaction you can blame the bank it is not the case with bitcoin.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
December 23, 2015, 10:40:22 AM
One reason for people not using bitcoin is that it is not issued by governments, so there is no protection from the governments.
No, the way bitcoin is not controlled by anyone even government is kinda bitcoin advantages, is really suit for people that love freedom..
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
December 23, 2015, 10:40:01 AM
At first I was not using bitcoin, because I was afraid that I would lose it with no good secure system.
So that is one of the reason people are not using and is something new that they don't have experience.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
December 23, 2015, 10:38:04 AM
There are many answers to this question. My simple answer is that nothing is stooping people from using Bitcoin, but Bitcoin is not well know enough. That is the real problem.
Agreed, our real problem is bitcoin doesn't well known enough, it's kinda hard telling people about bitcoin..
Activity: 98
December 23, 2015, 10:35:15 AM
People don't want to spend the time to understand bitcoin. Until the process to buy/sell can be streamlined and simple most people won't want to use it. Imagining older people use it almost makes me laugh. There is no way they will figure it out. Once large companies (Amazon, Google, eBay, etc...) adopt it and make it more accessible then it will never be. Also the volatility as other have said... but as long as more people begin to use the price can only go up, that is the great thing about bitcoin!
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
December 23, 2015, 09:47:52 AM
one of big the reason is,, it can`not be refunded and the scams are always on the side line, bitcoin will remain like an assets that can be traded to any stocks that have a dollar value.

Because it is like your own back. You handle everything even the decision making if you are investing to something. So it will be the owners fault if he will be scammed or not.
Jump to: